It seems the forums start to fill up with confusion, and/or complaints about each BB roll out... and I have a couple suggestions for BB in the future.

It's fine if you want to have point of sale at each carrier AND your own store AND Amazon.... but I would change something.

Do what most of the business world is doing, and drop ship them from a single location. Its easy.... You take orders from all your points of sale. Approved transactions port through to the mother warehouse, and ship directly to the customer. Each carrier then ships their own care package, which includes the required SIM. A good system will coordinate delivery dates.

Right now there are carriers out of stock.... You simple could buy an unlocked one, and then pick up a SIM.... but then you lose out on the contract subsidy... So... Let the carrier sell shopblackberry phones, subsidize them, and get these phones in to customers hands as easily as possible.

The carrier usually puts their SIM in their own package anyway, and the customer has to install it. What is the difference?

This would lesson the burden on the walk in stores, and satisfy those looking to hold the device before buying.

AND.... the advanced system, would have shopblackberry link to the approved carrier list, and allow BB to drop ship SIM cards, and subsequently sell the carriers SIMs for them. Its win-win. I don't see why you don't stick a couple college kids with programming skill behind this. I could get it up and running in a couple of weeks for less than $100k.

And finally.... hopefully someone at BB realizes, the masses want a silky smooth experience. This includes buying the damn phone. using the phone. And ultimately convincing others to do the same.
    09-25-14 11:11 AM
    No pun intended but here's my take on your suggestions.

1. Every business needs to be competitive. You don't do things the way others do it. You will be cheap to the customers. Dare to be different.
    2. Every customer is not the same. Provisions must be made for those that do not want contract and there are a bunch of them out there.

Every thing has been properly set up in my opinion.
    By the way, you throw out products in bits at first sometimes to be sure people appreciate what you selling. I'm sure shipments are already moving out right now to stores that are out of stock.
    So, sorry, I can't employ you if I'm the boss
    09-25-14 11:20 AM
    Your ideas seem fine in the overall. For my family and ATT we almost always get our phones unlocked through an alternate source to avoid both the contract and the often higher price. For us your process is not helpful. But for many the ideas do look to be pretty good in the overall.
    09-25-14 11:21 AM
    1. This has zero to do with competition. If you want to be different, blackberry certainly isn't doing that. They are doing it like a mom and pop shop trying to make it. I can understand differentiating... but you ordinarily IMPROVE the process... not make it worse, when trying to be different from others.

2. Where in my suggestion do you see that you would be required to have a contract? It would be just as easy to get an unlocked phone, AND a carrier SIM for your provider, as it would be to get a contract phone with a SIM for your provider.

You can use the "bits" argument.... but if a $100k layout, improves sales 10%.... at $100 profit a phone it would only take 10,000 phones in total sales to get a ROI.

No pun intended but here's my take on your suggestions.

1. Every business needs to be competitive. You don't do things the way others do it. You will be cheap to the customers. Dare to be different.
    2. Every customer is not the same. Provisions must be made for those that do not want contract and there are a bunch of them out there.

Every thing has been properly set up in my opinion.
    By the way, you throw out products in bits at first sometimes to be sure people appreciate what you selling. I'm sure shipments are already moving out right now to stores that are out of stock.
    So, sorry, I can't employ you if I'm the boss
    09-25-14 11:30 AM
    This would definitely help you. You still order the phone unlocked, and check the ATT SIM option. (and input your ATT account credentials).
    Boom your phone is delivered with a SIM, and you don't have to set up separate delivery of your ATT SIM.
    Your cost was the same, and time is saved.

If you are transferring the SIM, you don't request one. Process is exactly the same.

Your ideas seem fine in the overall. For my family and ATT we almost always get our phones unlocked through an alternate source to avoid both the contract and the often higher price. For us your process is not helpful. But for many the ideas do look to be pretty good in the overall.
    09-25-14 11:33 AM