I don't see anything suspicious. Time remaining is subject to change due to usage type. If you just hold the device on the shelf, it grows, and - visa versa - if you play Android games, it shortens.

Posted via CB10
    The key is the system percentage figure in the current cpu tab of the device monitor. If it settles to 3-5% at idle, there is nothing more you can do - it is running optimally.
    12-04-17 06:57 PM
    Not to step on anyone's toes, but conite does have a point. Readers should be aware of Link's advantages/disadvantages.
    arfeo, BigAl_BB9900 and conite like this.
    12-04-17 07:01 PM
    Do so in another thread. It worked for me, pal. And I shared that with others. End of story. You're just hijacking my thread that has good information on how to use Link and how it works. I didn't come here asking for opinions on Link.
    Your post made a very good point that may help out a lot of people, thanks!

Conite also brought up some very valid points and tips that people should be aware of when trying to restore their phones. I am glad that he posted his thoughts in here as well. Thank you for sharing you expertise conite.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-04-17 11:46 PM
    1) LINK won't in most cases install the very latest version of BB10, only what has officially been approved for your device. Some that still only 10.3.2. In those cases Autoloader is the best option.

2) LINK has failed a LOT of people in backing up and restoring data. If it works right now for you, use it. But you had better have other backups for your data.... (ultimate backup or others).

Some have done a clean install of their OS, only to find something corrupted in the backup "files".... data was lost.
    Some have lost or broken their phone and found that LINK would not "switch" or "restore" to the new BB10 phone (or they didn't want to have to buy a BB10 phone at this late point).... data was lost.
    Some have found that suddenly LINK no longer saw their phone, all the reinstalling of LINK, removing of Windows updates, registry cleaning and iTune fixes wouldn't not bring it back.... data was lost.

If you value your data, at this point it is foolish to trust LINK as the only means of backing it up.

That said if LINK and BLEND worked on my PC.... you can bet I'd be using both.
    LSDBerry and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-05-17 08:21 AM
    Once again, the title of my thread was not "What do you think of BlackBerry Link?" and also not "Should you use Link to backup your data?". It was "How I restored my Passport". Pure and simple. It wasn't meant as a discussion of the merits or pitfalls of Link, or any other product. It was meant to give people ONE WAY of restoring their phone, which, in my case, was necessary. I did NOT want to download a huge (2+GB) file from mega, it takes forever if you don't have a paid account. Plus, there are virus concerns. There are a bagamegazillion threads on CB about autoloaders and Link. THOSE are the ones where the extraneous posts in this thread should be posted. This is why threads become way longer than they should, and end up being completely off the purpose of the original post. Would you go to McDonalds and tell them you prefer Wendy's, because Wendy's doesn't overcharge them? Probably not. /endrant
    12-05-17 04:12 PM
    Once again, the title of my thread was not "What do you think of BlackBerry Link?" and also not "Should you use Link to backup your data?". It was "How I restored my Passport". Pure and simple. It wasn't meant as a discussion of the merits or pitfalls of Link, or any other product. It was meant to give people ONE WAY of restoring their phone, which, in my case, was necessary. I did NOT want to download a huge (2+GB) file from mega, it takes forever if you don't have a paid account. Plus, there are virus concerns. There are a bagamegazillion threads on CB about autoloaders and Link. THOSE are the ones where the extraneous posts in this thread should be posted. This is why threads become way longer than they should, and end up being completely off the purpose of the original post. Would you go to McDonalds and tell them you prefer Wendy's, because Wendy's doesn't overcharge them? Probably not. /endrant
    Why are you concerned about the thread length? 100% of the information you wanted to convey is in the very first post.

There are no viruses in any of the autoloader links provided on crackberry.

I'm just not sure why we can't have a friendly discussion. Most threads go way off topic, but that's how these things work.

Everyone here is just trying to help everybody else out. I thank you, and I thank all other contributors to this and other threads.

If the mods feel that this or any other thread is getting out of hand, they can deal with it if they choose.
    12-05-17 04:48 PM
    Alex, I can appreciate you reminding folks of info first offered on CrackBerry in May of '13. As you acknowledged, many people report having issues with Link. Just as you felt folks might not know of the method you chose, it's only fair to mention the alternative, that more will have success with, and shouldn't consume any more data. They both ultimately perform the same process.

