Hi All,

I am getting very frustrated with Blackberry's support and may give up on blackberry and never come back. I jumped on the bandwagon and was very happy I did as this is defiantly the better phone for my work purposes. This phone was leaps and bounds better than my iPhone for keeping me on track of my work schedule and tasks.

I had the proximity sensor fail and causing me to hang up or mute my phone while it was against my ear as the screen will not turn off. After multiple calls to technical support they would not replace or fix my phone as they claim this is a extremely common issue and have no fix for this yet. Finally a Rogers rep asked me to bring into a store and they sent it in for repair. It has now been almost a month and phone has yet to be shipped back. I went to the rogers store and status just shows "Pending" at the repair facility which means nothing to the rep there. Got a call back from the rep at the store a couple days later after he did some investigating and the local BB repair facility has not had training on the new BB product so no ETA on having the inspection and repairs done.

What can I do? hoping someone that has gone through Blackberry repairs can chime in. I can walk into any Apple store and have a replacement right away. Rogers had also been good with the other brands as my wife had issues with her note 3 and they just sent her a brand new one first and we ship the defective one back afterwards. Rogers doesn't seem to want to support BB and only have policy's to have android or apple products repaired or replaced in a timely manner.

I cannot continue with their crappy loaner phone as this does nothing to help keep track of my appointments and work tasks. I gave my mother in law my iPhone 6 when I purchased the Passport and now extremely frustrated.

Please help!!!
    01-11-15 08:30 AM
    You bought the phone from Rogers so they should replace the phone with a new one especially after a mth of them not repairing it.

I'd put pressure on Rogers and get them to replace the phone. Spk to a manager or someone higher up to get it resolved.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:33 AM
    This does not sound like any of my experiences with Telus. In both cases (Z10 and Z30), Telus loaned me a brand new phone, sent mine away with a 2-4 week timeline, and received a brand new unit back about a week later.

I agree with the above poster that this is a Rogers problem, so you should get after them. Blaming the repair centre sounds like a cop-out to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:40 AM
    Hi All,

I am getting very frustrated with Blackberry's support and may give up on blackberry and never come back. I jumped on the bandwagon and was very happy I did as this is defiantly the better phone for my work purposes. This phone was leaps and bounds better than my iPhone for keeping me on track of my work schedule and tasks.

I had the proximity sensor fail and causing me to hang up or mute my phone while it was against my ear as the screen will not turn off. After multiple calls to technical support they would not replace or fix my phone as they claim this is a extremely common issue and have no fix for this yet. Finally a Rogers rep asked me to bring into a store and they sent it in for repair. It has now been almost a month and phone has yet to be shipped back. I went to the rogers store and status just shows "Pending" at the repair facility which means nothing to the rep there. Got a call back from the rep at the store a couple days later after he did some investigating and the local BB repair facility has not had training on the new BB product so no ETA on having the inspection and repairs done.

What can I do? hoping someone that has gone through Blackberry repairs can chime in. I can walk into any Apple store and have a replacement right away. Rogers had also been good with the other brands as my wife had issues with her note 3 and they just sent her a brand new one first and we ship the defective one back afterwards. Rogers doesn't seem to want to support BB and only have policy's to have android or apple products repaired or replaced in a timely manner.

I cannot continue with their crappy loaner phone as this does nothing to help keep track of my appointments and work tasks. I gave my mother in law my iPhone 6 when I purchased the Passport and now extremely frustrated.

Please help!!!
    First thing to do is to call BlackBerry tech support via Rogers customer care line. If the agent deems it's a hardware defect, they would have just authorized a refurbished replacement! Directly via Rogers customer care and I'm not sure why they didn't do this with you in the first place!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:45 AM
    It's obvious that you are a Rogers customer and if this is a Rogers phone then it's all in Rogers not BlackBerry. On the other hand if you are dealing with that crappy Rogers agent (uptown communications) then it's another story. I hope you are dealing with Rogers corporate yourself and bypassed those agents with small stores at almost every other street block.

NewsFlash! The highest rankin g American citizen is using a BlackBerry
    01-12-15 06:10 AM
    Well it seems it is not a Rogers problem as it seems the local Blackberry authorized repair center has not been trained on the Passport and cannot do anything until training is done. I would think it is BB that selects and trains the repair centers. But regardless of which company is to blame this has become really annoying for me. I'm about to walk into an Apple store and just buy another iPhone outright, I cannot stand this loaner phone I've been loaned.
    01-12-15 05:53 PM