My stories come from the USA and the great state of Texas

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    thymaster likes this.
    02-13-15 02:55 PM
    My 6 year old daughter: it's big. Looks like an ipad (all tablets are called ipads)

Posted via PassPort!
    02-14-15 08:10 AM
    I have had a few people stop me, but overall not as much reaction as I would have expected! Sadly a common thing said to me is "blackberry, huh? Didn't even know they were still making new phones" several folks thought it was an old BlackBerry...keep the faith!
    I am in the USA, CT....inner city I work with both high earners and entry level. To a person, android for entry level and iPhone for the executives. Wonder what that says socially? And what does that make me? Lol
    Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 09:28 AM
    And what does that make me? Lol
    Posted via CB10
    In whose eyes.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    ktr04 and thymaster like this.
    02-14-15 09:54 AM
    I got mine a week ago. I set it up and left next day on a business trip (business trip stories on another post).

Just came back and met with my parents at home the other day. My dad saw the phone and went "what iiiiisss thissss!!??" half smiling..." as soon as I flipped the case open he lost the tease-smile, eyes wilde open... I just opened the browser by keying in the url, scrolled with the keyboard and opened up an article on his favourite news site... that was it... his reaction was to grab the phone and go on it for a couple of hours asking me every now and then. the keyboard being touch sensitive freaked him out, and he loved the screen and scrolling on the keyboard with the phone rotated! at the end I had to get the sim out and flip it back to my Q10 (plan on keep using it with a sim adapter for those "increased hazard activities") until he was done roaming the Internet.

I then asked him what he though... he just mumbled "wow" and I saw him looking at his galaxy like "WTF galaxy..." when he realised that after all this time the battery was not drained, he just looked at his galaxy again...

that was the first reaction I got in the family.
    as for the business trip, well, that is another story all together!

in general, people look at it and when they see that I start swiping on the keyboard then they put on the poker face! I just love the look...

some ask further and some just look at it. in general I do not like to flash my phone out any more than I have to (never did) but with the passport it certainly draws more attention when I do.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    02-14-15 05:51 PM
    I got mine a week ago. I set it up and left next day on a business trip (business trip stories on another post).

Just came back and met with my parents at home the other day. My dad saw the phone and went "what iiiiisss thissss!!??" half smiling..." as soon as I flipped the case open he lost the tease-smile, eyes wilde open... I just opened the browser by keying in the url, scrolled with the keyboard and opened up an article on his favourite news site... that was it... his reaction was to grab the phone and go on it for a couple of hours asking me every now and then. the keyboard being touch sensitive freaked him out, and he loved the screen and scrolling on the keyboard with the phone rotated! at the end I had to get the sim out and flip it back to my Q10 (plan on keep using it with a sim adapter for those "increased hazard activities") until he was done roaming the Internet.

I then asked him what he though... he just mumbled "wow" and I saw him looking at his galaxy like "WTF galaxy..." when he realised that after all this time the battery was not drained, he just looked at his galaxy again...

in general, people look at it and when they see that I start swiping on the keyboard then they put on the poker face! I just love the look...

some ask further and some just look at it. in general I do not like to flash my phone out any more than I have to (never did) but with the passport it certainly draws more attention when I do.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha! Great post man!

But I feel sorry for your dad... and his galaxy!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    currentodysseys likes this.
    02-14-15 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    You should have gifted him one

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    currentodysseys and thymaster like this.
    02-14-15 07:04 PM
    Bought an unlocked Iphone 6 plus for wife today ( turned out its volume is too low while calling and might have to return the device for a new one as we think it's a defective piece; whew; whatever little or no respect I had for apple went down even further ). And then moved over to a Verizon store to buy a prepaid number for her. Two guys working there when they saw me holding my passport were like what the heck is that and asked if they can check it out.

After playing it for a few minutes they were totally in love with it and were surprised BlackBerry still makes phones, was reminiscent of his old BlackBerry handsets and we're wondering why this phone is not sold anywhere or any marketing of same

Made me feel great about it and this happen just today in Seattle, WA

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:44 AM
    You should have gifted him one

Yeah. I'm also expecting him to give his Passport to his dad. Haha
    02-15-15 01:49 AM
    I think giving him mine is SO out of the question hahaha!!
    and his Galaxy is nice and serves him just fine, but I think there is no comparison with the passport in terms of UI, screen and battery life...

mind you, my dad is not a tech or gadget freak either; he is 66yo and he uses his phone a lot for Internet consumption (lately he grabbed my PlayBook and it now lives at his place since a couple of months ago).

The point is exactly that not being a gadget freak he has basic user needs. He understands much better how to handle BlackBerry 10 than his android... which I find a noteworthy detail regarding OS functionality.

He absolutely loved the passport and he actually did not make many "how to" questions once I showed him a couple of things (and having had a PlayBook experience, although not the same as bb10, gave him a head start).

I tell you, it is not just the screen (he loved the extra web page space and layout) it was the ease of web consumption and the ui features he loved and the battery just finished it off!)

Maybe on his birthday I can get him one, it is near...

(although I must admit, being my uncle and I the gadget freaks in the family) I normally pass my old phones to someone that has an even older one when I upgrade. My passport is here to stay though and the Q10 which I plan on using, have not had the same effect as the passport...

