Kinda funny thing happened to me while finishing a project and used my passport to check out for the day. The site contact had to also speak with the person on the phone and when I handed her my phone she first strangely looked at it and then started talking to it I guess thinking I had it on speaker. I had my bluetooth on and politely told her to put the phone to her ear. She thought it was a tablet and was surprised finding out it was a phone and even more surprised that it's a BlackBerry. To top it off this young lady thought BlackBerry had stopped making phones, I think she said she had a storm at sometime ago. Finally she actuality said it's a nice phone and she liked it. It's sad that so many people out there still think BlackBerry is gone or don't have a clue about the new devices in the market.

Posted with my Great Passport
    04-30-15 10:52 PM
    I already posted here a couple of months ago....but had a couple more reactions....a couple of people from a contraction firm that deployed The Bold did not know of the Passport....a cute girl in the subway was listening to music on her Q10 asked if this is a new Blackberry....some lady saying she did not know Blackberry makes phone that big.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:50 PM
    Reaction from yesterday:
    - Oh, you're phone is bigger than mine!! Challenge accepted!

PIN: 2BEC9B73
    05-03-15 07:44 AM
    Just got one for my self and as soon as I open the box the first thing my wife said "mine? Thanks love it".... had to go back to the store and buy another one

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 08:27 AM
    Is there an app for iPhone to have kids? Drats, they have an app for everything... hope we can get the android version...

Posted via CB10
    You got jokes. But is was funny
    05-04-15 11:25 AM
    Most people who have seen it, like it and say the size isn't that bad.

I work for an engineering firm and we started work this week on a road reconstruction job, new sewers, watermain, curbs, sidewalks, pavement, the whole works. I am always on my Passport with emails and texts and a few calls. My contractor usually says "there he is, on his computer again". He is 90% correct.

Posted via CB10
    ikeike859 likes this.
    05-06-15 11:02 AM
    Takes great pictures too.

Sorry about the second, the excavator moved and went out of focus. I couldn't delete.

Posted via CB10

Attachment 351488
    Attached Thumbnails How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20150506_120707.jpg  
    05-06-15 11:08 AM
    ... we are still talking about the passport, right?

Posted via CB10
    I'm dying.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-06-15 01:13 PM
    Everything that has been said to me has been positive. In the sense of "Damn that is a cool phone!". To which I respond...not a phone...it is a communication extravaganza....or for the laymen.....a blackberry! Whoop!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:29 PM
    I was just in a meeting.... several people said -what the heck is that?
    A guy in the meeting, from Germany jumps in and says thats the Blackberry Passport, and I have the classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:36 PM
    I get a lot of,..."damn, that's a big @ss screen"!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:38 PM
    Some have said: "wot da faq?"

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 05:00 PM
    Just returned from a city break in Prague. My Passport got everyone's attention, and one guy in a souvenir shop even asked: is that the new BlackBerry? Yeah, I said. Then, naturally, the price question: how much is that? Well, around 500 euros. The guy shook his head, another WOW and then some words in Czech. Guess 500 was too much

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    05-07-15 12:54 AM
    Yeah I have gotten way more positive ones than negative. Just went on vacation with the wife and everyone was like is that a blackberry. I was like yes yes it is. They really should have marketed this phone more and had it on store shelves DAY 1

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 04:48 AM
    I JUST got....oh wow I didn't know they still make BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 06:35 AM
    Just got my Passport a few days ago. Since then:

-5 ppl on the subway asked me what it was...
    -Many ppl on the subway stare at it and say nothing, but you catch them looking.
    -At my weekly networking group this morning, everyone wanted to touch it and check it out.
    -At a Starbucks in Manhattan the Barista kind of jumped back when I paid with the Starbucks app and saw the phone saying... 'Wow! - That's a cool phone! What kind is it? (then saw the BlackBerry logo and said) 'Who owns BlackBerry now? Didn't Apple buy them?'...
    -Both my teenage sons have Z10's... 'It's too big!'
    -My son's friends... 'That's cool!'
    -A client... 'Always loved BlackBerry. Is that an old one?' and 'I thought BlackBerry was out of business?' (hear this way too often...)

It's a definite conversation starter, no doubt.

One thing is very clear... BlackBerry needs to spend a few friggin' dollars on advertising, and not just in the Wall Street Journal once every green moon... It just seems so few even know BlackBerry is still alive as a company and still selling phones. How do you expect people to buy BlackBerry products if they don't know about them?

Kobnyc
    Last edited by kobnyc; 05-09-15 at 07:29 PM.
    05-07-15 09:07 AM
    'it's so big' is what I usually get, to which I respond with something like 'Ohhh matron' or 'that's not the first time I've been complimented about it's size'

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 09:43 AM
    I always them them "ya thanks, but my deck is even bigger" !!

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-07-15 10:41 AM
    Today at construction site from my client - "I didn't see that kind of BlackBerry yet" and that's in Poland where BlackBerry is even more exotic.

Before buying Passport I wanted to make sure that size will be acceptable for me so I've made a cartoon model bacause of lack real Passport in the wild. I've showed it to my friend who used Note3, he laughed at first, then checked it out again and put it back. Week later I've meet him and he shows me a brand new white Passport

My first Passport
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20150507_221008.jpg

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry and kertong like this.
    05-07-15 03:21 PM
    Today at construction site from my client - "I didn't see that kind of BlackBerry yet" and that's in Poland where BlackBerry is even more exotic.

Before buying Passport I wanted to make sure that size will be acceptable for me so I've made a cartoon model bacause of lack real Passport in the wild. I've showed it to my friend who used Note3, he laughed at first, then checked it out again and put it back. Week later I've meet him and he shows me a brand new white Passport

My first Passport
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150507_221008.jpg 
Views:	5721 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	351704

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Did you like your first passport in a case or nude?

Posted using my BlackBerry PopTart.
    05-08-15 03:46 AM

My first Passport
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150507_221008.jpg 
Views:	5721 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	351704

Posted via CB10
    That's hilarious! :-)

Kobnyc
    05-08-15 06:04 AM
    Funny how most ppl saying they went to att store and they wish they had the passport. I actually bought my att passport in the att store. I went to the store went straight to the rep and said I want the passport. He said I don't think we have it in stock. I almost cried. Then he checked the back and they had one. I was ecstatic!! I love my passport so much.

Some ppl say " what is that?" really blackberry...? U didn't like your iphone 6plus? Answer is I like the iphone, but I LOVE the passport and then I show them the features. Keyboard, hub,blend.... and they are impressed.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 09:57 AM
    But what I really love is the note 4 users coming over to say. Your phone is Hugh... too big and I'm like, let's see oh its a drop wider then urs...? Not like ur phone is small... and they pretty much have nothing smart to say!!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 10:02 AM
    On my recent trip to US my client hold my phone to see some pics and said "wow man. That's a nice phone. Can you give it to me?"

I said get one from at&t store

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    05-09-15 05:27 PM
    I've had some tell me they would never be caught with that. "That's gay" "What the hell is that?" "Who uses Blackberry?" "They're still in business?"

When I let them hold it, that's where their opinions change. I've gotten 2 people to buy the Classic just by showing off that phone. No luck on converting people to the Passport yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-15 09:00 PM
1,668 ... 4445464748 ...