11-24-16 06:25 PM
1,668 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    I was going to the store and the person thought it was the PlayBook lol...

Send from PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632
    Tompire and Evindzer like this.
    10-23-14 02:51 AM
    "That is the widest phone ive ever seen"
    "What is that?"
    "Its the same size as a passport right?" takes out his passport and compares the sizes.
    "Is that a phone?"

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-23-14 05:05 AM
    Attachment 308642

Posted via CB10
    Noooooooooo! I'm all for celebs getting the device out there in public view, just not her...

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Evindzer and chflower like this.
    10-23-14 05:07 AM
    Attachment 308642

Posted via CB10
    well. I reckoned she's not afraid of big devices...

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-23-14 05:14 AM
    Just got it tonight and my girlfriend is the only one who has seen it. Her initial impression was that the screen was huge! She also said that she doesn't want to send me dirty pictures because the screen is too big and people might see them. Oh well you take the wins with the losses.

Posted via CB10
    Three words for you:

Privacy
    Screen
    Protector

Oh, and make sure she isn't auto-syncing with iCloud...

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Last edited by PapiPabs; 10-23-14 at 06:24 PM.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-23-14 05:15 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    It's fake! Just me playing with my passport creating this during a boring lunch.. see even busy ceo types can multitask with the use of the BOSS Passport!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:15 AM
    It's fake! Just me playing with my passport creating this during a boring lunch.. see even busy ceo types can multitask with the use of the BOSS Passport!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    I figured it was fake. Just saying...no!

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-23-14 05:18 AM
    Attachment 308642

Posted via CB10
    oh is this real :P
    tough it was a photoshop
    10-23-14 05:29 AM
    My eleven year old son was amazed and said he has never seen such an awesome smartphone. I was kind of surprise by his reaction.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-23-14 05:39 AM
    You should tell her that's unacceptable.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    New BBM will come with snapcahtly feature of self-destructive messages Problem solved

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 05:49 AM
    Is it calculator???

...One of my girlfriends) ))

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-23-14 02:11 PM
    That's a good one. Ah, the stereotypes...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 04:27 PM
    Was at a friend's shop today and he was rambling on getting the iPhone 6 so I pulled out my passport and pretended to text someone. Then he jumped and said oh that's nice, is it a Note 4. I gave him the phone to see and he was surprised it was a Blackberry. He played around with it and he was impressed. All of a sudden in less then 5 minute he changes his mind and asked me if I could go buy him one too. I told him sorry it's sold out because it is the hottest selling phone right now and it's also hardest to obtain.

When I was going into a phone store to get a nano sim for my phone, the guys there eyes lit bright that they didn't bother charging me for the new sim card. I still gave one of the guys a $5 tip. While someone else beside me was doing a new phone activation was charge $25 for a sim card. I feel so exclusive with this phone right now that I keep thinking I'm a CEO of some big company everywhere I go.

My sister's reaction is WOW that is big. I giggled but she thinks it's a good looking phone.
    Last edited by thymaster; 10-23-14 at 05:10 PM.
    Aahleksh, Evindzer and D3C0D3R like this.
    10-23-14 04:54 PM
    Went through a Starbucks drive-thru today and when the girl scanned my barcode on the Starbucks app, she said "Wow! What is that? Is that a BlackBerry? Wow, that's so cool, is it new? Wow, it's so different!"

Yes, that's three "wows", count 'em.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD and Evindzer like this.
    10-25-14 03:46 PM
    "That's huge! I really like that"

"That's big! That's a really cool phone"

"How do you carry that, on your back?" (points for originality)

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Aahleksh and Evindzer like this.
    10-25-14 11:57 PM
    I spent a couple days with professional colleagues last week - mix of all cell phone users...all liked the phone, some more than others. One Samsung user took a few opportunities to pick it up, try it in his pocket, asked about features, keyboard etc...loved it - says I'm definitely looking at one of these when my contract comes up...

