11-24-16 06:25 PM
1,668 ... 3637383940 ...
    Too many pages to go through, but the majority of the reactions usually follow the pattern of, "what is that?" or "what kind of phone is that!?" and then I respond with the obvious, and everyone and I mean every single person said, "I used to love my BlackBerry! I miss it!" and then either, "I thought they went out of business?" or "I didn't know they still made phones!?" and then they say, "oh wow that's big!?" I then correct them and say, it's actually not much larger than the iPhone 6+ or its about the same size as your Samsung [insert device name here]." And then as I show them a physical comparison with the device they have in hand, I say, "maybe you should go back!?"

Most usually gripe about their phones, what they don't like, and stuff like that. And then I show them the pros of my BlackBerry vs. the cons they just mentioned. Then if there's more small talk, I tell them how I've never had any of the iPhones. That I started with a Windows Pocket PC device ( that's before they we dubbed smartphones). How my first BlackBerry was the original Bold 9000 and that I had no reason to leave because it's always worked for me, doing what I've needed it to do.

And I always tell them, "in the end, it's really about what you need it for and if it does it for you."

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    02-22-15 10:38 PM
    Heard new one today. While my passport was kept on desk, a guy who came to meet me was quiet puzzled and asked me "what kind of device is that? Is it a computer or something else". When I showed him it's a phone, he was very amazed

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    thymaster likes this.
    03-04-15 12:46 PM
    People always want to know what my phone is. The Passport is the kind of phone that just attracts attention. More so than my iphone 6 plus.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 01:46 PM
    I'm getting more and more people ask me "how do you like the new BlackBerry".
    thymaster likes this.
    03-04-15 04:17 PM
    Nothing but positive reactions here. Not that anyone is necessarily going to trade in their current phones after seeing my new Passport, but I've definitely had a few good conversations while showing off the phone's features.
    thymaster likes this.
    03-04-15 05:35 PM
    ''what the hell is this phone !? This is so big ! Does it fit in your pocket''

That's what most people says to me

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:36 PM
    How people have reacted? I am getting constantly mocked by my colleagues, it's really big but also it crashes, the camera is slow and takes blurry images, and still requires a reboot every once in a while.

So really it's mockery with a lot of people having iPhones and Samsungs S5 around me and me, being unable to say 'but it's a great phone'
    You should run the latest autoloader ( and it will fix all your bugs. Don't forget it's going to erase all your data. If you are about to backup and thinking to restore your backup later then you're better not wiping it at all. If you really need to baclup something, just copy/paste to your computer the specific data, but avoid backup

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:41 PM
    Coworkers are having a rough time because the iPhone 6 was taken off our corporate phone ordering site. Someone brought up ordering a passport and someone stated is was too clunky and awkward. I decided not to join in this conversation this time. My coworker who left blackberry to come to my work wanted a z30 and they were sold out. I let him try my phone, he liked it but wasn't too sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:36 PM
    Lot of people are asking about it, two have gone and got one, one Provider store can't wait to get them in and one Facility Manager is pissed he doesn't have one yet...lol
    03-04-15 06:43 PM
    I get, 'What kind of phone is that?' and 'Who made that?' with amzemant/disbelief when I say BlackBerry... I couldn't care less, it's MiNe!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:17 PM
    "Where is your giant phone?" comment from my 5 yrs. old son.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    currentodysseys and xBURK like this.
    03-04-15 09:17 PM
    my cousin the other day: "what is this... is it a tablet, a PC or what?...oh it is a phone... cool! may I? (takes it in his hands): It is a blackberry!! wow! (pauses and adds with a positive tone): You will never "leave" those BlackBerry phones huh?...but this one sure looks like a "Mr phone" I like it!"

after years of seeing me with a BlackBerry, the passport was the first one he actually got curious about and that he liked at the end. To me, that says a lot (he is an android user)

Posted via CB10
    mighthor likes this.
    03-05-15 03:44 AM
    and another comment I got yesterday: "what a piece of a display this one! wow!"
    -wait till you see what it can do... want to see some keyboard magic too...? (I answered)

15 minutes later: "that phone is really something! nice one BlackBerry"

then our business meeting started

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 03:51 AM
    I was going down in lift yesterday with two women and one asked me what my phone was? A BlackBerry Passport I replied. She said that looks really cool. How long has it been available? I will have to check this out.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 04:54 AM
    Conversation with a friend at dinner :
    Oh you love your blackberry ...
    Yes, I do..
    You should move to android...
    Lol, I have no desire for android as blackberry works for me

Conversation with CMIO:
    Hey can you order me a new phone? This one is a piece of crap, shows cheap looking phone with cracked screen...
    Oh, this is what you need, jokingly...shows him the passport...
    BlackBerry! Nobody uses a blackberry, well except for the President....
    Crickets....blank stare, let me call IT and check on a new phone for you...

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    JMDBERRY and thymaster like this.
    03-05-15 09:51 AM
    Wow! Is that blackberry?
    Big one! - yes
    Can I see it? - sure
    Is it good? - very good
    No track pad? - the keyboard
    I use BlackBerry too! And he let me see his old BlackBerry mobile. -nice!

BlackBerry Passport
    christausky and thymaster like this.
    03-05-15 09:56 AM
    My friends were like er why you still paying so much for a BlackBerry?

All I answered was : you will never understand.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-05-15 10:06 AM
    At work a girl asked me the next day after she had seen the passport if she can take a video. Because she told her girls about that freaky thing. You can scroll the display by the keyboard. They asked if you touch the display. No ju scroll the keyboard an the display scrolls up and down. They didn't want to understand. So she had to take a video XD
    Most people were impressed by the square display. Because they can see so much. And some were impressed by the atFoliX FX-Antireflex foil. I applied this foil just in the moment I oped the Passport box. So I don't know what the actual display glass feels and looks like. But this foil is pretty great. Nice feel and businesslike antireflex finish
    03-05-15 11:50 AM
    "That phone is sick!"
    A positive comment from a mid-20's guy who uses the Samsung Note something.
    03-05-15 11:55 AM
    "That phone is sick!"
    A positive comment from a mid-20's guy who uses the Samsung Note something.
    A mid 20 Samsung note user said how's gaming? What games does blackberry offer? I said I don't care. This phone is a business phone. Serious business! Not a toy
    And right now his awesome USB 3.0 charging jack is broken, because he had to charge it non stop. He plays and plays games. Why doesn't he buy a Gameboy?
    JMDBERRY and thymaster like this.
    03-05-15 12:14 PM
    My boss took a pic of it with his Samsung (whatever-the-heck) and was like, "I gotta show people. Those things are nice."

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:44 PM
    "Is that a phone?" on the way to the office

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    03-05-15 02:50 PM
    I was visiting my sister in the hospital and showing her some pictures that I have on my PP. A nurse came in and said "what is that, can you talk on it, Its a phone?" she was impressed.
    She said she was going to get one.

A person I know who is smart phone savvy saw me using it and said " What is that, she told her mother Robert always has the newest devices." she is an iPhone user.

I use a Holistic Dr. he takes your phone or any thing that will emit RF energy, when he say my PP he said " What it that, do you talk on it? That has got to produce a lot of RF energy.." He was impressed..!
    03-05-15 04:54 PM
    With the new Massive Phone Fetish that's been going around lately, the passport attracts MANY people in public settings.
    thymaster likes this.
    03-05-15 07:55 PM
    T-mobile guy was really interested and so is everyone at my work

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:37 PM
1,668 ... 3637383940 ...