It's the only thing holding me back believe it or not! I don't think I can manage without the holster. I will keep reaching to my side for nothing

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    Lifestyles likes this.
    10-11-14 06:04 PM
    Here's a visual:

Z30 holstered
    Attachment 305230

Passport holstered in Note3 holster
    Attachment 305231

As I said above, the Passport is shorter than the Note 3 holster and would slide down, so I have a piece of the foam plastic in the bottom to raise it up.
    I have Z30 holster right now. I imagine the Passport holster would be massive. Looking at your Note 3 holster, the shortness of the Passport holster should be very manageable and better looking.
    10-11-14 06:13 PM
    Why hasn't BlackBerry released oem sleeves holsters and pouches at launch of the Passport ?? The always have great accessories for their phones and now with the Passport nothing yet.....

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:14 PM
    What are you previous holster wearers doing to adapt?
    This is a soft case for LG Optimus Vu P895 (the first model). Passport is as wide as Optimus Vu, while the former is shorter than the latter.

BlackBerry Passport - 128 mm x 90.3 mm x 9.3 mm
    LG Optimus Vu - 139.6 mm x 90.4 mm x 8.5 mm

Unfortunately it is NOT available on Amazon.com . . . it is available on Amazon.co.jp (Japanese site).

https://translate.google.com/transla...t%2FB0090EM53W

(The label stitched onto the lid bears a tag line written in a little funny English.)

How are holster users adapting to Passport-color.jpg

How are holster users adapting to Passport-belt.jpg

How are holster users adapting to Passport-logo_vannuys.png

How are holster users adapting to Passport-lid.jpg

How are holster users adapting to Passport-side.jpg

How are holster users adapting to Passport-front.jpg

How are holster users adapting to Passport-back.jpg
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-18-14 05:40 AM
    My Q10 holster broke this past week. When I work my second job, I put it further back on my belt to avoid damaging my phone when I am working (it's more physical). I was hopping into the car, caught the holster and broke the clip off. I pocketed the phone for the day and found it uncomfortable and cumbersome to take out. A little Krazy Glue fixed it (doesn't swivel) but I got a good deal on the CrackBerry store for a new one.

I got the email for my Passport the next day, so the holster will arrive the same time as the phone more or less. The thing holding me back from going all in with the Passport over the Q10 is the lack of a holster.

I know it will be bigger than the Q10 one, but I do really like the holster and don't think I'll be happy pocketing my phone. Won't fit in my jeans, I don't always have a coat on and when I do I have keys and kid stuff in them which would damage the phone.

I'm hoping a holster is out soon, then maybe I'll go all in with the Passport. If not, I'm seriously contemplating selling it. It is a make or break for me at this point *opinion subject to change upon playing with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 07:27 PM
    I would prefer to carry my Passport in a belt holster (preferably with belt loop). So, what I did was to look for similar phones and I found this:
    BELT CLiP PU LEATHER POUCH CASE COVER HOLSTER FOR LG Vu 3 F300L | eBay

I have just ordered it (LG Vu 3 and Passport are very similar in dimensions). Let us cross fingers.
    10-20-14 01:49 PM

Passport holstered in Note3 holster
    Attachment 305231
    Can you please provide me with the brand and model of that Note 3 holster?
    10-21-14 12:38 AM
    Hi,
    I haven't got a passport yet but as a prototype I just amended a galaxy s4 case, so it should fit. If it does I will do a proper job on another case. The holster was only 4 quid on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 308014
    Attached Thumbnails How are holster users adapting to Passport-img_20141021_063732_001.jpg  
    10-21-14 01:56 AM
    Has anyone tried this one.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=SjbLhtp0

Some folks were talking about ordering one of these custom jobs....I was wondering how it worked out.
    10-21-14 04:26 AM
    Can you please provide me with the brand and model of that Note 3 holster?
    Sorry, but there is no brand name or model. It's a no-name faux-leather item that came in a clear, unlabelled plastic wrapping from one of the kiosks in my local mall. Essentially, it shows that most vertical Note3 holster should do the trick until a proper holster comes out.
    10-21-14 07:03 AM
    I also tried a generic note 3 swivel clip, it is too tight out of the box, it might be stretched to be workable. However my first pull caused a re-start, not sure why, maybe I held the top power button too long.

