This latest encounter was the best, kind of. Got arrested, as the officer is emptying my pockets he pulls out my passport and as he is about to lay it on the table, he looks at me and says, wow this is nice, what is it. I tell him it's my phone. A guy patting down another individual stops in his tracks and runs over. He says, is that a Blackberry, thought they went out of business. Everyone thinks that, I responded. The guy manning the cameras left his post to take a look, all three standing there and staring.

Long story short, about 48 hours later, I'm released and go to get my things, my Passport, still on, although it did go into battery saving mode. Which, lasted another 45 minutes for the ride home.

Thought that was kinda cool.
    ominaxe likes this.
    05-06-16 09:44 PM
    Even John Chen thinks BlackBerry went out of business! He's sitting in San Jose and has no idea they are still selling BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 04:33 AM
    Some people say oh wow.
    Friends who know me well smile indulgently.
    A few make faces such as "poor thing - the darn deadlines have pushed her over the edge!"
    Most of them are app fans - which I am not...
    They all agree it's awesome.
    The key is that passport isn't for everybody!

Posted via CB10
    Only for the 'elite' in society who can appreciate them, not the riff raff who are thankful for small mercies - ordinary Apple iPhones and Androids
    05-07-16 11:38 AM
    :::beams:::
    Elite....
    Hi Ho Silver!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 04:40 PM
    Couple more days and I will have my passport SE in my hands!!! Customer service is great, I like the all blackberry ecosystem!!! Keep go on!!!
    05-07-16 10:11 PM
    One friend made a face at the size.

Another friend thought my SE is elegant and that the display is better than his iPhones 6+. Then he understood that many apps are not available, and some android apps might not install. That's when he smiled but probably thought "this is nuts".

Me? What I need works, my take on what I want but doesn't work (like a local taxi app): want my business? This is 2016, make an effort to be available, if not with an app at least through the web browser: their problem, not mine.
    05-07-16 10:18 PM
    I would also add hold shift key + delete key to delete words to the right

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    This is something I cannot do without

Sometimes people say the Passport is huge. I tell them it's not that tall, just wide and awkward. People aren't conditioned to understand the shape of it.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 07:19 AM
    This latest encounter was the best, kind of. Got arrested, as the officer is emptying my pockets he pulls out my passport and as he is about to lay it on the table, he looks at me and says, wow this is nice, what is it. I tell him it's my phone. A guy patting down another individual stops in his tracks and runs over. He says, is that a Blackberry, thought they went out of business. Everyone thinks that, I responded. The guy manning the cameras left his post to take a look, all three standing there and staring.

Long story short, about 48 hours later, I'm released and go to get my things, my Passport, still on, although it did go into battery saving mode. Which, lasted another 45 minutes for the ride home.

Thought that was kinda cool.
    This is a classic

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-16 08:02 AM
    I still get people in awe of the device even 2+years later... continuously impressed they are. Then again it always manages to keep impressing me now. Very tempted to get another one for when I eventually wear this one out

on the road with my BlackBerry
    05-10-16 06:03 PM
    I still get people in awe of the device even 2+years later... continuously impressed they are. Then again it always manages to keep impressing me now. Very tempted to get another one for when I eventually wear this one out

on the road with my BlackBerry
    Passport was released in September 2014. So while it might seem like 2+ years...you've got a few months left to go.
    05-10-16 06:24 PM
    I work with 200 engineers at a mobile operator. I was getting many reactions. Mostly confused people. So I decided to make them even more confused by doing this:

Attachment 371935

I wait for my own PP SE in the next days. Please send me this picture to use it as a home screen (I'm still laughing....)

Jajaja. I am so evil.

CB10 on BlackBerry  Passport 10.3.2
    j_the_p and The_Passporter like this.
    05-17-16 09:23 AM
    How times have changed. When I was younger, it was a badge of shame to have been caught having sex, using drugs, committing a criminal offence - or even being arrested without being charged with anything (there's no smoke without fire). Now, the ultimate badge of shame seems to be having a handset that not enough people fawn over.
    05-17-16 09:51 AM
    I was in a wedding this past weekend with a few friends and a few people I haven't met before. My BlackBerry Passport was the brunt of every joke. From "Do you have to find the home keys when typing on that thing?", to "How do you convert the 0.2 megapixel image so others can see the pictures you took?" Suffice to say, it was BlackBerry bullying at its finest - all in good fun of course. And yet, I was a groomsmen and I took pictures and videos all weekend long and then made a story for the bride and groom with BB's "StoryMaker" app and posted it to Facebook (yes, still possible) and everyone commented how beautiful the pictures and video was and that it even brought them to tears. Suffice to say, the Passport is a brilliant device, despite how others receive it and I couldn't be more happy to have it.
    DudeManBud Man, dbom and ots1960 like this.
    05-17-16 10:42 AM
    "Your phone is fat"
    -2nd grader
    PonyCrazyKid and Thu Vu like this.
    05-18-16 05:01 AM
    After a while, I saw TWO ladies (in same venue) rocking Passport OG.

