11-24-16 06:25 PM
1,668 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Some love playing more than working. Such can't like BlackBerry because it gets things done.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 08:46 AM
    Ok, I never thought this would ever happen. As soon as I am in some restaurant or bar people ask me about my phone. And most astonishingly they even recognise the phone as the new blackberry. This is here in Germany where there is almost noone to use blackberry as a private phone.

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-28-14 06:18 PM
    Ja, das ist gut!!

Posted via CB10
    Tompire, Pravin1 and Evindzer like this.
    10-28-14 09:05 PM
    Some love playing more than working. Such can't like BlackBerry because it gets things done.

Posted via CB10
    That is usually the response I give to people.

"Why do you use a BlackBerry?" they say in a snide way
    "Because I actually work for a living"
    Or
    "Because I use my phone for work not play. I have an iPad if I decide I want to play games."

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:25 AM
    "Because I use my phone for work not play. I have an iPad if I decide I want to play games."
    Posted via CB10
    Although... I recently installed the game "2048" and it is seriously addictive. I'm not even sure why I installed it; I have almost no games on my Passport. I think it was featured or something. Played it once and thought, this is silly. Played it again and made a mental note to uninstall it. Played it one more time and...it puts the crack back in CrackBerry.

So much for tools not toys.
    vpblaze, Aahleksh and Evindzer like this.
    10-29-14 11:21 AM
    That is usually the response I give to people.

"Why do you use a BlackBerry?" they say in a snide way
    "Because I actually work for a living"
    Or

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't make sense to me. Since when is an Android or iPhone not for business and pleasure?
    10-29-14 11:23 AM
    Uhh what is that brick??? Lol

My long time iPhone fan brother loves it thoo hes glad something new came in the market

Posted via CB10
    Maybe we should call it a BrickBerry.

BB Proud
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-29-14 11:26 AM
    I loved the look on the faces of 2 of my friends who shifted recently to the iPhone when I showed them the passport..

They couldn't believe that BlackBerry brought out something as innovative as this.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:33 AM
    Doesn't make sense to me. Since when is an Android or iPhone not for business and pleasure?
    Or you could also say when is a blackberry not for business and pleasure? I stream and have plenty of games on my Passport.

I don't really like it when people portray blackberries as only for business. Instead you should show them it does both.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:35 AM
    Please let get back to those who have something to say about liking / experiences with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:52 AM
    It only applies to me because I do not like typing on glass.

And most of the comments originate from the lack of apps/games.

Plus most of the people that make those comments are using phones that are 3 years old.
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-29-14 12:31 PM
    Just got my Passport today, its 8 hours old out of which 4 went in updates and set ups,
    Apart from lots of wows and Maa Shaa Allah what I can say is, this beast very nicely fits in hand, though one handed operations is not possible, but the device is not as huge as are claimed to be, actually it is the first squared device so it may look huge, but after using it for a couple of hour I m feeling awkward with my Z30.
    The concept of this design will be followed untill BlackBerry comes with a round shaped mobile. I bet this design will be a trend setter.
    The Passport is cute with no glitches whatsoever. Since I have used Z10, Q10 and Z30, this one is far far far better and attractive than the rest,
    My best phone till date
    Helal

Helal khan
    Aahleksh and ahmedhanif911 like this.
    11-01-14 12:50 PM

Helal khan
    11-01-14 12:52 PM
    With positive comments. Definitely piques people's interest.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-01-14 01:49 PM
    Weird to say but in my case, I got none. No one asked me about it. Not trying to put a downer on all these great report for the other owners...but I barely got any comments or questions on it any then my best friend (who by the way is a die hard iPhone user) makes fun of me saying that he didn't know that the new Wu-Tang cd came out and I need to go shop for a pair of overalls if I expect to carry it around lol. A Hole.

I manage a restaurant, so while I was interacting with my guests, I came across two that carried Blackberries...one had a Q10 and the other, a Bold 9900. So I started a conversation with them about how cool it is to still see some BlackBerry users around. The one with the Q10 mentioned he only uses it for work and then whipped out a Galaxy 4 stating that's his device of choice. Then the Legacy user, said how much he loves his Bold and that he will never get rid of it. So with a grin on my face, I whipped out my Passport from my back pocket. They both looked at me in awe, then looked at each other and started laughing!!! They asked me what it was, how come they heard nothing about it and why haven't they seen any ads for it. Then the Legacy user took his menu and put it to his ear and asked me if this how I looked when I'm using it! We laughed and I handed it to him. He barely looked at it said it looks ok then said he will stick to his Bold after I told him about the features and the OS. That he will never leave the use of the trackpad that he currently has.

