The date will all be the same if it's actually a global rollout.

Posted via CB10
    I'm ok with it being for a UK carrier, we'll still be able to download it and install it in that case.

Passport on Wind
    Yes that is true.
    01-09-15 08:42 PM
    Forgive me for asking, how would I go about knowing if an OTA update is available?
    And how would I check if my device is carrier-locked? (this may sound like an odd question, but I am in a country where BlackBerry is not popular enough for the manager of any carrier store to know about whitelisting)

masterscarhead1 said in this thread that 10.0.3.908 is not the latest OTA for the Passport, yet wikipedia page for bb10 does not list that the newest version 1154 is available on it. As wiki knows it, 0.908 (also known as 0.1418) is the latest for Passport. I've tried searching the crackberry forums time and again but there is not one sticky or thread that lists the official version currently available.

The talk of OS leaks only adds to the confusion. Since it is so common, it makes it harder to distinguish between OTA during the rare instance when one can afford enough time (15 mins) to dedicate solely to searching CB and Google for what the latest OTA is. Even more confusing is when different bb10 devices do not share the same OTA availability at any one time. My Z10 is still on 10.2, yet Passport is on 10.3.

Is there something I am missing?

I would really like a straightforward response this time. My z10 would sooner become more dependable as a pestle than a phone at this rate.

SQW100-1, Version 10.3.0.1418 (aka. 10.3.0.908)
    01-10-15 01:25 AM
    Yeah, you have a point. The OS has become a bit fragmented in the last few months. They have reasons for it, nonetheless...

1418 IS the latest official for the Passport.

If your carrier is rolling out an update, a notification will pop up on your device.

If the current official is working well for you, then keep using it until the notification comes up.

However, if you really want to update, you'll have to just check here on crackberry, or other blackberry news sites for updates.

Shouldn't take more than a few minutes, since it's usually top news.

As for the updates being pushed, it's carrier related. Doesn't matter if your device is unlocked or not, it's carrier controlled.

If your carrier does not push the update, you'll have to do it manually. I believe you can also use Link, but that might not work, Link might check for updates based on your carrier as well.

Passport on Wind
    atomicnewbie likes this.
    01-10-15 11:45 AM
    Also, the next major update is rumored for around February, and should see all current devices being updated to 10.3.1.

That should fix the fragmentation.

Passport on Wind
    atomicnewbie likes this.
    01-10-15 11:47 AM
    you can unlock the passport for as little as $15. I dont think it will switch your update source to BlackBerry... just use sachesi.

Posted via CB750
    01-10-15 02:02 PM
    Also, the next major update is rumored for around February, and should see all current devices being updated to 10.3.1.

That should fix the fragmentation.

Passport on Wind
    Lol. Fragmentation....more like fragmentation lite. I remember REAL fragmentation when I had android!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-10-15 02:19 PM
    still no answer to my question...is a carrier-pushed os update free? do they exempt this from their data usage, like they do for their account management site? i'm with t-mo, you-know, telus mobility

Posted via CB750
    01-10-15 09:41 PM
    All carrier updates have been free. The data needed is not deducted from your monthly allowance.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:16 PM
    All carrier updates have been free. The data needed is not deducted from your monthly allowance.

Posted via CB10
    Umm, I don't think so, I actually think that it DOES eat up your data.

It will be a fairly large update if you're going from 10.2.1 as well, almost 2gb.

So make sure to set it up to download over wifi only.

Passport on Wind
    01-10-15 11:17 PM
    I for one am not upgrading to 10.3.1 unless there is a way to sideload an older browser bar that has working flash.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:55 PM
    I for one am not upgrading to 10.3.1 unless there is a way to sideload an older browser bar that has working flash.

Posted via CB10
    silly.

Posted via CB750
    01-11-15 05:50 PM
    I would suggest sticking with carrier update, since it has been tested by your carrier. It's like buying a suit or having a tailor made for you. You don't want what I am experiencing right now, blackberry logo on top right corner often gone missing due to incompatibility with my carrier, trust me, it's not unstable ping. My carrier does not yet carry passport, I guess I am in luck, not.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 10:33 AM
    I bought my BlackBerry Passport on amazon.

Here's what I have (12 Jan 2015)
    How long for a OTA official firmware upgrade-img_20150112_182700.png

Posted via CB10
    atomicnewbie likes this.
    01-12-15 11:30 AM
    I think there is a lot of misinformation here. I own a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 and use it with T-Mobile Austria.

T-Mobile Austria doesn't even sell this phone so I got it somewhere else. As soon as I pop a Simcard from T-Mobile in my Passport get's branded. I get a Carrier Logo when shutting down or booting it up. My default Ringtone changes to T-Mobile and I get the same updates as all T-Mobile users who have bought it with T-Mobile. (can't check with passport, but was about this way with Z10)

So I think it's not that easy to tell what OS update you are getting. I think the process is not clear at all, as there are different device variants, different possibilities to buy the phone, different carriers, different regions, update servers are not in sync (EMEA, NA,...)

Hope I have confused you guys even more, but that's the way it is. With the exception of AT&T and Verizon all carriers get the update about more or less the same time. That's what I see as a dev when looking through download statistics.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 326888
    01-12-15 11:49 AM
    I think there is a lot of misinformation here. I own a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 and use it with T-Mobile Austria.

T-Mobile Austria doesn't even sell this phone so I got it somewhere else. As soon as I pop a Simcard from T-Mobile in my Passport get's branded. I get a Carrier Logo when shutting down or booting it up.

Attachment 326888
    I have the same model but this does not occur to me. I bought mine from the carrier but I have no logos on boot or shutting down. There are no branding apps either.

SQW100-1, Version 10.3.0.1418 (aka. 10.3.0.908)
    01-14-15 09:33 AM
40 12