today someone asked to try it and said it was amazing,

they especially loved the keyboard, I think they're hooked now lol
    04-11-15 07:24 PM
    I was at a clinic last week and a couple of ladies were comparing their Samsung phones, one had the Galaxy S5 and the other had the Note 4. They were talking about big phones and I got out my Passport. The one with the Note 4 got very excited about it and said she was a big BlackBerry fan and loved the Torch so much she got two. She was going to check out the Passport online - I told her none of the local AT&T stores have them.
    04-11-15 11:04 PM
    So I think that I'm the only one in town with a Passport. I've heard, "What's that?" "What do you mean that's a BlackBerry?" "You talk on that?"

I went into a restaurant one day and put the phone down on the counter. The guy that was helping me was enamored with my Passport that he tells his coworker, "Dude, look at her phone." Then he stopped me before I left to ask me if Sprint had it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 05:38 PM
    People love the way this phone looks, and even a T-Mobile USA Rep. Ordered one from Shopblackberry.com me personally, I enjoy pounding out documents on the go with my Passport to Perfection! Viewing media is great and the speakers are decent, I expected better than the Z30 but compared to other phones they are excellent. This phone actually remind me of the concept phone BlackBerry TK or something if I remember correctly, well the AT&T version.

Working Wide with my Passport to Perfection
    04-16-15 08:23 PM
    Mostly "is that a BlackBerry? I thought they died! They are still around? What is that thing?"
    04-16-15 08:33 PM
    Today at Walmart, salesguy from the phone kiosk is peering over my shoulder as I BBM my sister "Oh my god! Is that the BlackBerry Passport?" I confirm "Oh wow. How do you like it? I played with the demo but didn't like the way the black one looked. That white looks so nice!"

Which makes me wonder if they'd sell better if the carrier could sell models other than black on contract.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 10:12 PM
    I always had this WOW comment from people when they see me put it down on a table. It's really wonderful from that view. I just laugh and tell them a bit about it. I love this phone!

Black Passport via CB10
    04-17-15 01:45 AM
    Another reaction story: Last night I was at a meeting of parents of older children on the autism spectrum. As usual, people had their phones out on the table. I don't usually do this, by the way; I usually keep the phone in my pocket. But it seems to be normal these days for people in restaurants, at meetings, etc., to put their phones on the table in front of them. For no particular reason, last night I put my Passport out there too.

ANYWAY, people started talking about their phones. They were almost all iPhones, and they were talking about them because a number of them had new ones. It was interesting to me that they had all bought new iPhone 5s when the 6 came out, taking advantage of the price drop (they said) and trade-in value of their iPhone 4s. One had gone from 5c to 5s.

I didn't really say much of anything. I was busy looking up something having to do with the actual business of the meeting. The person next to me asked, "That's the BlackBerry...tablet?"

"Passport." I handed it to her to have a look.

"Very nice. This screen is incredible. It's like having an iPad in your pocket! OMG that keyboard! I love that!"

She handed it back to me and asked one more question. "Can you use that to make phone calls?"

"Um, yes. It's a phone, in fact." To prove it, I brought up the phone screen. At this point, everybody wanted to see it.

