11-24-16 06:25 PM
1,668 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    One time I was at a convention showing my Passport to my fellow co-workers when a speaker from the states (US) asked if he could try it out.

"Is that a Passport?"
    "I really want to check it out because I don't know when will be the next time I will see one."

sluggo9670 likes this.
    12-03-14 06:36 PM
    I was kind of indifferent to how the Passport looks. But what I was not prepared for was how much attention it draws to itself and the kind of respect its receiving from the Apple and Android crowd. I'm from Canada and I know all to many whom were original BB users and have moved on to Apple and Android over the last few year. But when I pull out my Passport, start working on it and responding to work emails. I get comments like "Wow, that's a BB", to "Geez I really missed my BB" and that sort of thing. I personally know of several whom have preordered the Classic when I told them of its upcoming release. I also know many others whom have been seriously considering the Passport. In fact, the attention is now such that I've started to become pretty self conscious when I'm actually doing work on it because DANG this thing grabs attention like no other!

I checkout the Amazon reviews occasionally and I'm even more stunned at the 390+ reviews it got and 88% of them are 5's (I know some are BS reviews, but lots of repeat Amazon reviewers on board).

When I sit and think about it, I have no way of quantifying it. But it seems that the QWERTY keyboard market and previous BB crowd has been neglected for so long that they're ready to jump back ASAP, despite the cost of a new device. When I show them my Passport and explain to them how focused and targeted it is, was never meant to be a "everything for everyone" kind of a device, and was never meant to be a mass-marketed device, they really do get it. And really appreciate how different it is.

Many used to laugh at BlackBerry, but I get the feeling that's changing in a big way.

One phrase I've heard more than once in various guises "Their back and their BAD!"

Kudos BB.
    Nexus One>Samsung Galaxy SII>Nexus 4>BB Passport
    Last edited by ajwan; 12-04-14 at 01:33 PM.
    12-04-14 12:09 AM
    When I stopped by T-Mobile to activate my new Passport, all of the sales agents were amazed with the product. None had seen one before.

All day long customers are asking me "what is that?"

...and did I mention my Passport seems to be a lot snappier?
    thymaster likes this.
    12-04-14 12:22 AM
    I've gotten a couple "Is that a phone?" and "that's almost like a tablet"
    12-04-14 03:11 AM
    One of my co-worker said is that a calculator?

My boss said is that a portable TV?
    12-04-14 04:21 AM
    The connection between my Q10 and our 2014 Acura MDX is mediocre. The bluetooth is slow and it doesn't show all of the information when playing my music (sometimes it doesn't even show the song name). It's much better in our 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo though. It shows the song name (even the name of my playlist), voice control works well, and call quality is good. My Q10 even shows the Volkswagen logo when I'm connected to the car!

I'm not sure whether it's Acura's fault or BlackBerry's fault regarding the lackluster experience.

Acura has great apps for the iPhone to show information about your car (tire pressure, next maintenance appointment, etc.) and it's a shame that they haven't made the same apps for BlackBerry.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Mine is Passport + MDX 2015 and it doesn't have the problem you mentioned above. The blue tooth works really really well, the car shows the song name, the artist, the album, my phone 's battery, the cell signal strength, etc. The phone shows Acura logo on its lock screen along with a few other things. Voice control, assistant, even the audio of Android apps are integrated with the car. I am pretty happy about it. Maybe both the phone and the car are updated.

Acura do have two apps in Google Play, haven't tried it. You may get it through snap. BTW I am on the latest leak 1154.

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141204_063616.png

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    thymaster, ivo1969 and CarGuy1368 like this.
    12-04-14 07:38 AM
    "What is that? May I have a look? Where I can get one" This is typical scenery.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 08:36 AM
    The rep. At ATT store (needed nanoSIM),..'so what's different on passport from previous?'.i show her my Z10..thought that answered it. She said,"no, the other physical keyboard models"..umm what is the difference between iPhone 4 and 6?!..ugh. That was all. No interest. Even after I informed her Att will be getting the new phones.

Passport
    12-04-14 01:03 PM
    I finally got my hands on a PP today, here in the Netherlands where only 1 carrier is selling it.

At first, the sales rep really wasn't interested in the phone and asked why I was so interested in the PP.

So I showed of its key features, like the multitasking screen, the big display, the fact that it can run android apps and last but not least, the amazing keyboard.

His reaction was great. He literally got a smile on his face and said: "wow, that's awesome! Never knew that it could do all that!!" and he asked some other reps to check it out.

Really proud to be a blackberry user and ambassador!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and DawnMills like this.
    12-04-14 02:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141204_063616.png 
Views:	2767 
Size:	281.0 KB 
ID:	318626
    Aw, I'm wicked jelly! The standard Sync on my SHO does not have all of that. It was available as a dealer option which would have been bundled with a data subscription, though. I do at least have Destinations running, and Android devices can also take advantage of a Send To Car app that works with Google Services.

