It's interesting that I've seen several people mention comments about people noticing the new BlackBerry. It would be insightful to know what country you, or others making similar comments, are located in. I could not imagine hearing those words here (Nevada, USA). Meaning, few if any people on the street know BlackBerry even still exists, let alone comment on the new one.

Posted via CB10
    I'm in Philadelphia and I've contributed a few of the stories in this thread. I had another experience two days ago, while getting a haircut. The barber asked me about something and I took the Passport out of shirt pocket to look it up. He said, "A new BlackBerry! How many times a day do you have to charge that beast?"

I replied that I just charge it once, when I go to bed. He was skeptical. Another guy in the shop said "I wish I could teach my #@&$ iPhone that trick." I don't know what iPhone model he had.
    01-01-15 07:40 AM
    Came to a shop looking for the screen protector, and the guy in the shop asked..Passport is a phone? It does not look like one..LoL

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:23 AM
    The AT&T employee actually was like "is that the passport?" I was shocked she knew what it was and she goes "yeah my boyfriend wants one but I just got him the iPhone 6+" I told her he should get it anyways!

Other than that just some haters at my company that were hating on the large and square display

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:56 PM
    Every iPhone user friend I have always ask me if they could play with it.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 05:37 PM
    I am now used to a lot of attention and wows from my friends when I show them the Passport and it's features. Since most of us get similar responses, I didn't bother to make a post.

However after hearing the following story from my friend who also uses a passport, I thought I must contribute here.

He had taken his relatives to a prominent doctor in Bangalore for consultation. They all sat down, and this guy keeps the phone on the table. He said, the doc almost jumped up from his seat and said this is the phone he has been looking for and asked when it will launch in India. He couldn't believe that the phone was launched 2 months ago. My friend told him that one of the primary target customers for the passport are doctors.

BlackBerry needs to work on some more marketing in general media than just outlets like economic times if the general public should get an idea of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    You're correct. That's surprising when this is one of BlackBerry's main targets now. I can't recall seeing advertising of any sort in hospitals? Of course, mabey companies don't do this for a reason? It could come across as tackless? I guess a few posters in the staff rooms may be a better approach?

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 01-02-15 at 11:11 PM.
    01-02-15 10:33 PM
    It's interesting that I've seen several people mention comments about people noticing the new BlackBerry. It would be insightful to know what country you, or others making similar comments, are located in. I could not imagine hearing those words here (Nevada, USA). Meaning, few if any people on the street know BlackBerry even still exists, let alone comment on the new one.

Posted via CB10
    That's a great point. Although, the Passport and Classic received national coverage in the States. Every major News Network covered the story on their respective launch days. Not only websites and print, but on TV as well.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    01-02-15 11:08 PM
    I dont own a passport so I dont know how people will react if I have one and flaunt it. But I do desperately wish I could own one. A couple of week back, I just happened to bump into this one guy with his white BlackBerry passport right infront of him while he's having a cup of cafee at some cafe. I purposely passed infront of his table to have a good look at the passport I think about 7 times until he looked at me with some annoyed face. Yup, I guess im kind of a loser at that point of time.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:31 PM
    'is that a BlackBerry tablet?!?' lol and then proceeds to be blown away by it..

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:36 PM
    I dont own a passport so I dont know how people will react if I have one and flaunt it. But I do desperately wish I could own one. A couple of week back, I just happened to bump into this one guy with his white BlackBerry passport right infront of him while he's having a cup of cafee at some cafe. I purposely passed infront of his table to have a good look at the passport I think about 7 times until he looked at me with some annoyed face. Yup, I guess im kind of a loser at that point of time.

Posted via CB10
    I would have been down onto my hands and knees and crawled over. Like in the animated cartoons and movies, I'd slowly raise my head over to the table and look at the passport. Then I'd slowly slide my hand over and pull the passport along the table. Inching closer, I'd slide the passport off the table and then slink back to where I came from.

