Wow, 70% allocated to display? I like mine on low brightness, which puts me at 21% usage today. I've definitely used my Passport throughout the day today with last charge being 12 hours ago and 55% battery life remaining.
    11-23-14 11:17 PM
    Usually lasts around 16 to 18 hours of use for me

Sent from my Passport
    11-23-14 11:28 PM
    Mine usually lasts me all day. I take it off charge at 7 am, use about 2 hours of gps, and 2 hours of streaming music, 200 emails and maybe 50 whatsapp and BBM messages and work has horrible coverage. By the time I get home at 7-8 pm I still have 50% battery.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 11:38 PM
    Device monitor (Average Battery Life) says: 1 day 12 Hours

In real life, I really don't know...I charge it when I sleep at night, and even after a long day, say 18 hours off the charger, I've only seen it dip below 50% once...it's usually at 60-65% when I put it on the charger at night on a normal day.
    11-24-14 12:01 AM
    Here's another one of mine on an off day where i didn't use it as much (but still fairly heavily compared to 'normal' users :P)

How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141124_015907.png

I literally can only kill this thing before I head to bed by running a ton of Android apps all day and then trying to stream some content towards the night... otherwise I can't get this thing below 10% at the least on an average day!

To those of you with subpar life:

1. Don't over do it! Is your brightness down? This is an amazing screen and performs well in all lighting circumstances even on a low setting! I never have mine higher than 20% unless the video I'm watching is very poor quality and dark! (normally i keep it at min %!) Turn your wifi off when not in range, turn Bluetooth off when not using it frequently, keep NFC off unless you actually use your phone for NFC tags or banking!

2. Have you made sure all of your accounts on the device are setup and logged in? There are numerous threads here about how leaving LinkedIn installed but not signing in kills your battery, ditto with Twitter and Facebook, something to do with the way it checks for no account.

3. If all else fails and none of the other threads on CB have helped your battery life, just TRY the SIC Wipe and Autoload method! It's very simple and easy to do, and you'll be back up and running with all of your phone setup within a couple hours! (One hour to wipe+autoload+update apps, one hour to setup accounts, login to emails, download apps, import old settings, restore contacts from a backup app such as Backup Pro, etc.)

Please do that before complaining about how horrid your life is!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-24-14 01:05 AM
    Not sure how everyone gets such good battery life. If I heavy use my Passport, I get about 7-8 hours. With moderate use its only about 10-12 hours. In my opinion this actually sucks.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 01:14 AM
    Device monitor (Average Battery Life) says: 1 day 12 Hours

In real life, I really don't know...I charge it when I sleep at night, and even after a long day, say 18 hours off the charger, I've only seen it dip below 50% once...it's usually at 60-65% when I put it on the charger at night on a normal day.
    Why do you charge it, if it still has 60-65% battery left? It means you still hav one full day left of use.
    The more often you charge a battery, the quicker it will become poor.
    11-24-14 01:40 AM
    I'm so surprised seeing few of u the batteries are able to last for more than a day..i just bought my passport 2 days ago, and the battery only last for about 9-10 hours. However, I always use waze daily for approximately 1.5 hours, which drains lot of battery.
    11-24-14 02:44 AM
    Why do you charge it, if it still has 60-65% battery left? It means you still hav one full day left of use.
    The more often you charge a battery, the quicker it will become poor.
    that is not the case with modern batteries in mobile phones - in fact it is more likely to become poor if you run it down very low then recharge it. lots of small charges don't make things worse, in fact they are more likely to prolong the battery life as it doesn't spent any time in that battery damaging 'flat' state.
    11-24-14 03:03 AM
    my battery lasts all day even with heavy usage. typically for me that means an average of about 14 hour with heavy use. If I barely use it all, it has lasted for close to 26 hours
    11-24-14 03:06 AM
    Do you mind to tell more about ur heavy usage? Gaming, watching movies, surfing net a lot?
    11-24-14 03:11 AM
    that is not the case with modern batteries in mobile phones - in fact it is more likely to become poor if you run it down very low then recharge it. lots of small charges don't make things worse, in fact they are more likely to prolong the battery life as it doesn't spent any time in that battery damaging 'flat' state.
    But if you chagre your phone when going to bed and it's at 60-65% you will have alot of 'flat' charging. Better to use the phone until the battery is at ~15-20% and then charge.
    11-24-14 03:55 AM
    Man people struggle to read other posts..

My heavy usage which i get 25+ hours battery life from involves using Waze daily, 4 email accounts, hours of CB10, a ton of internet browsing, facebook, 750+ BBM messages sent, ESPN Fantasy Hockey app, running HUB++ 100% of the time, an assortment of other games and apps that change on a daily basis...

Again, if you're getting less than 15 hours (unless you're at extremely heavy usage), just do a SIC Wipe and Autoload.. DO NOT restore from BlackBerry Link. There, all of your problems solved and welcome to an amazing battery life!

