11-24-16 06:25 PM
1,668 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Ok... I guess it works if you log out and then back in again.

Posted via CB10
    And now it's not working again.

Apparently you have to log out and back in each time you open the app.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 05:07 PM
    Was waiting in line for 10 minutes at the movie theatre, and had no less than 8-10 ppl either ask me directly about it, or I overheard them mention it

Overheard....

"I think that guy has that new Blackberry, looks actually pretty cool"

"Wow look at that phone, it's massive, and he's paying with it"

...... I paid with the NFC on the phone and had my Scene card (points card) on the Cineplex app... used Passport for everything, and no wallet bulge to worry about.

Also, few ppl wanted to hold it and see the keyboard, showed a few quick gestures and the Hub and the 3 app stores they were really surprised to see the popular apps and all said they thought you couldn't get them on a BlackBerry.

Saw a great movie, Gone Girl, and had few more on way out of theatre ask me about it as I was messaging some buddies.

Always receives looks and comments whenever it's in my hands

Posted from my Passport!
    US?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-07-14 05:42 PM
    So I finally unboxed my Passport at lunch today (had it since yesterday morning). Brought it to a client meeting and the senior director was jealous because hers hasn't arrived yet. Other comments were- "that's a phone?" and "solid look and feel" and "it's so big."

Then got back to my office and the local BlackBerry basher came by and said, "I see you got your square thingy" and I said, "here, try it out" and his only comment was "these things are getting more and more like iPhone every day". SMH!!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-07-14 06:09 PM
    I had another reaction moment today. I'd been having problems with my university-issued laptop: seemingly endless boot times, freezes, etc. I suspected the obligatory backup drive was the cause, so I called IT to have a look. Usually I keep the Passport near the windows where the reception is good, as I described in a post earlier in this thread. It wouldn't have been noticed there, but because I just been out at lunch, I put it on my desk when I got back, right next to the laptop.

The guy from IT came in and the first thing he noticed was the Passport.

"That's the new BlackBerry!"

"Yes it is. Go ahead, have a look at it." I showed him how to swipe to wake it up.

"It's not as huge as people are saying. It's big but some people are saying it's too big to hold. That's crazy."

"Yes it is."

"It's really well made, isn't it? That screen just blows me away. I bet you can bring up the campus web site on that and actually use it."

"Yup. Most web sites work well."

I showed him the Hub and how to peek into it. He was very interested, but needed to get to work on my laptop. I had a browser open, which he closed and, as it happened, BlackBerry Blend was underneath. He was curious about it; wanted to know if this was the backup software. I explained what it was and how I could check all email accounts, BBM, and do text messages from the laptop. And the file manager. He was very impressed, especially by the file manager.

"Damn! That rocks! This is the best-kept secret in smartphones!"

"Yes it is."

And I was right. It was the backup drive that was causing problems on the laptop.

Edit: Posted from Philadelphia, USA.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 10-08-14 at 11:47 AM.
    10-07-14 06:35 PM
    Uhmmm, when you close the account of course it logs you out!

Posted via CB10
    No you don't! Ahah
    When he says "Close" he actually means "Close" in the top left, not "Log Out"

I've done it about 7 times now and have yet to log out since I got my Passport!

The functionality of the "Close" button is simply to close the Account screen and go back to the main app, there is not any log out functionality...

Hope that helps!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-07-14 07:08 PM
    IT support staff got excited to set mine up; never thought I'd see 3 guys in there 20s calling BlackBerry cool. IT managers were excited to see one; it was creepy and cool to see them drooling.

Co-workers either loved it or hated it, but I think it was jealousy. :-)

That is huge!
    Does it fit in your pocket / hand?
    Ridiculous!
    Wicked!
    Better get a case.
    Heavy.
    Square?
    What is that?

Posted from my secure Z30
    JGoodard and Evindzer like this.
    10-08-14 05:22 AM
    Signature is fixed :-)

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport :-)
    10-08-14 05:26 AM
    IT support staff got excited to set mine up; never thought I'd see 3 guys in there 20s calling BlackBerry cool. IT managers were excited to see one; it was creepy and cool to see them drooling.

Co-workers either loved it or hated it, but I think it was jealousy. :-)

That is huge!
    Does it fit in your pocket / hand?
    Ridiculous!
    Wicked!
    Better get a case.
    Heavy.
    Square?
    What is that?

