It's taken me a while to get used to the device. I'd say it took me a week to be fully comfortable with the keyboard. Having said that, I was a terrible typist to begin with so I wasn't too concerned. I find my accuracy has greatly improved from my Z10 and that is more important than speed for me.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-13-14 01:18 AM
    Only had my Passport since Monday so I was wondering how long it took folks to adjust to the new keyboard on the device coming from a 4 row device with no virtual input.

I really am falling for this thing. The screen makes use so much more usable (to my old eyes). I am getting use to the hybrid keyboard but do miss the Alt key. Too many years with the 4 row has my thumbs getting a bit confused at times. Also hitting 'V' and 'B' a bit too often due to the shortened space bar.

All this said, I can't imagine that this unit is going back. Everyday my speed and accuracy increases (phew, no typos on that sentence!).

What's your experience?

Posted via CB10
    I've had mine since launch day and it took me well over 2 weeks to get use to keyboard - the only reason I stuck with it that long was because I did not want to give up that incredible screen. Now, I'm flying on keyboard and glad I stuck it out.
    12-13-14 03:16 AM
    This being my first physical keyboard ever, took me maybe a week to get used to it. Very easy and nice to use.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 03:35 AM
    It took me a while to get use to it. Probably a couple weeks to be fair. It was really hard adapting to the virtual screen. I got really good at typing on the Passport. I am using a Q10 now and I have to say I miss the width and feeling of the keys on the Passport.

The keys were so much softer and less clicky on the Passport compared to the Q10. It was a lot easier to type (letters only) because the keys were really big! That being said I still believe the 4 row keyboard is better than the 3 row keyboard any given day.. the virtual keyboard I feel is a bunch of none sense. The touch sensitive keyboard was legit though - using it to scroll and swipe was awesome!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 03:41 AM
    It took me a couple weeks. I've now had mine since September, and it's like I never used a four row BlackBerry before. I was on my mom's Q10 today and it felt like a bar of soap in my hand.

You'll get used to it, just train yourself to swipe down on the keyboard whenever you want to access the symbols!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 03:51 AM
    It took me about a day! Very cool
    12-13-14 05:30 AM
    very fast with 2 hands even with the drag factor of no full stop. Thats a doozey.
    12-13-14 06:27 AM
    About 3 or 4 days for me

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-13-14 06:39 AM
    Took me about 2 weeks. Now I fly!
    12-13-14 06:54 AM
    After a few short minutes on the Passport I became familiar with it's layout. So familiar that going back to the Q10 gave me a feeling of taking 2 steps backwards. I am sure that backward feeling was not only to the expanded keyboard but also the tiny screen. I haven't touched my Q10 since. The Passport is awesome and I cant go back to rectangular screens.
    12-13-14 08:19 AM
    "It took me about a day to be comfortable with it. But then I spent the whole day playing with it.

Posted via CB10 "

Your post should be censored - there are children on these boards. they should be exposed to your sick and deprived needs to be "playing with it all day". Can I have a moderator "delete" this post please!
    12-13-14 08:24 AM
    I've had mine for 3 days and I am doing pretty well coming from a Z10. I actually like this typing experience better than a touch screen.
    Same with me. I cannot imagine now an easier typing experience.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    12-13-14 08:29 AM
    "It took me about a day to be comfortable with it. But then I spent the whole day playing with it.

Posted via CB10 "

Your post should be censored - there are children on these boards. they should be exposed to your sick and deprived needs to be "playing with it all day". Can I have a moderator "delete" this post please!
    Lol!!!

"May I see your Passport please?"
    12-13-14 08:33 AM
    ^^^ hilarity!!

It took me about three days to gain some comfort with using the keyboard. However, it took me a week and a half before it became effortless for me. I came from a Q10.

Full disclosure, I am still very much a novice when it comes to swiping. I can't find the utility in how it's suppose to speed up my typing. It just doesn't seem to make me as fast as it did when I last used swiping when I owned by Z10. I'm practicing on it.

I've noticed a few user specific quirks. I don't lift my fingers a great deal when typing, so my strokes are sometimes registered as me double tapping, which then brings up the selection cursor. In addition, I still find the keyboard to be highly sensitive when the selection cursor is activated. I hope there is a way to adjust this in the future unless I do manage to get used to it after all haha.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 08:38 AM
    Took me 2 weeks, now I love it more than the q10 keyboard! The weight however needs more time to adjust to. The size isn't an issue unless ur on the move alot.

But the screen makes everything and anything worth it!!!

Passport Powered
    12-13-14 10:19 AM
    About a month to really get used to it and to type without looking at the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 11:08 AM
    For me it was about two weeks, now I'm typing faster than I did in my iPhone.

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    12-13-14 11:17 AM
    Coming from the Q10 it took me about a month to get back to my previous speed.

I was so in love with my Q10 and blazing fast. I worried I wouldn't ever be as fast on the Passport but I did find my stride. I love the ability to swipe up from the keyboard. The keys are so smooth.

Posted via my gorgeous Passport
    12-13-14 12:12 PM
    Very subjective question. For me there's parts of it I'm still getting used to such as pressing the number key vs swiping down, backspacing vs swiping back to delete; however overall typing speed and accuracy is good. Not sure how to quantify it but I did come from a Q10 so there's some habits there I'm still unlearning.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 12:21 PM
    Coming from a Q10, it took me about 2-3 weeks. Raw typing speed is probably still not be on par, as the thumbs have longer distances to travel, but the swiping makes that up

Edit: And what I totally forgot: the touchenabled keyboard makes it so much easier and faster to accurately place your cursor anywhere in a text. On my Q that was sometimes pretty painful

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 01:01 PM
    A week to get used to it and a month to start flying with it.

Cheers
    12-13-14 01:15 PM
    3 days. When I use other phones they are starting to feel awkward!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 02:16 PM
    It took me about 2 days to be 80% comfortable with it, but another 2 weeks for the remaining 20%. I had to practice a lot, make lots of FB and other forum posts, type long emails and copious notes in Remember. Getting used to all the swipes is key, once you master them, your thumbs will fly.

Another important point: get the built-in dictionary to learn the specific words and expressions you tend to use, so that the correct words come up on the suggestion line, and you only need to type the first 2 or 3 letters before you can swipe up to complete a word. Another reason why practising typing is so important.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-13-14 03:07 PM
    I'm coming up to 48hrs, and I'm having a similar b/v/pace bar "issue" that most others is having. Aside from that, just getting used to there nothing s doc

9000 -> 9700 -> 9800 -> Playbook -> 9900 -> Z10 -> Q10 -> Passport
    12-13-14 04:08 PM
    It didn't take more than a couple of days but that's probably because my previous phone was the Q10. The worst thing in the beginning was using the Z key as the alt key but a few times doing that and you get comfortable with hitting the @123 key and it's all good.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 04:28 PM
52 123