Personally, I don't subscribe to doing either, unless absolutely necessary, but don't tell my mother I'm anti-wipe.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-05-17 07:55 PM
    Hi everyone. Since 10.3.3 was released, my Passport's battery has been very bad, maybe holding a charge for one day, if lucky, whereas prior to that upgrade it would last approx. 3 days. I have noticed significant degradation over the weeks, and yesterday, lo and behold, it wouldn't charge, and rebooting the phone (using either the hold down power button or hold both volume buttons) rebooted the phone, but the screen was completely locked. Could not access any icons, nothing worked.

I decided to look into an autoloader, however it seemed too complicated and like it wouldn't be worth it, so I decided to just try the old BBOS route, meaning reloading the OS from Link.

I have Windows 10 on my PC and had read on CB that people had problems installing Link in Win10 and that therefore the computer wouldn't recognize the Passport as a result.

So I downloaded the Link software from us.blackberry.com (even though I'm in Canada), installed it perfectly fine.

Connected the Passport via a USB cable to the computer and Link, unbelievably, recognized the device immediately.

I selected Reload the OS (last option on the Link page), and was immediately prompted to restart my phone. Did that and immediately the updated OS was downloaded to my computer. That process took about 55 minutes. Once the OS download was completed, the installation process on the Passport began automatically, and that part took only about 5 minutes to install, then the instructions said update/reload complete and it was safe to disconnect the phone.

And voila! The phone is completely reset, and working perfectly. Even Evernote and Dropbox were reinstalled, although we know both of those have EOL support.

I thought I'd post this for others in this situation, as I'm seeing more and more posts about people having battery and bricking problems with their Passports.

If you have any questions about this, I'm more than delighted to help!

Andy
    Thats awesome. Just got into Blackberrys and didn't even know about the Passport. Glad to hear about its new lease on life.
    andy957 and BigBadWulf like this.
    12-06-17 05:16 PM
    Thats awesome. Just got into Blackberrys and didn't even know about the Passport. Glad to hear about its new lease on life.
    Thanks! I hope this will help someone else should they be in my situation.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-06-17 07:55 PM
    I should also mention that battery life is back to the pre-10.3.3 days, meaning I'm getting 2+ days out of a single charge, which, to quote Martha Stewart, "is a good thing".
    12-06-17 07:57 PM
    I should also mention that battery life is back to the pre-10.3.3 days, meaning I'm getting 2+ days out of a single charge, which, to quote Martha Stewart, "is a good thing".
    Most have found the doing a wipe or reloading the OS has improved performance.... unlike BigBadWulf I have always been a fan of "wiping" (not really, reloading the OS yes, but security wipes are just as iffy as LINK is).
    12-07-17 09:59 AM
    Is there a video of this problem solving issue somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 11:25 AM
    Or better yet, just run the latest autoloader and skip all that Link crap - as it has been known to cause much heartache.

Here is 10.3.3.3057 for the Passport:
    https://mega.nz/#!EJQUSIYJ!-g77DzNbq...QLrlWk78FSXqxk

Download to PC, unzip it, plug in phone, run autoloader. Done. It's easy as can be.
    Conite I see a lot of people talking about an auto loader what's this gonna do for my phone just clean it up as if it was new again?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 12:39 PM
    Conite I see a lot of people talking about an auto loader what's this gonna do for my phone just clean it up as if it was new again?

Posted via CB10
    That's right. It's a fresh image of an OS that can be flashed your phone wiping everything else in the process.
    12-07-17 12:50 PM
    Most have found the doing a wipe or reloading the OS has improved performance.... unlike BigBadWulf I have always been a fan of "wiping" (not really, reloading the OS yes, but security wipes are just as iffy as LINK is).
    So dunt im kinda like the idea of wiping the device rather than reloading is but question...is ultimate backup the best for my passport and do u think wiping would give my pp better battery life again? Also instead of using back up could I just put all my stuff in a folder on my laptop or something? What would u suggest?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 12:52 PM
    So dunt im kinda like the idea of wiping the device rather than reloading is but question...is ultimate backup the best for my passport and do u think wiping would give my pp better battery life again? Also instead of using back up could I just put all my stuff in a folder on my laptop or something? What would u suggest?

Posted via CB10
    A fresh clean install of the OS usually takes care of most problems. Ultimate Backup is the best solution to backup and restore your data.
    12-07-17 12:53 PM
    A fresh clean install of the OS usually takes care of most problems. Ultimate Backup is the best solution to backup and restore your data.
    Thanks conite

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 01:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably better to start a new thread since your question doesn't relate to my OP. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-17 10:26 PM
43 12