But I could really use the range that a data-enabled Remote app would provide.
    12-04-14 02:51 PM
    I had to take my mom to the hospital last week for some tests. While I was sitting in the waiting room I thought I can knock out a few emails. So I pulled out my Passport and started to work wide. After about 30 minutes of doing work on my Passport I looked up and noticed that about a 5 people where looking at me and trying to figure out what phone I was using and how fast I was typing on it. The best thing the 5 looking at me where all wall huggers and they had the phones charging.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    12-04-14 04:53 PM
    Posted this on my Channel yesterday.

So, I attended a PAN AM GAMES social meet and greet today and wanted to mention something I found positive in regards to BB10. Above is one of five meeting rooms. Out of a total of 75 tables, at least one BB10 device could be spotted on each and every one. Some actually contained 5. Unreal. Number one device: The Z30. It was definitely encouraging to witness so many BB10's in attendance.

Additional : While I was the only one I knew of with a Passport, the conversations that were meant for gaining contacts and winning bids, turned into Passport demo sessions. Never thought I'd see a day such as this.
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141203_124256.jpg

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    12-04-14 10:45 PM
    Some more updates during my trip so far in Chennai and Mumbai India. People here are generally more excited and more interested in BlackBerry than I had anticipated.

They not only asked but almost everyone who asked me already knew what it is. They mostly curious about the size and weight and how it feels in the hands. However, it seems like everyone I met had the same feeling that it is still fairly expensive at the moment.

I think I might have sold at least one though!

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    12-05-14 11:25 AM
    One time I was at a convention showing my Passport to my fellow co-workers when a speaker from the states (US) asked if he could try it out.

"Is that a Passport?"
    "I really want to check it out because I don't know when will be the next time I will see one."

Lol

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-05-14 12:47 PM
    I had to take my mom to the hospital last week for some tests. While I was sitting in the waiting room I thought I can knock out a few emails. So I pulled out my Passport and started to work wide. After about 30 minutes of doing work on my Passport I looked up and noticed that about a 5 people where looking at me and trying to figure out what phone I was using and how fast I was typing on it. The best thing the 5 looking at me where all wall huggers and they had the phones charging.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    Beautiful! Hope your mom is doing well!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-05-14 12:49 PM
    Two months in, I only got negative comments to be honest!
    I get told so many times why i'm still buying BlackBerry! And of course a lot of laughs for the size!!

I've stopped defending it, I just love it and if someone doesn't then it's his problem!

I still don't get why people hate the brand so much!

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-05-14 01:31 PM
    I was just in a store typing on my Passport and one of the workers asked what type of device it was. Had the audacity to ask if it was a Samsung. So he was surprised to see that it was a BlackBerry (don't think he saw the front at first). So i showed him the keyboard in action and he starts cursing and freaking out and calls another employee to see it in action. They were both really impressed and asking how much it costs.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-05-14 01:37 PM
    The number one comment/first reaction is get from everyone is: "wow, that's a massive phone!"

Then, tied for, "is that the new BlackBerry? "
    "How do you like it?"
    "What phone is that?"

And once: "is THAT a phone?"

Most people just stare...

Posted via CB 10
    12-05-14 08:04 PM
    Took the phone out at BabiesRUs to get price matching from their website. Cashier told me it was a cool phone, I let her use it to get the SKU number from the webpage. She said that she was impressed, and made a comment that it's been a long time since she's been impressed with a phone, and something like "You don't even hear people say they're impressed with phones anymore."

During the extended checkout process, she wanted to know where to get the phone, and kept saying it was impressive. I didn't hear the usual, "I didn't think BlackBerry was still around" statement, surprisingly.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    12-09-14 05:10 PM
    Wtf is that?

You look ridiculous.

Blackberry?

Are you talking to someone from 2004?
    12-09-14 05:19 PM
    Today delivering a package to a Verizon retailer. He saw me check my time on my phone. He said 'that passport is sick!' guess he knew what it was by looking at it lol. First time someone said something positive at random about it.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    devin266 likes this.
    12-09-14 05:25 PM
    More story to tell. As I visited airport lounge, I intentionally use my Passport to show my ID, etc rather than using hard copy boarding pass or frequent fleet card :-)

Anyhow, the reception desk lady at both London and Chicago Admiral club, to my surprise, know about BBPP. They said that they really like the device and love the commercial….(well unless I missed any TV commercial somewhere). Then I realize that they were just being polite with me :-) Anyhow, the fact that they knew the model name was a great sign!

Cheers
    12-09-14 05:31 PM
    What is that?

Is that a tablet?

They still make Blackberries?

It's big.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 05:35 PM
    'This is the new BlackBerry phone!?, this thing is huge! I mean it is...a square'

...an hour later

'Ok, when do you stop looking at this thing (it was on the table), I just cannot get over this phone'

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:21 PM
    Ask what it is, say it's too big, then actually play with it and fall in love with the keyboard being able to scroll and select like the touch pad on a laptop

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 03:22 PM
1,668 ... 2627282930 ...