Obviously, these people buying last year's iPhones at discount aren't tuned into the latest tech. Still, I thought it was interesting that their first reaction was that the Passport was some kind of mini-tablet; they didn't initially see it as a phone at all.
    If I didn't know any better I would of thought that the Passport was a tablet as well. I really think Blackberry is relying on word of mouth to promote it's self. In a market where everything is all touch screens, I really don't care about the next big thing. But something different is always a great thing.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-17-15 04:35 AM
    In the three months that I've owned my Passport only one person has taken notice. I was at my desk, Passport in my holster, when a co-worker walked up to me, noticed my phone, and asked what kind of phone is that. I told him it is the new Blackberry Passport. I took out of the holster, showed it to him. He just said "hmmm" and that was it. No interest what so ever.
    I guess I'm just not surrounded by phone obsessed people.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    04-17-15 05:17 AM
    Had a receptionist at the London school of Pharmacy, pulling my passport out of my hands to show it to his boss.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zmain; 04-17-15 at 10:42 AM.
    m3mb3rsh1p and thymaster like this.
    04-17-15 05:44 AM
    Random person, "What is that? Is that a phone?!" This was a positive remark, she was impressed by it.
    Acquaintance, "What is that? It has a keyboard." "Nice, I hate my touch-screen keyboard."
    04-17-15 08:11 AM
    Last week I went to the local VW car dealer to look for a new car for the woman. When the salesman and I discussed the options on the car i put my passport on his desk. Immediately he grabs the phone, ask me the ears of my head, play with the phone for an half hour. He totally forgot that he was busy to sale a car LOL. He was a previous BlackBerry user that switched to iPhone. But now that he saw the passport in real life he thinks to come back to the dark site.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 09:07 AM
    People say it looks cool. Many say they miss having the key board. Small portion of people playfully laugh at the size.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:34 PM
    My wife keeps saying it is too big, and she says the Passport is big too...
    04-18-15 03:25 PM
    My wife keeps saying it is too big, and she says the Passport is big too...
    You need to remind her that it hurts your feelings when she talks about your nose like that. It's your parents' fault, not yours.
    04-18-15 03:30 PM
    "Your phone looks like a computer. " I guess in a way the BlackBerry Passport does look like a small computer. I take it as a compliment.

Best phone ever.
    kekos likes this.
    04-18-15 03:41 PM
    First people as What phone is that? A "BlackBerry"
    Why? They asked. "Because I'm always a BlackBerry kinda guy, only stuck with iOS/Android because previous OS do not have much apps enough"
    Now? They asked. "It runs Android apps... *showing off my list of Droid apps working fine*"
    Why a BB where you can get cheap Android phone, this isn't year 1990/2000? *show off my SMOOTH OS and gesture control + battery @ Device monitor

*DROPS JAW* Grab my phone and explore it~

I will always add "INNOVATION" at the last line of my description.
    04-18-15 08:40 PM
    I've had my Passport for about two months now and I've had different responses from people when they see it. When I first brought my Passport to work, there were some co-workers who couldn't believe the size and shape of the Passport (Samsung and IPhone users) with one co-worker joking around putting a shoe box up to his head acting like he was talking on it referring to the size of the Passport. Another co-worker wanted to hold it and was surprised at the weight of the Passport. To those co-workers who were making jokes about my Passport, I simply told them they had an inferiority with superiority. There were two co-workers who were genuinely interested in the Passport (they were BlackBerry users in the past) and were amazed at BlackBerry's progress within the smart phone market and really impressed with the capabilities of the Passport when I showed them some of the things that can be done. Those two (one a Windows phone user and the other an IPhone user) may go back to BlackBerry after checking my Passport out.

I took my Passport with me when I went to the Barber Shop and when I pulled it out to show the Barber pictures on it showing the style of haircut I wanted, she (yes a female Barber) said "whoa, what kind of phone is that? I'm looking to switch phones". She currently uses a Samsung Note 2. I showed her all the things the Passport can do and she was amazed. She was asking me where she could get one off-contract and I told her about ShopBlackBerry.com and Amazon.com. She said she really liked the style and shape of the Passport and was going to get one.

PӨƧƬΣD VIΛ ᄃB10 ӨП MY Λ-Щ-Σ-Ƨ-Ө-M-Σ BᄂΛᄃKBΣЯЯY PΛƧƧPӨЯƬ
    kekos likes this.
    04-20-15 12:09 AM
    I experienced the same type of excitement when I had to get a new SIM from a local AT&T store here in CT. The person behind the counter could not put the PP down. But as he was complimenting the phone, I asked him why he didn't have any BlackBerry displays. He stated that he was under the impression that BlackBerry was out of the phone business. Same reaction I get from other retailers. BlackBerry needs to begin to advertise it's presence or retailers will keep steering customers to android or iPhone. It's a shame that BlackBerry has not advertised phones at all. After using the z10 and z30, I like the PP the best.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 02:29 PM
    This evening I was sat in the park using my Passport to catch up with my social media when I heard a young woman say 'You can't just rob someone's phone!' and when I looked up a young man was stood over me and he said 'Errr, It's only a ****ing BlackBerry anyway, I don't want it'...

