I just got a PassPort today and went to The Source to get a nano-sim for it, and the guy helping me out asked if I had it on me and if he could see it, then yelled at the other guy to look. The attention was quite surprising for me having just got it, but he was nice and didn't bash it or anything.
    thymaster likes this.
    03-28-15 01:18 PM
    Wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:19 AM
    Last week received finally my Passport, so I went to my carrier's store to get an extra sim card with the same phone number so I don't have to switch sim cards every time i switch from phone. The sales guy asked me wath kind of sim I want, so I asked for a nano sim. He gaves the nano sim and i putting my passport on the desk to fit the sim card in. Huh, what phone is that? Huh, a blackberry? They still make phones?
    I show hem all the functions of the passport, open up Google play and download and run an app. You've got to see the look on his face. I told hem to check crackberry.com forums to find all the tips and tricks.
    Then he asked me where I buy the phone. I told him Amazon. He opens Amazon immediately and orders one. LOL

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SQW 100-1
    kekos, thymaster and ediggity like this.
    04-05-15 02:45 AM
    Omg. Is this serious?

The best things in life are squares.
    It is seriously happened. I made only the situation 'light' but it is dammed scary...

And btw, I used that 'calculator' thing to call the police...

(Just only wondering why they are mistakenly thought the BlackBerry Passport as calculator when it has no physical number keys on it?)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 03:27 AM
    It is seriously happened. I made only the situation 'light' but it is dammed scary...

And btw, I used that 'calculator' thing to call the police...

(Just only wondering why they are mistakenly thought the BlackBerry Passport as calculator when it has no physical number keys on it?)

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. I wonder the same thing. My colleagues mistaken it for a calculator too, and I just rolled my eyes.

Its mistaken identity worked for you, though. It kinda saved your life.

Pasaporte
    04-05-15 05:23 AM
    I work as a bookkeeper, so when the armored cash delivery guy came yesterday he was like "Hey, I haven't seen this phone before...." as I had just switched from the Q10, which he was used to seeing lying around my office. So, of course I HAD to show off! I'm like, "Check out this touch sensitive keyboard! Look at how fast my phone is! So good for browsing and downloading! Look at the camera quality!" He was mostly amazed that it was a BlackBerry, but as far as the quality, he was most definitely impressed

 = ♥
    04-05-15 05:47 AM
    Had my coworker say to my boss the other day, "can her phone get any bigger?!?!" My boss replied with,"It's practically an iPad...what a brick!".
    So sad for them that they are missing out rocking their S5s

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and kekos like this.
    04-05-15 06:23 AM
    Amazement!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    04-05-15 06:24 AM
    Love the posts too...I've rocked a Passport for a few months now and still love it.

A quick story - we're up north in Algonquin Park for the weekend currently...my fianc� looks at her Passport this morning - says 'wow, I haven't charged my Passport since Friday morning and it's still at 50%!'. Try that with an iPhone...

Love it!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-05-15 06:27 AM
    My brother was in an AT&T store last Thursday and mentioned to the sales lady, who was rocking a Z10, that I have a Passport. She asked him to call me to see if I'd bring my PP by so she could see it before she orders one for herself.

I'm going by there Monday. I'll post her reaction after.

� T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 � � Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708 �
    thymaster likes this.
    04-05-15 08:27 AM
    I was at the bar at a Ruth's Chris Steak House and the lady next to me says "wow" what kind of phone is that? When I told her the Blackberry Passport people started to look and listen. I began to tell her some of the unique things it can do and she asked if it can replace her laptop? I told her pretty much yes. With usb on the go, being able to use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, editing PDF files, screen realistate, the hub, being able to share or save anything on the phone etc... She was like "how and where can I buy it"!!!!
    thymaster likes this.
    04-05-15 08:53 AM
    I went to the AT&T store last weekend to port my VZW number to the Passport. The rep who helped me was blown away by it and called the others over to see. One guy had seen it when I first took it in to get the sim and one gal said she'd seem and played with the ATT Passport. Of course they didn't have one in the store, nor the Classic. The VZW store down the street had the Classic.in demo mode. Nice, but not the one for me.
    04-05-15 03:18 PM
    Yesterday my brother called it a "Portable typewriter" his wife called it a "thing"

Expected that from her though, as she is the shallow type and I committed the sin of getting something new she didn't have first. Now she will never be able to like it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 04:25 PM
    I love that this thread is still going strong! The other day somebody asked me if BlackBerry was still making normal-sized phones as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 08:27 PM
    Former students from Thailand saw my pp and were like:
    what the hell is that thing?
    A BlackBerry? Is that supposed to be at the museum?
    You're a real BlackBerry fanatic!!!
    You're loyal to BlackBerry meaning you're loyal to a girl too (winking)...
    I didn't know BlackBerry make such phone!!!
    Oh, I'm in live with this phone!!! I'll get one soon.
    It's magical...
    Sad to know i can't buy one in Thailand

Former collegue said after we at the same time posted a photo on Facebook :
    Wow!!! That's lightning fast!!! You beat my Samsung tablet!!!

