11-24-16 06:25 PM
1,668 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Nothing but positive feedbacks here in Mexico so far. Too bad it's not available in any of the stores yet. Bet it'd sell like hot tacos. Even the wife loves it. She's an iPhone 5 user who never really liked my old Q10, but now she says she'd rather get a Passport than the new iPhone 6.

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    thymaster, xBURK, EsJayDee and 1 others like this.
    11-22-14 02:22 PM
    Kind of a mixed bag so far for me.

I took it into the Three Store to get my number switched to a Nano SIM, and the two staff were interested. Well, one knew what it was and was curious about seeing one in the flesh. I was mentioning the larger screen being useful for spreadsheets and websites for me and such, and the then the older chap of the two said, "so is it a phone as well". I looked slightly confused I presume, and said it was a phone like all others in terms of spec, but with a touch capable physical keyboard on top of the wider screen, with a massive battery to boot.
    He honestly just seemed to think it was weird I think. The younger lad there was more intrigued for sure.

My main 'equal phone nerd' friend is really interested to finally see it in person. He admits it won't be for him, but he has been praising BlackBerry for doing something different and pushing the envelope with its design.

My younger brother just said "It's too heavy". But he also barely knows how to turn wifi on and off on his own phone so his opinion is invalid.
    11-22-14 02:56 PM
    I am traveling a lot and I usually get one or two people raising questions about the phone. I even ended up doing a 15 minute demo on a flight from Paris to Duesseldorf. And as mentioned by others before, loads of people know that this is the new BlackBerry - but didn't have a chance to see it in action before.

Posted via CB10 using an awesome Passport
    11-22-14 03:25 PM
    Was just hanging backstage with the Canadian band Moist and after this pic was taken with my Passport, David Usher says "Dude, I need to see that phone"
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141122_164322.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:03 PM
    Walked into a liquor store and the girl behind the counter says "omg that's so cool how it has the big screen and a physical keyboard! It must be a blackberry lol" I guess the device exudes premium quality. Says a lot about the person who owns it and the fact that they appreciate it's craftsmanship. I shouldve asked her to put her number in it as she was examining it while ringing me up, she was kinda cute!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 04:49 PM

I took it into the Three Store to get my number switched to a Nano SIM, and the two staff were interested. Well, one knew what it was and was curious about seeing one in the flesh. I was mentioning the larger screen being useful for spreadsheets and websites for me and such, and the then the older chap of the two said, "so is it a phone as well". I looked slightly confused I presume, and said it was a phone like all others in terms of spec, but with a touch capable physical keyboard on top of the wider screen, with a massive battery to boot.
    He honestly just seemed to think it was weird I think. The younger lad there was more intrigued for sure.

My main 'equal phone nerd' friend is really interested to finally see it in person. He admits it won't be for him, but he has been praising BlackBerry for doing something different and pushing the envelope with its design.

My younger brother just said "It's too heavy". But he also barely knows how to turn wifi on and off on his own phone so his opinion is invalid.
    I can relate to your brother.
    One of my brothers who owns an iphone6 has no time for learning about my new Passport or let alone anything BlackBerry. It doesn't bother me that he loves his device, but it drives me nuts when he states no other company can come close to Apple. So, I was on the phone with him the other day when he was talking about an article he wanted me to read. I asked him to just share it now from his phone. He said he didn't know how to share??? Like your brother, I now realize his opinions are now invalid. At least one of my other brothers has a Passport

It's also important to note that my Apple loving brother is a medical professional. I say this because we need to realize that many who have a capable brain don't see things like we do on this site. That's what BlackBerry is up against out there. Brain washed customers that have no clue or desire to try new things. Tough sell I say.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-22-14 05:47 PM
    Went to get sushi with my girlfriend the other day and got a load of attention from the employees. Wasn't expecting that lol

Sent from my Passport
    11-22-14 06:07 PM
    Returning some items at a store and the receipt was on email so I pulled up the email and gave my phone to the rep.... first thing she asks is if BlackBerry still makes phones. She loved it! Another rep comes over telling me that he just cracked the screen on his z10. BlackBerry is still alive!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 06:13 PM

I see what you did there with numbers. Nice one, two, three.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    11-22-14 06:37 PM
    I'm not at as young an age as most here and I realize that much of the Blackberry faithful isn't either.

However, I'm really excited at the reactions to my Passport that have come from folks in their 20s.

I know for Blackberry to climb back into relevance it has to resonate with all ages and so far, some of the most enthusiastically positive reactions to my Passport has come from a much younger age group.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    11-22-14 06:42 PM

she: wao, that's a very nice phone
    she: wao, that's amazing, i like it, and you also can use the touch screen?
    She: wao
    The "wao" part cracks me up! LOL

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 09:09 PM
    Most people either react really positively or not at all. With my Z10 no one really could grasp that it was a 'new' BlackBerry. Oddly enough now the Passport gets better props as the new BlackBerry even though it is much closer to the older style than the Z10.