The most surprising reaction was from a woman from the office - she's a very dedicated Apple fan (Mac, iPad, iPhone)...she was quite intrigued with the PP..she was holding it, checking out the quality, keyboard, etc..she watched intently as I showed the group some basic features. We shared a couple emails today - last one she sends back says 'REALLY LIKED THAT PHONE! And that's hard to admit being a diehard Apple fan...'. I thought - yup - it is pretty darned awesome, isn't it?..

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh and Evindzer like this.
    10-26-14 02:29 PM
    So after 9 days with the Passport, I'm honestly thinking of hiding it when I'm in a hurry out in public. Even though I love giving a quick demo to one who asks, it's become trying if I'm in a rush. Just the other day, I ran into a shoppers drug mart and stood in a line of about 8 or so. After opening my banking app, the person in front of me noticed my device. From there, the interest grew from not only him, but everyone gathering in line behind me. Honest to God, after I checked out, it turned into a ten minute demo with four others in front of the store. All good feedback, all wanting to look into BlackBerry now. Seriously, I can't recall anything I've owned generate so much interest? There has not been a day without at least a few genuinely curious people wanting a closer look. The thing just advertises itself.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    10-26-14 04:19 PM
    I was at the bell store in Tillsonburg ontario today. Had them look to see if they did indeed install a nano sim, which they did. So I was happy. As I left the one bell member admitted that he had regret of not having a paaport: himself.

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-26-14 05:10 PM
    I was waiting to check out at a grocery store today and when I pulled out my Passport to scan the code for rewards point, a guy behind me caught sight of my phone and said:

"That's a nice looking phone!" (...and, yes, the way he said it an exclamation mark is needed)

Guy turn to his wife: "It's a nice phone!"

Takes a second more careful look, then said to his wife "It's a BlackBerry! "

His wife: "What kind of BlackBerry? "

Guy: " I don't know."

Wife: "Why don't you ask."

But the wife actually beat her husband to it and asked me first.

I said, in 007 style, "Passport, BlackBerry Passport."

Wife: "I never heard of a BlackBerry called a Passport."

Me: "Yeah, it just came out." (Technically came out in late Sept but minor detail

Guy to his wife: "How did she already have it?"

And that was the adventure my Passport had earlier today.

Maybe I should have warned him of current stock crisis.

Posted using my Passport
    10-27-14 07:12 PM
    recent reaction:
    "That's a Blackberry?! Cool!"

Passport... 4+ weeks and loving it more every day.
    10-27-14 07:49 PM
    my co-worker ask me for demonstration and really feel interesting. They prefer the Passport to the Iphone they have for work. One notice that the Z10 screen is the perfect size, but I explain him that I have the same feeling... before I get the passport. And now, the Passport screen size is more perfect than the Z10.
    When I bought the Z10, I don't get the same interest than now with the Passport. People think that Z10 is just another full touch phone, even if I explain that keyboard and hub are very useful. But with the Passport, they are thinking that Blackberry do the good job.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    10-27-14 08:03 PM
    Nobody even asks here when I'm in the store

Send from PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-28-14 02:41 AM
    all are admirers .. in one case my manager was bragging about the size but once he hold the phone his immediate response was: 'thats acceptable!'
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-28-14 02:44 AM
    Crazy first day for me! Activated it at the AT&T store today, and I had a few customer reps come over and look at it. They were really intrigued and impressed by it, and a bunch of customers were eyeing the Passport! I'm thinking that I'm one of the only people in my area with it, so it's something people haven't seen before in the flesh!

Had mostly good comments today. However, I did get a mixed reaction from one of my friends who loves tech like I do. He's a staunch Android supporter, but also a really good friend. I think he was really skeptical about the mere fact that it was a Blackberry and I don't think he approved. But I DO think that it was something he gave a good second look at. It just sucks that he has an intense bias that takes away from enjoying something like the Passport.
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-28-14 05:27 AM
    Well, that's his loss. (eye roll) If he sees how much you enjoy it and are productive over the coming months, maybe he'll change his tune.

BlackBerry does need to keep proving itself - and the more people are wildly enthusiastic about PP and Classic, the better?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 05:30 AM
1,668 ... 1819202122 ...