Meet with some older folks:
    What is that? I've never seen a phone like that.
    Wow, thats really beautiful!!! How much is that here in Philippines?

It really catches attention )) too bad it will be handed over to my wife since it belongs to her and just took it with me for business trip together with my z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 09:29 PM
    I let my 5-year old niece to play with my Passport... and the only comment I've heard from her is that 'why the keyboard is not arrange in alphabetical order'?...

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 11:39 PM
    I love that this thread is still going strong! The other day somebody asked me if BlackBerry was still making normal-sized phones as well.

Posted via CB10
    But Passport is normal sized phone.
    On topic, I don't get any reactions at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 01:23 AM
    most people that see mine ask, whats that! and have no idea BlackBerry is still making phones lol
    04-06-15 01:57 AM
    I am an attorney and use to take my PP for meetings with clients or colleagues. The reactions goes from "BlackBerry is still alive?" to "it's huge" or "you are the only person I know who still uses a PP". But then everyone one says "it must be a great device to work". Normally I let them play for a while and afterwards people say "is not that big and fits well on my hand". 2 clients visited me later to show they they new PP and tell how happy they are.

Needless to say all my workers use a BlackBerry Z3, Q5 or Q10. Some tried to argue that they prefer an iPhone or a Samy on contract renew but I just told them as long as BlackBerry exists and I am the managing partner of the firm your phone will always be a BlackBerry.

Last year my mobile operator tried to disused me to renew with BlackBerry with the same old arguments (not good devices, bankruptcy, no devices available and so on), so I told them that's fine I'll move to your competitor operator the 25 contracts I have. Needless to say they managed to renew with blackberry devices :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 02:07 AM
    this weekend:

A friend: "hmmmm what is this black thing on the table there...!?!"
    Me: "something special, want to have a look?!..."
    Friend: (taking it in his hand) "Oh my!.. is this a BlackBerry? (he knows I am BlackBerry team). Wow! that is a really, I mean really nice phone!! can I fiddle with it?!"
    me: "Sure!"

After some moments of silence,
    Friend:"This phone is really great! Wow! big keyboard and huge screen!! and it is a really really fast one as well!!". "This is not out in the market yet here right? It must be one of those 'special' phones?"
    Me:"Actually x company just announced it on their web you can buy it if you want it" but let me show you something -showing him the touch sensitive phkb-

Friend: That is a really, I mean really nice phone...!!!

I doubt he will get it because the price here is really high on carriers (600Euro off contract) but let me tell you, he really really loved the Passport. He is a windows phone user himself (upper range nokia)

Posted via CB10 on my beloved Passport
    04-06-15 02:45 AM
    Was in the gym the other day and this guy I know says "Is that a phone?" I say "Yea, it's the best smartphone I've ever used." He says "What brand is it?" I say, "It's the BlackBerry Passport."

He walks away and says "Oh cool, it looks weird."

I thought to myself, wow, he was that quick to disregard it because it's not a slab. Interesting how some people react to something that's different.
    04-06-15 02:49 AM
    Yesterday a friend in advertising saw my Passport and said "finally I can see one for real!" and went into explaining all the merits of a BlackBerry. Turns out he does PR for some android mobile phone brands and knew lots of stuff about OS10. Not even one bad comment about the phone or the company. :-)

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    04-06-15 03:00 AM
    Why is your phone so stylo (stylish) ?!... that was a recent compliment. More before, and some admiring glances from the sea of iphone and androids
    04-09-15 02:54 AM
    What kind of phone is that? I answer it's a passport by blackberry. He said for how much and then said blackberry craze is gone. Get an iphone.

I told him iphone is for losers who are happy to play games and download apps. Can't even email an attachment and battery blows in half day.

Then he agreed with me and I was happy to counter strike him

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    QNX4all likes this.
    04-11-15 02:39 PM
    When I first got my blackberry passport, my co-workers first reactions were like why?
    They didn't even bother to try it lol. Most of them have samsung androids lol
    04-11-15 02:41 PM
1,668 ... 4041424344 ...