I suspect if note 4 is wider it could work, still longer than necessary, I picked up a horizontal from a street vendor, probably 6plus model, it has a crap slip over the belt clip...I don't like this, just not secure enough. Fits fine despite the length but I also find it awkward pulling the device, I am much more comfortable with the vertical pull. It could just be muscle memory.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:22 AM
    Why do you guys want a holster so bad? Man did I hate having a holster when I had the side scroll BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:41 AM
    I'm disliking it very much. Waiting patiently for a nice professional leather holster.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:48 AM
    Another week with the passport and I still miss the holster. The only thing I can think or (other than lack of confidence of sales) is BB is having issues with protecting the screen with a traditional holster. With the traditional holster the phone is placed with the screen toward the body and by having a larger screen, the holster needs to be beefed up around the swivel to be sturdy and not cause too much stress directly on the screen. I am hopeful that the case is worth the wait as I am searching each day ebay, shopbb, and amazon for one.
    10-21-14 07:59 AM
    Sorry, but there is no brand name or model. It's a no-name faux-leather item that came in a clear, unlabelled plastic wrapping from one of the kiosks in my local mall. Essentially, it shows that most vertical Note3 holster should do the trick until a proper holster comes out.
    Thanks! I guess the best way is to test out cases at the mall unless online vendors list the dimensions.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-21-14 09:06 AM
    Another week with the passport and I still miss the holster. The only thing I can think or (other than lack of confidence of sales) is BB is having issues with protecting the screen with a traditional holster. With the traditional holster the phone is placed with the screen toward the body and by having a larger screen, the holster needs to be beefed up around the swivel to be sturdy and not cause too much stress directly on the screen. I am hopeful that the case is worth the wait as I am searching each day ebay, shopbb, and amazon for one.
    Not hard to increase the size of the backplate on the interior side of the holster to reduce pressure.

I see that Pdair plans to have 3 cases, but all are marked as coming soon. I don't like their belt clips, not very secure.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-21-14 09:08 AM
    What are peoples thoughts on a shoulder holster, the kind you would use for a handgun? Advantages which come to my mind are that is in a less vulnerable place than either a pocket or attached to a belt. Downside is I can see it being slower to answer a call

Via Z10 or Passport, whichever is to hand
    10-21-14 10:27 AM
    10-21-14 12:06 PM
    What are peoples thoughts on a shoulder holster, the kind you would use for a handgun? Advantages which come to my mind are that is in a less vulnerable place than either a pocket or attached to a belt. Downside is I can see it being slower to answer a call

Via Z10 or Passport, whichever is to hand
    I don't think it would be any slower as long as the holster doesn't move when pulled. I seem to cross-draw most of the time with my Z10 and I'm just as fast as with the normal draw that I used to use with my Torch.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-21-14 01:34 PM
    If they only had the BBRY swivel clip i would be buying it!
    10-21-14 06:19 PM
    I received the Nite Ize leather executive case this afternoon, with the Amzer Pudding case it doesn't really fit, going without the case it fits well, the case is a little longer than the device and unfortunately does not leave access to volume, headphone or power buttons.

Clip Case Executive Phone Holster Size XL.

The clip is ok, it seems a little lite - made of a thinner plastic than i would like - but the lip on the bottom of the clip keeps it safely latched to a belt. The clip is not a swivel and i would imagine it could cause stresses or tension for certain movements and could be a bit of a weak link over time.

Not perfect but the best solution thus far.
    10-23-14 07:11 PM
    I'm still hoping for a spring clip holster. I saw another thread of someone taking their dremmel rotary tool to a iPhone 5 seidio spring clip holster (to carve a flat bottom lip),.. I hope I don't have to resort to such measures.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:21 PM
    Passport is as wide as Optimus Vu, while the former is shorter than the latter.

BlackBerry Passport - 128 mm x 90.3 mm x 9.3 mm
    LG Optimus Vu - 139.6 mm x 90.4 mm x 8.5 mm
    BlackBerry Passport versus LG Optimus Vu . . .

How are holster users adapting to Passport-passport_optimusvu_horizontal.jpg

How are holster users adapting to Passport-passport_optimusvu_vertical.jpg
    10-24-14 07:35 AM
    It's the only thing holding me back believe it or not! I don't think I can manage without the holster. I will keep reaching to my side for nothing

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    That happens to me a lot. I used to have two swivel holsters at all times. Now I am down to one. A lot of times I grab to my right hip to use the Passport just to realize that I am holding it in my left hand.
    The habbit is so bad that the other day I wanted to check email and grabbed to my right hip and I literally thought that I forgot the Passport. Then I looked in my left hand and said to myself 'oh there it is'.
    Since I used swivel holsters since before the Storm1 it is probably the biggest adjustment.

Using Blackberry Passport via AT&T
    10-24-14 08:01 AM
    This could be good for us UK owners
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00N...UvbUpU11008100

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 11:35 AM
115 1234 ...