11-24-14 09:32 AM

To those of you with subpar life:

1. Don't over do it! Is your brightness down? This is an amazing screen and performs well in all lighting circumstances even on a low setting! I never have mine higher than 20% unless the video I'm watching is very poor quality and dark! (normally i keep it at min %!) Turn your wifi off when not in range, turn Bluetooth off when not using it frequently, keep NFC off unless you actually use your phone for NFC tags or banking!

2. Have you made sure all of your accounts on the device are setup and logged in? There are numerous threads here about how leaving LinkedIn installed but not signing in kills your battery, ditto with Twitter and Facebook, something to do with the way it checks for no account.

3. If all else fails and none of the other threads on CB have helped your battery life, just TRY the SIC Wipe and Autoload method! It's very simple and easy to do, and you'll be back up and running with all of your phone setup within a couple hours! (One hour to wipe+autoload+update apps, one hour to setup accounts, login to emails, download apps, import old settings, restore contacts from a backup app such as Backup Pro, etc.)

Please do that before complaining about how horrid your life is!

All good tips.

I'm like you, in that my display is probably only at 20% brightness or so. I almost never have issues reading anything...and I have my font at the smallest size possible.

I leave NFC and Bluetooth off but everything else is on, including Wifi. Overnight I keep my phone on but in airplane mode. At the end of the day, I definitely get a day's worth out of it although I typically opt to charge it once a day.
    11-24-14 09:43 AM
    Ughh another day another bad battery life on the passport. 4 hours off the charger and I'm down to 52%. I've been deleting uneccessary apps to try and see if that is my problem. I've also turned off 'turn on screen for new notifcations' and will see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 316640

Attachment 316641
    11-24-14 10:39 AM
    did the SIC wipe and reload the device software using BB link, will see how it goes..
    11-24-14 10:46 AM
    did the SIC wipe and reload the device software using BB link, will see how it goes..
    Post #142 suggests to not use BlackBerry link to reload....not sure how this would affect you though if you do use it

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:12 AM
    Post #142 suggests to not use BlackBerry link to reload....not sure how this would affect you though if you do use it

Posted via CB10
    Post #142 suggests not "restoring a backup" from BBLink. Reloading only the OS through Link is the same as using an autoloader.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    11-24-14 11:22 AM
    Post #142 suggests not "restoring a backup" from BBLink. Reloading only the OS through Link is the same as using an autoloader.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    It's similar to using it through an autoloader, correct. As long as you did the sic wipe and removed all past remnants of the OS, is should be a new fresh install. Just make sure you don't let it restore anything until after you see the battery life improvements. If you do see them, then go ahead and test your backup files, sometimes they don't affect battery life and don't cause glitches. Just most of the time they do..

I got away with just restoring my contacts (technically Link calls it System Settings which contacts are a part of) And was able to get away with great battery life. Now i keep all of my stuff backed up via Backup Pro on my SD card and on Mega too (just contacts and settings there though).

However, restoring via Link gave me the infamous "[PC Name] authentication failed, please update your login info" popups that won't go away until i either update or reinstall my OS -.-

11-24-14 11:30 AM
    Attachment 316489

See how much your display takes up, for me today it lasted just over 11 hours, usually I get around 10, but that's because I leave the screen on a lot with full brightness, it drains my battery

Posted via CB10
    Why so bright? Putting it at half will give you at least 4 more hours

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:19 AM
    Just did the SIC wipe, reloaded 10.3.0 autoloader and now manually downloading apps. Will report back if this improves my battery life

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:49 AM
    Hi Guys,

I managed to get about 22hours of usage with an overnight charge however I cannot seem to replicate that with or without an overnight charge (6-8hours) depending on how long I was sleeping lol.
    I had Bluetooth,wifi and gps turned on, I use my phone mainly for bbm,email,whatsapp,twitter,browsing and occasional calls.

Any Idea what I can do? seem to be getting about 12-15hours now.
    11-25-14 06:07 AM
    Almost a whole day based on usage

Posted via Passport
    11-25-14 06:19 AM
    Hi Guys,

I managed to get about 22hours of usage with an overnight charge however I cannot seem to replicate that with or without an overnight charge (6-8hours) depending on how long I was sleeping lol.
    I had Bluetooth,wifi and gps turned on, I use my phone mainly for bbm,email,whatsapp,twitter,browsing and occasional calls.

Any Idea what I can do? seem to be getting about 12-15hours now.
    How long have you been getting the 12-15 hour battery life? When did you do your last OS reload?

If it's within a couple weeks, it could take a little to settle down, but if you're getting awful life might be worth just jumping the gun and reloading again!

11-25-14 12:51 PM
    Seems to me my passport battery life has improved significantly after doing the sic wipe and reload. Previously was getting 10-11 hours and now I'm closer to 17-18 hours. I am still tinkering with apps as I haven't installed all of what I previously used (I was thinking my pebble watch and LG blue tooth earphones was draining my battery). Will update my findings in the near future.

One thing to note is, when I first got the passport I used the switch device feature on link to transfer my old Q5 data to the passport....I wonder if that had something to do with the poor battery life. Just a thought

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 12:20 PM
178 ... 45678