11-24-16 06:25 PM
1,668 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    "I like that. Oh big screen. I use a samsung. It's cheap!"

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 12:27 PM
    I'm on the train into London Victoria at some ungodly hour. Squashed in between two passengers with elbows tucked in and Passport jutting out in front of me.

Bloke opposite: "Excuse me, but is that a new model of Blackberry, I haven't seen anything like that before?"

Me: "Yes, but it's so much more than that, it also has a time travel app. I've just come back from the sixties, and let me tell you it's really groovy"

The bloke opposite smiles in such a way that I'm really not too sure as to whether he thinks I'm telling the truth. People either side of me now staring at the device. Realizing that I'm probably coming off as a pretentious git, I proceed to tell him how great it is. Then, as the train arrives at destination:

Bloke opposite: "Thanks... enjoy the sixties"

Me: "I shall, thanks"
    06-22-15 04:19 PM
    The longest thread, ever, yeah? Just to talk about how we want people to be impressed with our possession of BlackBerry Passport. I do have one, and I carry it around seriously everywhere outdoors, but never a single strange soul ever said anything. Not once. Got me very curious, really.

Posted via CB10
    If you carry it they will comment. Have faith your time will come

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 04:51 AM
    If you carry it they will comment. Have faith your time will come

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for the vote of confidence. But I somewhat doubt it. I live in Indonesia, so it's pretty hard because we're not really in on the culture of commenting something about someone else openly. They do stare, absolutely, and on rare occasions even point fingers, but commenting openly? Actually approach and say/ask something about it? Naah.
    06-23-15 11:32 AM
    Ok, that may explain it a bit because almost everyone who sees my PP has something to say about it here in Europe. Asians too. But maybe it's because they live here, aren't shy at all most of the time...
    06-23-15 12:31 PM
    "Oh, they still make Blackberry?" (Give me strength)
    06-23-15 12:45 PM
    "Oh wow thats a cool phone"
    06-23-15 03:22 PM
    * That is the smallest tablet I have ever seen
    * Wow, it is heavy! (We weighed it and it was 1.75oz heavier than the commenter's phone)
    * It has a full keyboard?

I looked at a demo phone back in April with my guy, who was playing on his S6. He glanced up and raised an eyebrow saying "That is pretty big - will you be able to carry it around?" When he found out I was changing from Android to BB, he said he had heard they have a superior platform. I told him he should change over with me and he said no, he loved his phone. I reminded him I can't read his texts or emails due to the virtual keyboard misspellings. He said he would never go back to PKB.

I then got my phone about a month ago and he hasn't seen it being used - just a few times lying around. He again remarked it was pretty big and asked if I could hold it to make calls.

Last night he saw me using it and was watching in the background. I didn't say anything but I was zooming around on the phone with the touch sensitive PKB, typing away on the PKB, mapping numbers to the PKB, peeking at the HUB, answering a few texts that came through while on internet, etc. He then started poking his hands inside mine to see how that scrolling keyboard worked and then started swiping all over the screen (while my hands were still on the phone!) He remarked "wow, the best of both worlds - a virtual and PKB?"

He wanted to see how fast I could type (I come from a wider PKB than PP so I actually type a little slower than normal on PP), but I had my shortcuts set up to send a quick text, used flick to type, attached a pic and sent it off. He just kind of stood there. He then asked if I could get two specific android apps and I pulled them up on SNAP.

He asked to see emails and I swiped all the way right in HUB and showed him my list. He remarked again he heard BB's platform was superior. I asked if he was going to switch to my phone. He said no, it is a bit big...but I may switch to BB. Then....several hours later we were watching TV and out of nowhere he said "You know, I may get that PP of yours".
    06-24-15 02:41 PM
    * That is the smallest tablet I have ever seen
    * Wow, it is heavy! (We weighed it and it was 1.75oz heavier than the commenter's phone)
    * It has a full keyboard?

I looked at a demo phone back in April with my guy, who was playing on his S6. ...
    Had a laugh reading how your partner gradually realized about the good things of the Passport, good story. Here I have not converted anybody to the Passport but only to OS10 and BlackBerry. It is true that when people see the phone at work they understand how powerful it is. Pity that the BlackBerry marketing and CS is not up to the level of the hardware.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    06-24-15 07:02 PM
    I've had nothing but positive surprised results, just yesterday while walking out of the office with Passport in hand I hear someone behind me ask is that the new BlackBerry. I turn around and extend my hand and say yes, and introduce them to the Passport for about 10 minutes. Of course its always the same reaction of "is BlackBerry is still around, or I used to have a BlackBerry years ago".

This time it was "I see the stock is up one day and down another" from the news sites, the guy said just from my zeal of the device was enough to push him to purchase an unlocked model because his carrier didn't carry the phone.
    We exchanged cards as I offered with set or any questions he may have.
    06-24-15 07:44 PM
    I was typing out an email in the McDonald's drive through and the chick at the window saw my phone and asked, "what kinda phone is that?!?!"