If only you knew, mate, if only you knew.
    04-21-15 04:04 PM
    I've been getting a lot of questions about the passport lately, mostly all positive interest now. I went to a party last weekend where so many people were interested and I was asked to do a demo for about 7 people crowded around, they were actually cheering afterwards. I don't know if it was the drinks or what, but it was pretty hilarious, especially when I sobered up and thought about it the next day, LOL

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    04-21-15 06:40 PM
    this was a pretty cool encounter today.

i was waiting in line for coffee at work today - took out my black passport, checked a few things, and put it away. a guy behind me says "excuse me" - i turned around and he asks "what phone was that that you were just using?"

took the passport out and his friend and he were all over it. handed it to them after unlocking it to let them play with it. one guy was poking at it while the other asked me questions - about how i liked it, whats good about it, where i got it. i took the passport back and opened up facebook messenger to show them how i was able to scroll though the conversations using the touch sensitive keyboard.

they thought that was cool, but then one of them says "i didn't know we had an app for blackberry." (i work at facebook). i said "we don't, this is the android app."

they were surprised that it ran android apps, they had no idea! i showed them how it ran smoothly, and how it was integrated into bbos (even showed them how fb messenger showed up in the share dialog from bbos native apps).

while one of the guys was asking me about that, i told him it isn't perfect as google play services aren't quite fully supported, and push notifications on some android apps don't work. but the other guy had his iphone out and was furiously looking things up - his friend asks him "are you going to order one?"

his answer cracked me up: "i'm ordering one right now!!"

i went in buying this passport thinking i was one of the few still interested in a physical keyboard that wasn't scared off by the weird square proportions. but everyone who has seen this is SO interested in it - not always willing to buy for themselves (like this guy today), but it shows me that people are tired of the same old rectangular touch slabs, and are ready for something new. glad I am not the only one that found the passport so refreshing.

fwiw, i had an iphone 6 and felt pretty underwhelmed - it was just more of the same. went to this passport, then got an htc one m9 - a week later, here I am back on the passport! haha!

there is truly something magical about this device that just can't be quantified or put on paper. dare i say, this thing has a soul/character about it that most phones today lack!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:15 PM
    while one of the guys was asking me about that, i told him it isn't perfect as google play services aren't quite fully supported, and push notifications on some android apps don't work. but the other guy had his iphone out and was furiously looking things up - his friend asks him "are you going to order one?"

his answer cracked me up: "i'm ordering one right now!!"!

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome.

All I got this week was mild interest over the screen and then a coworker called it a fax machine.

Was at a birthday party and an iPhone user was interested in it, but the birthday boy cut him off before he could ask me any questions to try to sell him on a Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    04-24-15 07:41 PM
    About three weeks having a passport, I haven't got much time nor the opportunity to show off. But about a week ago I took my family went to Dunia Fantasi, sort of a Disney Land in Indonesia, I was originally objected since I was drowned in work at the time, but I have promised the kids n my wife, so we went.

From the moment we went up the line in front of d entrance gate I took out my Passport and got busy with work, doing translations and client networking on the go. Being Indonesians, NOBODY actually came up and say anything, let alone a "wow", but I did notice a LOT of heads turning and glancing. I didn't pay much attention as I didn't intend to show off and was really seriously busy.

So there it was, a whole day out showing off with no comment from anyone, but sure as heck made a lot of people glancing, neck cranning and curious stares. But no words. At all.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    04-25-15 02:04 AM
    I managed to get a date from a beautiful girl after her, losing a bet that I can make her say 'WOW' within 3 minutes... after she agreed, I just pull out my BlackBerry Passport from my pocket and show her some UI, hubs, swiping here & there and opening some Android apps / games... less than 2 minutes, she unconsciously said 'WOW'...

Posted via CB10
    abdullah1982 and 1Sleeper7 like this.
    04-25-15 02:13 AM
1,668 ... 4142434445 ...