When asked about their experience with it, both said exactly same thing : they love it.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 02:27 PM
    A Girl told me yesterday, "wow what an amazing phone that you have, and it's big ;P"

So we started our conversation

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-20-16 03:48 AM
    All my friends make fun of it and call it a TV , even the salesperson in the store laughed when I came to I bought it. Then there was some good reaction such as "can i hold it" "wow great look" and ask me about a review if they decide to buy it
    05-20-16 06:18 AM
    For me everyone feels funny that BlackBerry still exists in the market....but after they took a look with my Passport SE...they seem impress...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 08:08 AM
    I meet some of my friends yesterday. And they saw my BlackBerry the first time. They told me

"No wonder your always so fast in replying on our messages. With this Keyboard. "

Then they told me as soon they put down there phone after sending me the text or message I already replied haha.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-20-16 07:44 PM
    I miss my passport unfortunately I went back to Apple, there are apps I can't live without, Transflo, smart truck pro, pdf expert, etc
    07-24-16 10:25 AM
    I miss my passport unfortunately I went back to Apple, there are apps I can't live without, Transflo, smart truck pro, pdf expert, etc
    This is exactly my situation. I needed Facebook messages and to be notified when they come in. I do a lot of music bookings, and sometimes it's really short notice. Needed those messages coming into the hub.
    07-24-16 11:27 AM
    This is exactly my situation. I needed Facebook messages and to be notified when they come in. I do a lot of music bookings, and sometimes it's really short notice. Needed those messages coming into the hub.
    There was notice that FB would no longer support Blackberry, I had the Priv for a week and it was all I could take, their BBM wasn't up to BB10 standards, you couldn't video chat.. I went back to my passport and I found that it wasn't as simple to stay connected via the apps aforementioned, tried snap but Google maps didn't work right and kept giving me errors .. I understand that many say that it's not a toy it's a business phone and unfortunately I'm in the trucking business so I felt it would aptly fill my needs.. Not going to lie though I miss the hub and being able to drag files from my home computer from 1000+ miles away .. But in the end these apps make my life easier.. Ugh!
    07-24-16 12:03 PM
    It's wide, awkward and sexy... the girls just love it!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 12:26 PM
    Okay so this is going to be a long one.

I got my Passport 3 weeks ago and here are the reactions I got from my family-

Mom- wow that phone is beautiful, so classy!

Sister(prev. owner of the Curve, now using Iphone6)- What?! Another blackberry?! Why?!
    Then she holds it and starts typing and is like- wow, I miss blackberry and then takes a photo of my phone to send to her friends (all iphone users)

Dad (always dissappointed in me for buying blackberries and nothing else. All because of what he used to hear about Blackberry from android and iphone users) - hmm...well son...that is a really nice phone! (Yay!)

My cousin purchased a galaxy S7 edge a week before my passport arrived. Always going around showing people the camera and edge features.

Now when I show people my Passport they get really impressed and start asking about it, and he's sitting back there throwing jealous glances and comes running up with his phone to show what it can do but they merely glance and are back to asking about my Passport! Haha! I just Love it!

Another cousin- wow, i'll give it a 10/10 for design!
    His brother- this phone is kinda cute and I said to him you just might be the first person ever to call this phone 'Cute' lol

Out for dinner the next night and I put the passport on the table and I could see the waiters gather round and eye my device and discuss it. Many curious glances from other tables as well.

A friend of mine who knows I love BlackBerry and have been dying to get the passport since when it first came out, came over to my place to see my phone and he held it up to his face and starts rubbing the soft back on his cheek. I guess he was really happy for me lol. He then said- dude, wow...this is the perfect phone for your business needs. Looks real professional.

So this has been my experience so far and I have been loving it!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by juvenilejt; 07-24-16 at 10:23 PM.
    07-24-16 02:41 PM
    If I am going to build a house with that brick. Or why did I buy a pocket TV, or Wou it's so huge!

Posted via my amazing Passport running 10.3.2.something
    juanjo322 likes this.
    07-24-16 06:18 PM
1,668 ... 6364656667