Posted via Passport
    06-24-15 08:02 PM
    Hubby just saw my 4months young pp phone after being away o'seas for 5 months. I'd forgotten he hadn't seen it. He was wowed by the screen size and how clear the images were, saying it looks like a TV! Likes the keyboard and how easy I make it look to use. Love my pp

๓  p姧př
    06-26-15 08:15 AM
    Yesterday... "Is it a phone too?" - BTW, I just trade marked that John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 01:32 PM
    Had a co-worker tell me, "if you're phone was any bigger, it'd be a TV". He thought BB went out of business. He uses an S6.
    06-26-15 05:35 PM
    Most people immediately want to know what kind of phone this is - when I tell them they say they've never seen a a BlackBerry like this before. One lady told me she really liked BlackBerry and since it was time for her upgrade - after seeing mine - she was going to check it out seriously. I told her about the awesome camera this phone has and that seemed to peak her interest even more.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 10:17 PM
    "What the? It looks like an iPad mini phone!"
    -Friend
    06-29-15 11:22 AM
    "That's a really big tablet, I mean phone. How wide is it?"

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    06-29-15 11:56 AM
    "Omg is that a laptop/computer/tablet?"
    "Wow that's huge, can it fit in your pocket"

Posted via Passport
    06-29-15 01:54 PM
    Started shadowing a veterinarian today who I knew was from Canada. Before I left, he was handing me a phone he thought was mine and then said:

"Oh ya, you have a BlackBerry."

I responded, "Ya, they're from your home turf."

He then went on and on about how it wasn't as big as the one he used to have and how fast he used to be typing texts and emails. Then he said he hates the iPhone keyboard but is an Apple boy now.

I showed him the capacitive functions of the keyboard but then had to leave.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-29-15 02:02 PM
    Person: "I didn't know that BlackBerry still makes phones. Nice square Screen, wow. Yeah, a Keyboard was nice then."

Me: "Yeah, still is Dude and it's Touch Sensitive."

Person: SPEECHLESS

@ Passport
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    06-29-15 05:55 PM
    Immediate reaction from friends/family still is, 'I see you have your tablet/ipad mini still...' The ball busting never stops from them, I enjoy it, I still think I'll have the last laugh in a few years

In NYC, I'll have a couple very interested people every week see me using it on njtransit/subway/street/post office and the conversation is usually similar

Them: What kind of phone is that?
    Me: Blackberry.
    Them: I really miss having the keyboard, didn't realize the company was still alive
    Me: Alive and stable, and they've really stepped their game up with the new OS and phones. Unfortunately they can't afford to market it too much yet to compete.
    Them: Where'd you get it? How much?
    Me: Unlocked from amazon, about 500, on contract with ATT, 200.
    Them: Damn, I need to look into this

Actually have had a good amount more people now say point blank that they were going to get it. This is all without even demonstrating anything other than briefly pointing out that I have all the android apps and the battery is a workhorse.

I really hope the company can make it again mainstream, stranger things have happened in business. I see no reason to think they can't make a real comeback in a year or two as things stabilize further and then can properly market the phone. And if they can put a BB10 skin over an android base as is rumored with the slider, it makes the job that much easier. One can dream...
    07-01-15 09:33 AM
    I can't wait to see the reactions I get. Passport enroute.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:42 AM
    Anyway, if people start with "What phone is that?", they'll get a steadfast reply: "It isn't, it's a BlackBerry. "
    Comparing my Passport to a phone, how dare you? What insolence.
    Comparing any smartphone to any BlackBerry is an insult.

CB10 - Passport
    07-01-15 12:45 PM
    Immediate reaction from friends/family still is, 'I see you have your tablet/ipad mini still...' The ball busting never stops from them, I enjoy it, I still think I'll have the last laugh in a few years

In NYC, I'll have a couple very interested people every week see me using it on njtransit/subway/street/post office and the conversation is usually similar

Them: What kind of phone is that?
    Me: Blackberry.
    Them: I really miss having the keyboard, didn't realize the company was still alive
    Me: Alive and stable, and they've really stepped their game up with the new OS and phones. Unfortunately they can't afford to market it too much yet to compete.
    Them: Where'd you get it? How much?
    Me: Unlocked from amazon, about 500, on contract with ATT, 200.
    Them: Damn, I need to look into this

Actually have had a good amount more people now say point blank that they were going to get it. This is all without even demonstrating anything other than briefly pointing out that I have all the android apps and the battery is a workhorse.

I really hope the company can make it again mainstream, stranger things have happened in business. I see no reason to think they can't make a real comeback in a year or two as things stabilize further and then can properly market the phone. And if they can put a BB10 skin over an android base as is rumored with the slider, it makes the job that much easier. One can dream...
    Same experience here.

The comments used to be: "That's a weird phone, you're weird.". Now they're more like: "Wow, cool phone, how much, i'm going to get one"

Posted via CB10
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    07-01-15 08:33 PM
    Is BlackBerry still alive?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 01:05 PM
1,668 ... 4849505152 ...