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport
    That's because with the Passport BlackBerry has evolved from its original roots, with the Z10 it was trying to imitate others success. BlackBerry's success underlies in developing and evolving on its roots and it's core functionalities that have always set them apart from the crowd.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed and EsJayDee like this.
    11-22-14 09:29 PM
    tbh there is always one thing i am still struggling with the passport and it's the space bar... it is too short, and i often press the letter b instead of space... i am even considering adding something at the top of the space bar to have a different texture and feel to it... but yes, it would be interesting to see this same phone with 4 rows kb... bigger space bar, physical shift button etc...
    I'd love to see an interview with the design team explaining why and what made them take the decision to terminate the forth row. Not only the practical explanation but how they had to work with the software team to adapt BB10 to the new setup of this phone and the workarounds they had to come up with to get it together.
    I am also on the forth row bandwagon. Hope to see it next year along with the full screen no lb version of the Passport...

Posted via CB10
    keepit dry likes this.
    11-22-14 09:41 PM
    Hahaha if you mean the lady saying it all the time, yes, it was funny, like her only way to express that she was impressed was saying "wao"... if you mean that I used "wao" instead of "wow" it's because I like the way it looks in spanish (wao) than in English (wow) hahaha...

The "wao" part cracks me up! LOL

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    11-22-14 09:57 PM
    Yes, it would be an easier transition to a bigger screen using an "standard" kb with 4 rows... however, I am sure these guys at the design team tested them out and see the advantages of the hybrid kb over the 4-rows kb... to me it just a little adjustment due to the small bar space and also, sometimes I press the letter z thinking is the shift key hahaha... I agree with you it would be an interesting article to see the thinking process behind the decision...

I'd love to see an interview with the design team explaining why and what made them take the decision to terminate the forth row. Not only the practical explanation but how they had to work with the software team to adapt BB10 to the new setup of this phone and the workarounds they had to come up with to get it together.
    I am also on the forth row bandwagon. Hope to see it next year along with the full screen no lb version of the Passport...

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 10:05 PM
    I honestly don't know what I did there . . . Am I missing something blatantly obvious?
    11-23-14 06:30 AM
    It will be awkward to claim fault with the design production team of experts from BlackBerry, I found Passport to be a great creation.
    We just need to adjust a bit with this new keyboard.
    If it has been 4 or 5 rows kb, the posts would have been consisting like! Lots of space been covered by rows, larger screen would have been a better idea!
    Enjoy your passport.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 08:19 AM
    Cousin: you're such a hipster. She was aware of the Passport, and was referring to the fact that I was purposefully not choosing the most mainstream phone. Maybe a good sign that BlackBerry will become popular again if people think it's kind of hip...ster. She was joking of course.

Apple Store clerk: Woah that's cool. What is that? Passport, eh? How do you like it. Yep, that's the receipt, let me scan it (from my screen). --I then proceed to show him the hub, active frames, and icons. Just how simple the whole UI really is. Also keyboard scrolling. He was initially shocked by it, had never heard of it.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 08:29 AM
    A close friend of mine: "Wow, what a display!!! Simply amazing! I should definitely buy one!" He's currently on a S5. He also loved the touch keyboard and when I explained him the hub, that I have never have to open an app to reply to any message I get, be it SMS, mail or LinkedIn or even twitter or facebook, he was blown away.
    I'm not sure, whether he will really get one as he is more of the type "as long as my phone does the things I need and works, I'm fine" (a very sane attitude imho). We'll see...

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    11-24-14 03:22 PM
    DMATEO posted: Best one I've gotten.... "bro wtf is that it looks like you can control the stock exchange from that thing!" Hahahaha

This one literally made me laugh out loud.

Posted via CB10
    LOL ME TOO - I bust out laughing at that comment!!!
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 11-24-14 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Because it drives me nucking futs when other people point out something without quoting it!
    mister2d likes this.
    11-24-14 06:15 PM
    a girl on the subway was amazed by the fact that it had a keyboard. And even more surprised that a teen was using a blackberry lol

Sent from my Passport
    11-24-14 07:02 PM
    At the checkout the cashier was flabbergasted - "What the Hell is that?". The people in the queue behind me all crowded round for a look. That on the first day I took it out! Never had a reaction like this to any consumer tech... This is my first Blackberry - I have used everything else - and I really like it. If Blackberry could get the Google Play Store on here it would be a slam dunk!
    11-24-14 09:37 PM
    A co worker that has seen my use of phones since the first note. He showed me his new iPhone 6 plus, I showed him the passport. His reply was that I am always a step ahead of him.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt, PonyCrazyKid and thedose like this.
    11-24-14 09:43 PM
    At the checkout the cashier was flabbergasted - "What the Hell is that?". The people in the queue behind me all crowded round for a look. That on the first day I took it out! Never had a reaction like this to any consumer tech... This is my first Blackberry - I have used everything else - and I really like it. If Blackberry could get the Google Play Store on here it would be a slam dunk!
    Well it isn't the whole store but sideloading Snap takes care of everything that I have needed so far.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 10:15 PM
    another reaction at the gym... since i have to use the phone for the bar code to access the facility, that's the only place where i hand my phone over... today, the lady there said: wao, that's a nice computer you have here, let me show it to everyone (and then she showed it to everyone at the front desk)... people locked at it, one person said: i like the big screen... then, another lady asked: what's it? i said: a new BB... she said: that's a great upgrade from the old ones... and when i showed her the tactile kb, one more: wao, that's very useful...
    11-24-14 11:19 PM
1,668 ... 2425262728 ...