Seems to me my passport battery life has improved significantly after doing the sic wipe and reload. Previously was getting 10-11 hours and now I'm closer to 17-18 hours. I am still tinkering with apps as I haven't installed all of what I previously used (I was thinking my pebble watch and LG blue tooth earphones was draining my battery). Will update my findings in the near future.

One thing to note is, when I first got the passport I used the switch device feature on link to transfer my old Q5 data to the passport....I wonder if that had something to do with the poor battery life. Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    It does seem transferring settings and/or anything from the Android runtime horribly impact battery life and performance.

I too use my Pebble but often I've just started just using it as a watch and gone to connect it to my Passport only after I want to update it or download some new interface stuff (apps/watchfaces, etc)

I know that's not the point of the Pebble, but i just get so many messages that it drives me nuts to have notifications on!

Almost beat Pixel Miner again (kills your Pebbles battery) so i may set it up to not vibrate on BBM's and leave those for my phone... I've just been out of the habit of having it connected because of how awful my Z10's battery life was!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-01-14 04:11 PM
    Seems to me my passport battery life has improved significantly after doing the sic wipe and reload. Previously was getting 10-11 hours and now I'm closer to 17-18 hours. I am still tinkering with apps as I haven't installed all of what I previously used (I was thinking my pebble watch and LG blue tooth earphones was draining my battery). Will update my findings in the near future.

One thing to note is, when I first got the passport I used the switch device feature on link to transfer my old Q5 data to the passport....I wonder if that had something to do with the poor battery life. Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    Yes transferring data like that is the source of the issue. Very common.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:29 PM
    More important question is what apps do you have loaded on your phone! All native BlackBerry apps OR are you guys running a combo of android and BlackBerry apps?

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    12-01-14 04:50 PM
    So far just approx. 18 hrs. I think with a new update it will probably be better but I wait for official updates.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 04:57 PM
    I've gotten anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. My setup is brightness on lowest, no bluetooth or NFC unless being used, wifi connected most of the times , no active frames, very little android app usage. I don't integrate with FB, just LinkedIn and twitter. I have a Gmail, live, and exchange account. Gmail is set to sync hourly. I listen to music on it about an hour a day on the highest volume setting, do a bunch of email, some WhatsApp, some Crackberry, and use the browser quite a bit. Androids apps murder battery life. So does WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:36 PM
    Androids apps murder battery life. So does WhatsApp.
    WhatsApp is just a ported Android app, no native BlackBerry app, so it's like running an Android app. That's why is consumes you battery.
    12-02-14 01:30 AM
    Moderate usage I get 12 to 15 hours. Heavy use I get 6 hours if I'm lucky. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Or maybe heavy use means different things to different people.
    Wow! How do you manage 6 hours? For fun, I tried to empty the battery. Got about 6 hours of retroarch playstation emulation and dropped to 40% before I admitted defeat. That was miracasting and USB otg controller too. I can't think of a much more intensive task - 3d gaming with cpu emulation. I take my hat off to you, that's impressive!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 01:54 AM
    WhatsApp is just a ported Android app, no native BlackBerry app, so it's like running an Android app. That's why is consumes you battery.
    Not sure what version of WhatsApp you're running, but I'm pretty sure most of us are using a native WhatsApp including Hub Notifications with specific icon, seperate notification in settings and the complete BB Flow integrated within the app.
    12-02-14 02:15 AM
    Not sure what version of WhatsApp you're running, but I'm pretty sure most of us are using a native WhatsApp including Hub Notifications with specific icon, seperate notification in settings and the complete BB Flow integrated within the app.
    If you say so. But there sure aren't any "Built for BlackBerry"-logo in BlackBerry World
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141202_092609.png

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-02-14 02:29 AM
    During my time here in India, my battery life is down by about 50% from when I am at home. Of course, I roam on TMO and for whatever reason using WiFi here in India is fairly battery draining. It might have to do with how the hotel WiFi is set up. Also, I found that using video recording is battery hog. I was at the wedding and took about 40minutes Hi-Def video along with tons of photos. Comparing to my friend iPhone, he was down and out by just half a day. My PP was ticking and reached 17% by the time to go to bed at midnight.

So, there are many factors affecting battery life as expected.

Cheers
    12-02-14 03:50 AM
    Unplugged Sunday at 8pm. Now (Tuesday morning) I'm at 50% with moderate usage. I'm impressed

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:58 AM
    Battery life on my blackberry passport is even worse than on my 2 year old note 2. The phone lasts half a day on a full charge. Plus it heats up considerably when using normal apps like whatsapp and facebook. I really don't know what to do with it. I can't find any way to contact a genuine blackberry service centre here in Mumbai, India. Even the earphones which came along with the phone were faulty. I visited a so called blackberry service centre, the only one here, and they said they will let me know once the earphones are available. This was two weeks ago. Still haven't heard from them. I even complained about the excessive heating up of the phone but they said it is normal. Before purchasing the phone, I read reviews that the passport could last upto 3 days on a single charge. Here, it lasts half a day that too using only essential apps and no games or resource hungry apps. I really am in a fix.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:31 AM
    Average 1day and 14 hours.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:33 AM
    EDIT: oh wow I missed a whole page of comments, nevermind then, it's already been said.