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    jupiter8 likes this.
    01-03-15 12:35 AM
    After reading thru this thread, it gave me a chuckle reading up all ofthe whacked out comments on how it doesn't look like an iphone or android device!

Generally most people don't really know heat to say about a square screen! I love it!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:06 AM
    Usually love it and ask all kinds of questions. Some say they have missed BlackBerry and are considering this phone now. Only one person asked why I would want to take a step back to a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:10 AM
    I have posted this on another thread, but while I was waiting to get my refund at the apple store, I was checking my email and immediately drew a crowd asking what I was using. I told them it was the new BlackBerry passport and showed them the device and I heard their jaws hit the floor.

After showing off the device for 20 minutes, I finally told them where they could buy one and how much the device cost. Just as they all started to get excited, I finally said it was sold out and they would have to wait to get one. Then I smiled, got my refund and left. God that felt great.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:04 PM
    All that has happened to me so far is people at the mall asking how do I like the phone and don't I find it awkward to use? The one guy said a bunch of his friends have switched from the PP to the Classic and now they wish they had stayed with the PP.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:38 PM
    i got another reaction today... i was at one very nice mall here at Atlanta in a jewelry replacing the battery of my watch... the rep literally stopped his explanation about the warranty etc when he saw my phone to ask: i am sorry, i cannot help noticing your phone, what is it?... i said a BB... oh wao, i have never seen a phone like this... i explained a bit about it and a lady came to watch as well... i always say that i hate typing on glass and people nod in agreement to this all the time... later another rep came to watch the phone and said: i didn't know BB came out with a phone like this... i told them to try it out, but sadly you won't find it in any carrier since here in States people don't like BB anymore... and they again always nod when i say this... but the reaction is typically amazed by the screen size and the physical/touch sensitive kb...
    01-04-15 07:38 PM
    Today at work someone ask if this was a BlackBerry? I asked how can you tell? He just said 'the keyboard that phone looks awesome!'

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    01-09-15 12:28 PM
    Yup! My son started laughing when I pulled it out. After I set it up and he used it less, he said he has to take one himself! Then came my turn to laugh !!! (excuse my english)

BlackBerry Passport / Vodafone Rom�nia
    chflower and Technomotive like this.
    01-09-15 01:21 PM
    So far, my students have been fairly understanding when it comes to my reasons for going back to a blackberry. They all sport android phones or iphones and none of them are actually happy with those things

Posted via CB10
    chflower likes this.
    01-09-15 02:47 PM
    I got my passport today and showed some work colleagues. All I got was laughs. Isheep the lot of them. I am going to wait until I am fluid with this beast and then I will show them. This is a of machine it is such a shame BlackBerry do not advertise.

Posted via CB10
    cosmotzr likes this.
    01-09-15 03:03 PM
    "Is that the Passport? I love it. I was thinking of getting one.". Happened 3 times to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 05:16 PM
    "Is that the Passport? I love it. I was thinking of getting one.". Happened 3 times to me.

Posted via CB10
    That's happened to me at an NYC Regus business lounge.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 07:30 PM
    Just yesterday, a college student saw me using my Passport and commented, "that looks like something Batman would use!"

Nailed it!!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:13 PM
    Just yesterday, a college student saw me using my Passport and commented, "that looks like something Batman would use!"

Nailed it!!

Posted via CB10
    Nice!
    Awesome because it's true.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    naveedk likes this.
    01-09-15 11:45 PM

Nailed it!!

Posted via CB10
    Now I wish the BlackBerry logo could be replaced by a Batman logo! How cool would that be?!

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    naveedk likes this.
    01-10-15 03:46 AM
    "That's a big *** phone?"

Lol "Does this phone make my **** look big?'"

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-10-15 04:05 AM

Nailed it!!

Posted via CB10
    Nuff said!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    naveedk likes this.
    01-10-15 04:09 AM
1,668 ... 3031323334 ...