Posted from my secure Z30
    Heavy. I do not find it any more heavy than my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:14 AM
    Okay guys...finally out and about with my Passport...on the elevator a few minutes ago in my office building - there are a couple ladies and guys there...I'm quietly checking email - the elevator stops at the 4th floor and no one makes a move...lady all of a sudden realizes it's her floor jumps out of the elevator saying 'sorry...I was enamored with your phone...didn't realize this was my floor!' . Love it. Other guys recognizes the PP and asks how I like it...my response - 'just an amazing phone'...keep sharing the love!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:30 AM
    great stories... may i suggest the posters to mention where are you at (country)?... i am wondering how different the reactions are depending on that...
    10-08-14 09:44 AM
    great stories... may i suggest the posters to mention where are you at (country)?... i am wondering how different the reactions are depending on that...
    lol

10-08-14 09:47 AM
    Okay guys...finally out and about with my Passport...on the elevator a few minutes ago in my office building - there are a couple ladies and guys there...I'm quietly checking email - the elevator stops at the 4th floor and no one makes a move...lady all of a sudden realizes it's her floor jumps out of the elevator saying 'sorry...I was enamored with your phone...didn't realize this was my floor!' . Love it. Other guys recognizes the PP and asks how I like it...my response - 'just an amazing phone'...keep sharing the love!

Posted via CB10
    US?

10-08-14 09:47 AM
    Canada

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-08-14 09:51 AM
    Canada

Posted via CB10
    No surprise.

10-08-14 03:43 PM
    I was in the lift on my Passport checking some messages and this girl walks in and realises what it is and she's like "OMG! Is that the BlackBerry Passport!? Please say it's the BlackBerry Passport please please " so I'm like yeah and then she goes on crazy mode and asks a ton of questions about. She was unbelievably enthusiastic! It's like as if the Passport was Justin Bieber and she was one of his crazy obsessed fans! BEST reaction I've had to my Passport so far. She asked for the price, where I bought it and was actually surprised that it was cheaper than the iPhone 6. I'm pretty sure that by the end of the week she will have one.

Posted via CB10
    I think she wanted your phone number

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-08-14 04:58 PM
    'does that even fit in your pocket?'

Posted via CB10
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    10-08-14 06:23 PM
    Another reaction tonight. I was in a Landmark restaurant in Philly. The waitress came over to take the drink order. The Passport was on the table. The waitress stopped in her tracks.

"Oh. My. God. That is so hot!" Yes, she was looking at the phone. I showed her how it works and what it was. Her only comment, "I have to have one."

I realize that people say these things and it doesn't mean they intend to buy a Passport. But it does mean that this device is turning heads. That's something a BlackBerry hasn't done in a while.

They did something right with this one.
    10-08-14 07:36 PM
    what is it?
    10-08-14 08:05 PM
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141004_200628.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Zed10 likes this.
    10-08-14 08:53 PM
    Another reaction tonight. I was in a Landmark restaurant in Philly. The waitress came over to take the drink order. The Passport was on the table. The waitress stopped in her tracks.

"Oh. My. God. That is so hot!" Yes, she was looking at the phone. I showed her how it works and what it was. Her only comment, "I have to have one."

I realize that people say these things and it doesn't mean they intend to buy a Passport. But it does mean that this device is turning heads. That's something a BlackBerry hasn't done in a while.

They did something right with this one.
    That's really funny. I'm loving these reactions. Keep them coming!
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-08-14 09:49 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Lol!!! Everyone who sees the passport is just in awe...

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

Via Shop Blackberry
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-09-14 07:07 AM
    I have found people look in awe of the BP when I have been using it in meetings and in particularly a recent high profile meeting. Although one person (female) did comment on saying it reminded her of a casio calculator which I found funny, so I said this was a calculator on steroids!

The main reaction I have found is when people have been curious and I have said here have a look for yourself and some people are too frightened to hold it as they really are wowed by it and others love it when they feel it in their hand.

A few days ago I was in a PC retail store and was talking to one of the sales guys who was showing me his new iPhone 6 (standard) and then I showed him my BP and it was a no brainer he was genuinely blown away, and so was I as when you looked at them both the BP just looks a million bucks so much better in real life when side by side. He also said how ugly the back of his iPhone was and I had to agree those lines look cheap and tacky.

Most of comments I have found are from people who have only seen pictures online has been more or less that it looks smaller in real life and really smart.

Work & personal relates, I now found myself using BBlend all the time, I seem to be now using my BP for docs and emailing and the call and signal quality is out of this world.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:30 AM
    Still learning something new everyday! Thanks...though doesn't work on passport, I'll let my wife know for her z30

Posted via CB10
    Apparently using the soft keyboard this works!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-09-14 07:48 AM
    I was on the bus last night and a cute Indian girl said 'excuse me, what BlackBerry is that?' apparently the passport is not only an awesome phone, it's also a chick magnet

Posted via CB10
    vptsff, Thunderbuck and Evindzer like this.
    10-09-14 08:00 AM
    My 1st day in the office with my passport today (normally work from home). 4 people have come over to have a look and all impressed (I know them too well for them just to be polite). One definitely buying 'Bored of i-phones'.

Posted via CB10
    vptsff and Lehomer like this.
    10-09-14 08:26 AM
1,668 ... 1213141516 ...