@ andyYNWA: "Built for BlackBerry" doesn't mean those are the only native apps. It just means they follow certain specific guidelines.
    12-02-14 07:22 AM
    If you say so. But there sure aren't any "Built for BlackBerry"-logo in BlackBerry World
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141202_092609.png 
Views:	732 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	318109

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    There isn't a whole lot of difference between a Native App and a "Built for BlackBerry" App.

It's just a set of guidelines set by BlackBerry to ensure the BlackBerry 10 experience to the customer.

Built for BlackBerry - Built for BlackBerry

I can imagine WhatsApp does some "hacky things" to achieve the WhatsApp feel that users experience on other platform. It might as well be WhatsApp not applying to this program since they do not need the additional privilage since their app is already quite populair.
    12-02-14 07:38 AM
    There isn't a whole lot of difference between a Native App and a "Built for BlackBerry" App.

It's just a set of guidelines set by BlackBerry to ensure the BlackBerry 10 experience to the customer.

I can imagine WhatsApp does some "hacky things" to achieve the WhatsApp feel that users experience on other platform. It might as well be WhatsApp not applying to this program since they do not need the additional privilage since their app is already quite populair.
    OK, I didn't know that.
    But how do I know that an app is Native BlackBerry and not just a ported Android app?
    12-02-14 08:45 AM

While I agree with your posts, i do believe WhatsApp is actually the Android app with some minor tweaks to have the Cascades style drop menu and proper integration, as well as no Android bar at the bottom. (and yes, that is possible and fairly simple actually)

12-02-14 09:02 AM
    About 30 hours with normal use. What pisses me off is that Spotify cuts that time in less than half when running. Currently testing Go Music but I don't think that is no longer maintained and will only work properly if I download my albums to my device which is annoying.

So after 10 days perfectly happy with my Passport, except for a lack of a proper streaming music service app that doesn't drain my battery.
    12-02-14 09:03 AM
    Battery life on my blackberry passport is even worse than on my 2 year old note 2. The phone lasts half a day on a full charge. Plus it heats up considerably when using normal apps like whatsapp and facebook. I really don't know what to do with it. I can't find any way to contact a genuine blackberry service centre here in Mumbai, India. Even the earphones which came along with the phone were faulty. I visited a so called blackberry service centre, the only one here, and they said they will let me know once the earphones are available. This was two weeks ago. Still haven't heard from them. I even complained about the excessive heating up of the phone but they said it is normal. Before purchasing the phone, I read reviews that the passport could last upto 3 days on a single charge. Here, it lasts half a day that too using only essential apps and no games or resource hungry apps. I really am in a fix.

Posted via CB10
    Please take a look through this thread or even these forums using the search bar at the top.

There are many methods to increase the length of life that you've been getting!

In short, run a SIC wipe, autoload the latest official os (10.3.0.1418) and do NOT restore from BlackBerry Link.

Should improve your battery life and if you do give this a shot, please post the results after a few days or a week preferably!

12-02-14 10:31 AM
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141222_160510.png

That day the phone had been

brutalized browsing with over 30 tabs open,
    flogging it on CB, and
    using it for some time in the car
    (the tropical "summer" sun turns the brightness all the way up, let's see how it will do in our "winter" or during overcast monsoon days),
    add phone calls, TXTs, emails...
    several apps (phone, contacts, browser, Remember, ClipMan, etc.) always open....

It's OK for the workload, the display was almost always on. I might do a clean wipe at some stage, or wait till 10.3.1 official.

Looks like it's the same on any OS, the clean install always wins (MS Windows, even Linux)... :-)

�   Remember the Reason for the Season, it's Him ...   �
    12-28-14 02:52 PM
    36 hours or more, under very heavy use.

Posted via CB10

I watch a few movies....4 to the precise...and my battery dies....it just stays for 5 Hours if I watch a movie and if I don't even touch the phone and the data is on and all the other components such as WiFi and location are off it just st for 12 hours and it has just been a month since I bought the device...what should I do?
    01-07-17 11:37 AM
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20170108_065649.png

A day. Although this screen shot isn't a typical day...

Screen brightness circa 40%

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    01-08-17 12:57 AM
    A little less than the whole day as I keep playing with it n charging it.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 01:49 AM
    Now that my OS is 10.3.3, i've been able to extend battery life for 17 hours using Whatsapp, instagram, wifi, browser, messaging and a few calls through out the day.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 08:49 AM
    My backup
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20170102_075445.png
    01-08-17 03:17 PM
178 ... 5678