For me, I don't know why my Passport doesn't get that extraordinary time with a single charge.
    I get around 10 hours.
    Maybe its from couple of Android apps that I use

Posted via CB10
    The android apps do drain battery, especially ones that don't actually close when you X out of them. I have Shuttle for a music player and if I'm playing music and close the app the music keeps going. I have to open the app again, minimize it and hold the X on the window to force close it. That got me thinking that all android apps might do that so now everytime I want to close an android app I long press the X until it closes.

I'm not sure if that actually helps battery... and I really don't care because I have not needed to charge my passport during the day once.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:50 AM
    The android apps do drain battery, especially ones that don't actually close when you X out of them. I have Shuttle for a music player and if I'm playing music and close the app the music keeps going. I have to open the app again, minimize it and hold the X on the window to force close it. That got me thinking that all android apps might do that so now everytime I want to close an android app I long press the X until it closes.

I'm not sure if that actually helps battery... and I really don't care because I have not needed to charge my passport during the day once.

Posted via CB10
    I've experienced something similar while using Spotify, it stopped playing when I close the app, but still uses about 10% according to the device manager. After a while I figured out Android Apps do "run when minimized" by default. So I turned this off within the "Permission Details" and this seems to fix my issue.

How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-bb10-minimized.png

This might be something that's only available in 10.3.1.1016 (my current OS).
    11-21-14 09:26 AM
    Usually about 50% when i go to bed
    11-21-14 11:15 AM
    I've experienced something similar while using Spotify, it stopped playing when I close the app, but still uses about 10% according to the device manager. After a while I figured out Android Apps do "run when minimized" by default. So I turned this off within the "Permission Details" and this seems to fix my issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB10 Minimized.png 
Views:	931 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	315972

This might be something that's only available in 10.3.1.1016 (my current OS).
    Thanks, I tried but it isn't an option. Maybe on the new OS like you said. A lot of the android apps you can't change too, but it looks like you will be able to at least change the background which should help

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:38 AM
    Pretty decent battery life, I'd say. From Tuesday night to Friday morning with moderate use. Btw, I use flight mode in my house because of ****ty reception.
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141121_092436.png

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:35 PM
    I am on 10.3.1.1151 with prolonged battery life. Heavy user for work and multiple texts and emails to staff and patients. Average battery life is as shown below - at 16hrs, I still had 36% battery left.
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141120_224632.png

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 10:32 PM
    Mine is a marathon, on 3g with data running it lasts comfortably 3 days. However if I turn data off at bedtime and turn it back on around 6am it gives me another day or so..
    Extremely satisfied with the endurance of the device. Now we all know how long it will last on wifi only!!!!

Regards

Gautham
    11-21-14 11:05 PM
    Picked up this Passport day one that Rogers carried them (a week after official launch via Telus), and it's been one hell of a trooper ever since!

I'm averaging roughly 22 hours battery life, and let me tell you, i hammer the battery. I used to get 4 hours battery life on my Z10 if i was having a lucky day lol

Anywho, this thing has been a beast and today my device monitor won't show much on the gaming side of things since I've been doing more social, work, and uni related stuff, but I can likely say I've used this thing a ton today, still at 21% at the time of writing this just about to throw it on the charger.

Attachment 316111

If i didn't charge it every night for convenience of it lasting me all of the next day, I could probably get around 36 hours a charge :P

Some important infos about my testing:

- 4 email accounts (one work, one school, two personal)
    - Social networking all setup (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, my girlfriends Tumblr (since her Android is always dead xD))
    - A large number (greater than 30) of Android apps installed with at least 3 of them being apps that run as part of your OS and can't be killed from the background except by deleting (important because that causes battery drain)
    - Running Hub++ in the background 99% of the time (a large portion of the Standby percentage)
    - Averaging about 7GB of data used a month, additional 20GB used over Wifi (varies month to month depending on app downloads and the amount of streaming i do)

I can't think of anything else important to include!
    This thing is a beast and 100% the best phone i have ever owned for so many reasons, with the battery being the number 1 reason this this is so amazing! (and this is after two months having owned the phone now)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-22-14 12:01 AM
    Yesterday I got about 30 hrs, that might turn out to be normal for me.
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-30hrs-battery-passport.png

Entered on my BlackBerry Passport
    11-23-14 02:52 AM
    Around 13 hours. I was quiet disappointed.

I woke up yesterday at 7:30 and by 8:30pm I got the "Battery below 10%" alert. Barely mid usage.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 03:07 AM
    Anywhere from 18 to 27 hrs..depending on usage.