Just loving it more every day...!!! (I ll go fetch my coffee and come back with the "how my wife reacted to my Passport" story)

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    02-15-15 04:00 AM
    Any stories and reactions in the UK as I'm from there and getting one soon hopefully
    02-15-15 06:06 AM
    I was at a class of 11 year olds today. I had forgotten to print out a copy of my lesson so I had to use the phone for the material. I overheard them whispering to each other.

Kid1: 'that's big.'
    Kid2: 'why is it big?'
    Kid3: 'Passport'

I ignored them and continued doing the attendance roll, but in my heart I was smiling ever so widely )

The best things in life are squares.
    thymaster likes this.
    02-15-15 08:40 AM
    From Singapore, btw.

02-15-15 08:43 AM
    To a person, android for entry level and iPhone for the executives. Wonder what that says socially?
    It says that owning an iPhone is partly a statement about being able to afford one. I have a friend, in his sixties like me, who resisted getting a smartphone for a long time. Finally, his business partner convinced him he needed one, and it had to be an iPhone. Why? Because he's a business partner.

So now he has an iPhone. He forgot his iTunes password immediately after getting it, so his iPhone has NO APPS, beyond the native ones. He doesn't care. He'd be an ideal BlackBerry user, really. All he uses are PIM stuff and the browser. I tried to convince him to try BlackBerry but his partner was adamant that an iPhone symbolizes success and being with the times.
    02-15-15 10:05 AM
    I don't get the concept of people saying that iPhones are for business.. Everything lacks in that department .. I use my iPhone more like an iPod than anything else ..

If it was for business, reminders would be displayed on lock screen and not disappear because you've unlocked your phone, the phone must have email capabilities to attach actual files such as single, multiple documents from word to PDFs not a link to online storage.. They must have a real calendar not a poor excuse for one .. What sets iPhone up for the masses is the overload of apps .. Of which it came down to it, how many do you actually use for business ? I worked for a major railroad line and the majority of managers had iPhones and they thought I was crazy for using my Blackberry bold 9900 .. For those whom used iPhone they had to get an email Client called "Good" and it was horrible.. Guess who was always on time with reports, meetings and deadlines.. With minimal search bar input I was able to find conversations emails messages and anything I needed and it's not that simple with iPhone or android for that matter.. Blackberry is on another level..
    02-16-15 02:58 PM
    Guys and gals, it would be great if you could also mention what country you are located so that we can have a better idea of where these stories are coming from. For some reason I mostly think the majority are from Canada except when I see someone mentioning t-mobile or att.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    From The Netherlands

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:31 PM
    Word of mouth definitely works. I meet this man in a local Toronto Shoppers Drug Mart two months ago. He interrupted me in the check out line to get a closer look at my Passport. Once through the line, I gave him a short demo. Fast forward to yesterday, I meet the same man in a local bakery. He remembered me immediately and pulled out his new Passport. He explained he would have never thought of BlackBerry without our first encounter.
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20150218_112902.jpg

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    02-19-15 11:38 AM
    Word of mouth definitely works. I meet this man in a local Toronto Shoppers Drug Mart two months ago. He interrupted me in the check out line to get a closer look at my Passport. Once through the line, I gave him a short demo. Fast forward to yesterday, I meet the same man in a local bakery. He remembered me immediately and pulled out his new Passport. He explained he would have never thought of BlackBerry without our first encounter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150218_112902.jpg 
Views:	1409 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	334789

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    That's nice. BlackBerry should pay you for this advertisement.

02-20-15 09:31 AM
    How people have reacted? I am getting constantly mocked by my colleagues, it's really big but also it crashes, the camera is slow and takes blurry images, and still requires a reboot every once in a while.

So really it's mockery with a lot of people having iPhones and Samsungs S5 around me and me, being unable to say 'but it's a great phone'
    02-20-15 09:54 AM
    How people have reacted? I am getting constantly mocked by my colleagues, it's really big but also it crashes, the camera is slow and takes blurry images, and still requires a reboot every once in a while.

So really it's mockery with a lot of people having iPhones and Samsungs S5 around me and me, being unable to say 'but it's a great phone'
    Sad.
    02-20-15 12:14 PM

Update to 10.3.1 solved all the problems you mentioned. Try it out

thymaster likes this.
    02-20-15 12:45 PM
    Update to 10.3.1 solved all the problems you mentioned. Try it out

Sadly, not for everybody. Some users who updated experienced bugs and problems from before were not repaired. Happy though that my update has been great!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    02-20-15 12:57 PM
    Just yesterday a delivery driver saw my Passport and interrupted me in the middle of me explaining a complex technical issue with with my supervisor and asked, what is that? Is it a phone or a small computer? I showed him the Passport and he said, "OH, it's a BlackBerry, I stopped carrying those."

Well, not to be a jerk, but which one of us has a BlackBerry and which one of us has a Samsung Galaxy and which one of us is making minimum wage? Not that there is a direct correlation between ones device choice and economic status, but I can honestly say I have never been treated in a dismissive way by someone in my own tax bracket.

Posted via CB10
    dcwbearsaint and thymaster like this.
    02-21-15 09:20 AM

Your case sir is a needle in a haystack. It may be a bad Passport you got. I had my Z10 for one and a half year now and had no problems, smooth and easy.

It may also be that it's just not the phone for you. I personally cannot give a damn about people trying to mock me. Poor them sheeps following the masses...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:11 PM
    Or... it may be a software related issue. I did experience those when fooling around with leaked versions.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:15 PM
1,668 ... 3536373839 ...