Be patient as it can take between 45min to 90min depending on how much info needs to be eradicated!

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm, my Passport is well post 24 hours and currently at 98% which has been at this % since I woke up around 6a.m. This morning to check on it and I started the wipe before 10:00 a.m. yesterday..it's now 4:22 p.m. Mind you my device worked perfect before starting the wiping process which had to be done since I listed it for sale.
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    08-13-15 03:36 PM
    This might sound crazy, but my red/black PP has been on 16 hours of wiping now... Not sure if I should try to hard reset at this point (at 98%).
    10-18-15 08:35 AM
    Started Security Wipe Sunday at 4:30 pm to be exact, it is now 8:17pm Monday night so almost 26 hours later I'm at 98%.
    It has been at 98% since 7am this morning. Thank goodness I forwarded all calls to my Q10 but I know I'm missing a load of text.

Edit: 9:45pm held down Power button for a few second and it went from reading Security Wipe to Erasing Memory. Then said Backing Up Apps with the Progress Bar at 17%, I have this daunting feeling that was possibly a mistake.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-02-16 at 07:50 PM.
    05-02-16 07:21 PM
    Well just killed my Passport. Tuesday I read in a post to just hold the power button to cancel wipe and now I have a blank screen with the blinking red light.

The red light blinks in a 1-123-45 and repeats, any suggestions. Most threads say the phone is done and cannot be fixed.

Tried using BlackBerry Link to reload/ restore software but it won't take. The error says unable to load.
    05-04-16 12:52 PM
    Try an autoloader. You may have to plug it in at the right time.
    93Aero likes this.
    05-04-16 02:18 PM
    Thanks. I'll check on the autoloader.
    05-04-16 05:33 PM
    Are you using Windows or Mac when trying to reload software?

Posted via my magical Passport, keeping the dream alive Scotland Aye!
    05-04-16 05:48 PM
    Are you using Windows or Mac when trying to reload software?

Had to get on Windows laptop that hasn't been used in a few years. Think I found the correct autoloader and software version.

When the Black progress box appears it only stays open for a few seconds not even long enough to read the words in the box and disappears.
    05-04-16 06:14 PM
    I had same issue with my Passport using Mac, did as you have done but just used a updated version of BBLink and worked fine then loaded backup from Mac .
    Have you tried just re-loading without using autoloader?

93Aero likes this.
    05-04-16 06:30 PM
    The autoloader route I've followed a few directions from a few threads. Nothing is making it work that was using Windows PC.

For some reason can't get an up to date version of Link off BlackBerry.com to try and reload software again on mac.

Edit: Tried to restore again and keeps saying Repair did not succeed Please disconnect your device and try again.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-04-16 at 07:26 PM.
    05-04-16 06:56 PM
    Mac more than likely will not work I tried for about 3dys and no joy,BlackBerry support sent me this link http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...inkId=23422953 as you know you can't take the battery out so do a reset by holding down the power off button and hold for 10-15 seconds till the Blackberry comes up on the screen then let go, Link in windows should pick up then ask to reload software just follow the instructions.

You can also press Vol up and down at the same time for a soft reset.

05-04-16 07:44 PM
    Thanks Mark bb10, every page I've found to download or check for an updated version of Link the page doesn't load. No matter how long I hold the up down volume buttons or when I hold the power button I still get the red blinking lights. My current version of Link ver 1.2.2 (build 32) is the latest I can find.
    05-04-16 08:12 PM
    Thanks Mark bb10, every page I've found to download or check for an updated version of Link the page doesn't load. No matter how long I hold the up down volume buttons or when I hold the power button I still get the red blinking lights. My current version of Link ver 1.2.2 (build 32) is the latest I can find.
    So just to confirm when you start Link on windows computer you connected you're Passport via USB then hold power button do you see the reload software option and confirm it?

Also have you done windows update as when I did mine the laptop had not been on for a few years and needed security updates for Explorer.

05-04-16 09:02 PM
    Never did the Secur. Wipe on my Z30. On 9900, it was about 4 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 09:32 PM
    So just to confirm when you start Link on windows computer you connected you're Passport via USB then hold power button do you see the reload software option and confirm it?

Also have you done windows update as when I did mine the laptop had not been on for a few years and needed security updates for Explorer.

Na, can't even download Link from BlackBerry website onto Windows computer. When clicking on the download it says page can't be found. Tried the same thing in mac and still says page can't be found.

So no, can't get link on Windows laptop to try what you suggested.
    05-07-16 12:35 AM
65 123