I am soooo excited to get a Blackberry Passport. My question for those of you that have one is simple. I use a holster with every Blackberry I have ever had. I'm not a phone in pocket guy and I don't like to sit my phone on a table (I'll just forget it if I do). What are you previous holster wearers doing to adapt?

Thanks for your feedback.
    10-07-14 10:53 AM
    I am soooo excited to get a Blackberry Passport. My question for those of you that have one is simple. I use a holster with every Blackberry I have ever had. I'm not a phone in pocket guy and I don't like to sit my phone on a table (I'll just forget it if I do). What are you previous holster wearers doing to adapt?

Thanks for your feedback.
    well I had an old LIOUS Vuitton passport case which I just attached industrial double sided Velcro and attached the hardshell. If I need the cam or flash, its really easy to detach.
    Looks great, functional and a bit of posh.
    Attached Thumbnails How are holster users adapting to Passport-img_20141005_110421.jpg   How are holster users adapting to Passport-img_20141005_110429.jpg   How are holster users adapting to Passport-20141005_162043.jpeg  
    10-07-14 11:54 AM
    Grit my teeth and put it in my pocket. The shortness of the phone is helpful.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:55 AM
    I'm missing my holster (always used spring clip types), but keeping hope that someone will make one for it. I just don't like putting it in my pocket, even though it fits fine.

Posted via CB10
    tazcubed likes this.
    10-07-14 12:27 PM
    I'm waiting for a holster... in the meantime, I'd take great care of it in my pocket.
    10-07-14 12:36 PM
    I should add that I got a hard shell and screen protector to ease my concerns about keeping it in my pocket and placing it on various surfaces (which I'm more likely to do without a holster).

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:45 PM
    I keep it in my pocket, use blend at work, set it on my table at home and take it out less often when I'm out and about. It's definitely a different way of interacting with my phone, but I feel the change has been worth it.

Posted on my Passport
    10-07-14 12:46 PM
    I'm waiting for a holster... in the meantime, I'd take great care of it in my pocket.
    Plus one.

Definitely feel nervous getting it out of and putting it back into my pocket with no Pouch to grip.
    10-07-14 12:54 PM
    I'm just waiting for a darned holster to appear. The only thing I can find that will work is a note 3 holster, which of course is too tall. If nothing becomes available soon, I'm going to grab one and stuff the bottom as required. Until then -- shirt or pants pocket with the OEM hard shell.
    10-07-14 01:19 PM
    Hate to say this, but I think the phone is transformational and I am dying to have one, but the Holster may be a deal-breaker. I have full pockets already.
    10-07-14 01:49 PM
    Apparently this holster works perfect. Especially for all of you that dress like 30's gangsters!

LD West Smartphone Holster Review - Freedom For Your Pockets | N4BB
    VR6 likes this.
    10-07-14 01:59 PM
    But no magnet... I asked if they accept custom orders...
    10-07-14 03:01 PM
    Well it's frustrating not to have a holster. I had one for my Q10 and wish BlackBerry made one for the Passport. i'm not a fan of their flip case.
    The first I did was to very grossly cutom a very thin leather sleeve I had for one of my external hard drive to protect.
    A couple day ago I ordered a traditional passport sleeve from Amazon and i intend to customize it a little bit

But then again, it's not gonna fully replace a good real BlackBerry holster
    10-08-14 05:17 PM
    I am having to wear dress slacks to work now just because of having to put the phone in my pocket. Not because it is more professional...not because I work in a professional office building...just because BlackBerry did not have enough foresight to invest in a working mans holster so I have to. Otherwise jeans would be preferred. I am not a man purse or back pocket person, so I am just having to roll with the flow and look like a professional carrying a professionals phone.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    10-08-14 06:09 PM
    I have a screen protector installed on mine and just keep it in my pocket for now. Hopefully they get a holster out soon.

Passport on AT&T
    10-08-14 06:17 PM
    I put it in my shirt pocket at work when moving around or on my desk when at my desk. In the center console in my car. On a coffee table at home or recharging on my night stand (also serves as my alarm clock).

Actually, I kinda like not having that bulky holster on my left hips. I had this daily since 2006.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    10-08-14 06:40 PM
    Patiently waiting for a holster.
    10-08-14 06:53 PM
    Luckily, this phone launched at the beginning of jacket weather here in Canada. I'm good without a holster for at least another 5 months. While inside and moving around, back pocket. I've never been so concerned about what my **** is doing.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    10-08-14 07:06 PM
    Alternatively I like a holster as well due to the fact I like my hands free especially when listening to music.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 01:28 AM
    I just picked up a 3rd party Note3 holster as a temporary measure. It's too tall, of course, but I cut a piece of the foam stuffing and left that in the bottom so it hold the Passport at the correct level. Not perfect, but better than nothing until a proper holster is available.

Elessar.cm | Moderator
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    10-11-14 03:40 PM
    Luckily, this phone launched at the beginning of jacket weather here in Canada. I'm good without a holster for at least another 5 months. While inside and moving around, back pocket. I've never been so concerned about what my **** is doing.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 on CB10!
    I almost think they did this on purpose. Large devices should be launched before winter time, when people wear more and tend to be less outdoorsy and mobile. Small devices should be launched before spring/summer, when people wear less.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:44 PM
    The issue of a holster was discussed extensively on CB prior to the release of the Passport. I am wondering if the reason BlackBerry made a sleeve like case, as opposed to a belt holster, is that given the size of the Passport, the holster with belt clip concept may be impractical.

Many people say it fits comfortably in a front pocket. I have difficulty though, visualising it on someone's hip.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 04:24 PM
    The issue of a holster was discussed extensively on CB prior to the release of the Passport. I am wondering if the reason BlackBerry made a sleeve like case, as opposed to a belt holster, is that given the size of the Passport, the holster with belt clip concept may be impractical.

Many people say it fits comfortably in a front pocket. I have difficulty though, visualising it on someone's hip.

Posted via CB10
    It would be fine horizontally.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 04:51 PM
    I like most of the rest am waiting for a spring clip holster. In the meantime I have been utilizing my front pants pocket and find that to be comfortable for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here's a visual:

Z30 holstered
    How are holster users adapting to Passport-holstered-z30.jpg

Passport holstered in Note3 holster
    How are holster users adapting to Passport-holstered-passport.jpg

As I said above, the Passport is shorter than the Note 3 holster and would slide down, so I have a piece of the foam plastic in the bottom to raise it up.
    geekaren and GeoK like this.
    10-11-14 06:01 PM
115 123 ...