i have a passport that syncs with office365/exchange using activesync. i would like to keep the contact list on the passport exactly like the contacts i see in outlook or owa. i don't want to see any other contacts, either local or from any other account, on the passport. and when i create a contact on the passport it should always be a work contact that gets synced to o365/exchange.

for some reason i keep getting multiple copies of contacts on the passport. the only other account setup on it is skype, and that is set not to sync contacts (no checkmark on it in accounts). the multiple copies are usually not exact duplicates, often one has just the name while another also has the other info like phone, email, address, etc. when i look at the exchange contact list through outlook or owa there are no duplicates.

recently i deleted the o365 account from the passport, then did the 'delete all local contacts' thing, then added the o365 account back in. i thought that would clear out all the multiples and links but no dice. the multiples are still there.

activesync does work. when i add a contact in outlook it gets pushed to the passport. and when i update an o365 contact on the passport it gets pushed to o365. but there are 2 or 3 copies of many contacts displayed in the contact list on the passport. what can i do to keep the contact list on the passport showing only and exactly the same entries as i see in outlook or owa?

thanks
    12-14-14 11:02 AM
    You contact info is probably also importing from another service like LinkedIn or Facebook. You can link contacts in BB10 which will reduce the number of entries, but it wont match exactly to the Exchange data
    01-16-15 08:59 AM
    If you keep having the problem, there is an app called "ContactCare" which will find and replace duplicates. It isn't perfect, but if you have a large set of duplicates, it will clean up most.
    01-16-15 07:42 PM
    i have a passport that syncs with office365/exchange using activesync. i would like to keep the contact list on the passport exactly like the contacts i see in outlook or owa. i don't want to see any other contacts, either local or from any other account, on the passport. and when i create a contact on the passport it should always be a work contact that gets synced to o365/exchange.

for some reason i keep getting multiple copies of contacts on the passport. the only other account setup on it is skype, and that is set not to sync contacts (no checkmark on it in accounts). the multiple copies are usually not exact duplicates, often one has just the name while another also has the other info like phone, email, address, etc. when i look at the exchange contact list through outlook or owa there are no duplicates.

recently i deleted the o365 account from the passport, then did the 'delete all local contacts' thing, then added the o365 account back in. i thought that would clear out all the multiples and links but no dice. the multiples are still there.

activesync does work. when i add a contact in outlook it gets pushed to the passport. and when i update an o365 contact on the passport it gets pushed to o365. but there are 2 or 3 copies of many contacts displayed in the contact list on the passport. what can i do to keep the contact list on the passport showing only and exactly the same entries as i see in outlook or owa?

thanks
    Check your sync settings?
    Check manage you calendarvby pull down and un check duplicate calendars.
    Finally check your default account settings in account settings!

I have found that all three has to be syncing properly for it to prevent duplicates.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 08:37 PM
    You don't have to remove your o365 account to delete local contacts... You just delete local contacts!

Try to figure if multiple listings of a contact come from different services ie exchange, gmail, facebook, twitter, etc. and then you can link contacts. Linking contacts is actually useful because you can glimpse what a contact is up to on different social media, but you have to be patient because it's a PITA to take the time to do it.

Truth is Contacts app sucks big time.
    01-17-15 12:28 AM
    Same prob here. BlackBerry didn't sort out this problem yet. Shame.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 01:50 AM