Currently atm I'm at 18 hrs:

Attachment 316314
    Attachment 316315

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3 - WIND Mobile
    11-23-14 03:12 AM
    It's ironic that when I purchased the Passport with the largest Blackberry battery, it didn't really matter as I'm now hooked up to Blend all day at work. I always go home with a full charge and never have to think about the battery draining. Judging from weekend use only, the Passport battery would easily get me through any work day without Blends help though. Even more impressive, it out performs the Z30 even though it has an LCD screen.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    RafiqK likes this.
    11-23-14 03:22 AM
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141123_022933.png

4 day normal use

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 04:30 AM
    Six weeks in.

Weekdays - consider moderate use.
    1. Averaging 2 days 6 hours
    2. In real life, off the charger at 7AM, two days later put back on charger again around 11PM with always above 20% of juice left.

During the weekend (light use), when I don't have to deal with a bunch of email, it easily can go three days. But by the time I have to charge, battery will go down under 10%. So I have done this twice. Most of the time, I am keeping a habit of charging every two days.

Cheers
    That's been the same results for me on both the passports I bought at launch time.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-23-14 04:39 AM
    Am I the only one who gets 8-10 hours? This includes the time I don't use the phone. I mostly only use my phone to browse reddit and listen to songs.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 05:47 AM
    Am I the only one who gets 8-10 hours? This includes the time I don't use the phone. I mostly only use my phone to browse reddit and listen to songs.

Posted via CB10
    Around 13 hours. I was quiet disappointed.

I woke up yesterday at 7:30 and by 8:30pm I got the "Battery below 10%" alert. Barely mid usage.

Posted via CB10
    For both of you if this goes on for more than a week, I'd very strongly recommend a SIC Wipe and run the latest official Autoloader (10.3.0.908)

If you still get a bad battery life, feel free to exchange it with whoever you bought it from, that's not a normal battery life and don't accept it for normal!

This things battery is a beast, don't think otherwise!

11-23-14 09:12 AM
    I just re-booted my phone and on full charge it shows 8 hours
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141123_205030.png

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:16 AM
    My average battery life. No live apps, light use:

Attachment 315886

Posted via CB10 using a Blackberry Passport
    How do I see Time Since Last charge? I swear I saw it once but now on Devise Monitor I only see average battery life only. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:21 AM
    Last night I noticed prior to going to sleep still had 74% batt left and was surprised. I just recently got a case with sleeper function and perhaps that feature is giving me amazing batt. Life?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-23-14 09:31 AM
    How long does your Passport actually last on a single charge?-img_20141123_075711.png

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:57 AM
    I just re-booted my phone and on full charge it shows 8 hours
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141123_205030.png 
Views:	397 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	316359

Posted via CB10
    Rebooting is very different from reinstalling the OS.

My guess is something went wrong in your install originally and your OS is corrupt..

Did you restore from a backup from Link? That's a very common resultant from Link restores due to OS changes

11-23-14 10:29 AM
    I'm averaging about 18 hours of battery life per day, depending on how I use it.

When I travel, I rely on my Passport most heavily for conference calls GPS navigation, email, browsing, music, & videos. During this extreme use, I may get about 11 or 12 hours of almost constant use.

When I'm in the office & spend most of the time staring at my laptop, it lasts all day (I charge overnight each night).

On weekends, I tend not to use it as often, so it lasts all day long and I charge at bedtime.

I'm happy with the battery life with all things considered, such as screen size, number of tasked used, etc.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-23-14 10:41 AM
    The only reason I switched from the Z10 to the Z30 was battery life. The Z30 was excellent and I will always have a soft spot for it. In my opinion the best all-touch device on the market. Now I'm in the Passport realm and battery life is definitely better than if not comparable to the Z30.

But the bottom line, no matter which device, is Android apps are complete pigs on the battery...especially Instagram. If these app developers would come to their senses and build "Built for BlackBerry" versions of their apps, BlackBerry 10 devices would truly be the most complete devices out there hands down.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 10:50 AM
    The battery life on my Passport seems to be improving with each recharge. It rarely drops below 50% over a day unless I give it some serious welly.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 04:01 PM
    For both of you if this goes on for more than a week, I'd very strongly recommend a SIC Wipe and run the latest official Autoloader (10.3.0.908)

If you still get a bad battery life, feel free to exchange it with whoever you bought it from, that's not a normal battery life and don't accept it for normal!

This things battery is a beast, don't think otherwise!

Im in the same boat with subpar battery life. Around 8-10 hours depending on usage

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 09:11 PM
178 ... 34567 ...