My last words to him before I told them to enjoy their meal was..."Just look in your Bold's browser and type Blackberry Classic".

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 06:03 PM
    Haha I was eating dinner at Carrabbas and the waitress walks up to take our drink order. Instead of taking our order I had to give her a breakdown of my phone. Her first words were "What's that neat looking Gadget?" When I showed her she says "Wow I didn't think Blackberry made phones anymore?" So I had to show her some features and she was really impressed.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-01-14 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mabey that would be a good BlackBerry slogan?

'BlackBerry, More Time to Play'

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Aahleksh and wyrdfool like this.
    11-02-14 03:14 AM
    Wow blackberry outdid themselves!

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and Evindzer like this.
    11-02-14 04:14 AM
    Nothing major,but.....while I was signing up at this new gym with my wife, and just going through all the Q&A with the guy behind the counter I had the PP in my one hand the whole time and noticed others were looking.

When it was time to fill out some paperwork, I put the PP on the counter ....
    The guy behind the counter was looking at it....and asked, "is that the new BlackBerry? ". I said yes of course, and was about to mention the name .... but he beat me to it. He knew the name and said it in a cautious way. I said yes, that right, it's amazing... he finished off by saying "BlackBerry is coming back".
    It was nice to hear.
    Niro Sri and Evindzer like this.
    11-02-14 07:06 AM
    I currently live in malaysia and people here in KL seem to just stare but not approach. I had a funny situation where a man was sitting on a bench in a shopping mall and he was looking at the BlackBerry Passport I had in my hand when I came walking in his general direction. As I passed him I couldn't help notice that he actually made a 180 degree turn on the bench to keep staring at the phone!
    BlackBerry is well represented here, but it looks like Samsung is the biggie.
    But like I said, they stare

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer and Alvin Loh like this.
    11-02-14 07:49 AM
    Time to join in the fun and make up my fantasy story of having the BlackBerry passport. :-D
    On my way traveling into the United States, I stopped at customs. The customs agent asked for my passport and I handed him my BlackBerry passport. He looked at me all weird and called security on me. Then, they took my BlackBerry passport and handcuffed me. Turns out, they thought the BlackBerry passport was a bomb and that I was a terrorist. Long story short, I was deported. Worst of all, I didn't get my Passport back.

Just a heads up, don't make the same mistake that I did and try to use your blackberry passport as a real passport!

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    11-02-14 08:12 PM
    They like the look of it.
    11-02-14 10:47 PM
    I live in a large US city and no one has given it a second look. When I had other phones I would leave them in my pocket when I sat down at a bar etc. but this thing gets uncomfortable. So it is out and able to be seen all the time with me and no one cares.

Coworkers haven't cared. Went to a party for Halloween and no one cared.

I even had to go into T-Mobile and no one there said a word about it... of all places you think they would say something.

So I won't call bull**** on the posts here but I do think some of these are just some weird way of justifying purchases to themselves.
    mrimperfect likes this.
    11-02-14 11:04 PM
    People around me know i'm a heavy supporter, so when i started carrying the Passport around i heard "is that a new Blackberry?" a lot, and then its "the screen is huge" , after that its all over as i start my sales pitch as always. So far i have sold one guy, and since he has picked it up he loves it.

I always demonstrate how you can see the whole web page or email without having to shift left and right, then i move to the touch sensitive keyboard. then well i go off on all the other cool features.

For me its Blackberry for life.
    11-02-14 11:12 PM
    I get it. Yes, I've had comments and responded, and I've had to give quick demos. But you're absolutely right: very often no one gives a damn. It's another phone in a world of mobile devices. And while we may love BlackBerry, others just see smartphones as means to an end and not really care much about the device. I've stood in line at Sbux, emailing away, and no one has said a thing. When I opened my MAKE app to pay, again, no comment. So, there's a balance of responses I guess.

I live in a large US city and no one has given it a second look. When I had other phones I would leave them in my pocket when I sat down at a bar etc. but this thing gets uncomfortable. So it is out and able to be seen all the time with me and no one cares.

Coworkers haven't cared. Went to a party for Halloween and no one cared.

I even had to go into T-Mobile and no one there said a word about it... of all places you think they would say something.

So I won't call bull**** on the posts here but I do think some of these are just some weird way of justifying purchases to themselves.
    11-03-14 12:57 AM
1,668 ... 1920212223 ...