Every other day or so I get someone on the train next to me staring at me as I'm on the phone, answering emails, checking out spreadsheets, etc...

When I finally look up and see them staring, I take out an earphone since it's clear they want to ask me about it. They always come away impressed, especially when showing them the 50% battery remaining by day's end after that type of constant use all day. Then I show the touch keyboard capability and all the apps everyone else has. All this is usually followed up by a, 'I definitely liked my old BBRY (usually 9900 or older curve) but my company dropped them and I really don't need all the apps, I just want my battery to last the day..'

BBRY needs to get as many passports into the hands of NYC professionals and they'll slowly convert folks back to the platform. There's still 9900s all over the place but I've only seen one or two other people with the passport on the subways.
    That's actually a phenomenal idea for the company. Have people, particularly business people use the phone for 30 days. At the end they get $500 for completing the challenge and the phone if they like it. Marketing that could go viral if done right.

Posted via CB10 with my Passport
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    12-24-14 11:54 PM
    During a discussion of everyone's current smart phones, both of my aunts were shocked to hear me say I have a BlackBerry. One said "I thought they were dead!" I went on to explain the concept of the passport (they were amazed by the keyboard, I think one's hooked for sure) and how people are noticing it so much. Meanwhile my sister was pulling up a picture of it on her iPhone 5s (I didn't have to passport to show off in person; I'm still rocking the Q10 'till Verizon gets on board) and had all the classic reactions of "It's too square!" and "It looks like a piece of toast!". She also refused to listen to me telling her how superior BB10 is to iOS but oh well, we can't turn them all around. 2/3 this time.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 12:13 AM
    Mostly negative tablet kind of jokes so far, sadly. And alot of blackberry bashing! Only one girl Who actually took time to look at it and was amazed about the smoothness of the os. Definetly an eyecatcher but not in a positive way so far, haha.

Posted via CB10
    ShanRVN likes this.
    12-25-14 03:05 AM
    When I took out my Passport, my 4 years old niece told me that my phone looked cool! Apparently she has a good taste =P
    12-25-14 06:26 AM
    I set it out on the table at restaurants if I'm not wearing a shirt with a pocket, and in approximately 30-40 times, only once has a server not remarked in someway about the phone. The most popular comment is along the lines of "that's cool/awesome, what is it?" the most negative is "that's huge."

Last night yet another server commented "that is very nice phone, if you are going to have a keyboard that's perfect." After he left, my iphone-using wife said "Everyone comments on your phone!"

It's definitely the most eye-catching phone no one's ever heard of
    lylesilverman likes this.
    12-25-14 11:20 AM

It's definitely the most eye-catching phone no one's ever heard of
    Yep, love it or hate it, people will notice it. Since BlackBerry will not market to the average consumer (yet), that's a good thing. Keep letting folks see 'em.

Posted via CB10
    lylesilverman likes this.
    12-25-14 10:31 PM
    That's what I do, always use mine on the train and in public places.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 11:53 PM
    The TMO sales rep I activated it with had little to say other than to ask how much I paid.

Most other folks that take notice simply ask "is that a phone"? Then go on to comment how big it is.

If they seem interested I show off the touch keyboard. It's weird though. Folks think it's cool but then don't want a real keyboard to start with is how it seems. They don't say ooh I really wish I had a real keyboard again.

I think the best thing to happen to BlackBerry with consumers would be if Apple and Google re-legitimized the idea of a PKB being and important thing for the average consumer. Otherwise no matter how useful or how cool, most folks simply won't consider it at all. It becomes a disqualifying factor for even considering the phone. That's how people come across to me when they see my Passport. Anyway...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-26-14 12:16 AM
    I sent my contact information to my nephew at a Christmas party and he immediately knew what the passport was. He had an iPhone 6+, which is as absurdly tall as the passport is absurdly wide. We held the phones next to each other to compare size.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 05:36 AM
    I am now used to a lot of attention and wows from my friends when I show them the Passport and it's features. Since most of us get similar responses, I didn't bother to make a post.

However after hearing the following story from my friend who also uses a passport, I thought I must contribute here.

He had taken his relatives to a prominent doctor in Bangalore for consultation. They all sat down, and this guy keeps the phone on the table. He said, the doc almost jumped up from his seat and said this is the phone he has been looking for and asked when it will launch in India. He couldn't believe that the phone was launched 2 months ago. My friend told him that one of the primary target customers for the passport are doctors.

BlackBerry needs to work on some more marketing in general media than just outlets like economic times if the general public should get an idea of this phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 06:22 AM
    Got the Passport on 24th and the Classic on the same day. I put the Classic away as I knew it was not *innovative* enough for him aka BF. However, the Passport was a whole different story. I purposely placed it on the table before he arrived. I did not tell him I was getting it - his reaction to my Q10 pissed me off. No big deal, but since he is coming over for dinner...

Kisses & hugs all around. He walks up to it...

"What's that?!"
    --My new BlackBerry (nonchalantly)
    "You got a new phone?"
    -- Yep. (acting too busy to pay attention, but thinking, duh)
    "It's square!"
    -- Yep. ( thinking...man, you're real bright today, I see.)
    "Huh." he said under his breath. Then proceeds to walks around the table as if he's too scared to pick it up. LOL.
    -- I ignore and keep *busy*.

After a minute or two, I calmly say
    -- Check out the keyboard. Just swipe up to wake it up and move your fingers across the keys. I already had a web page opened (hee hee).
    "Whoah!"
    -- I smile inside and watch him somehow find his way to a chair. I tell myself, *wait* for it...wait. wait. He continues to play around on it. 5 mins. go by. 10 mins.. then I say...soooo are we gonna eat or what? He comes over to the dining room table looking confused.

Just as I think that's all the reaction I'm gonna get from him...eventually he said....

"That phone is wicked babe !"
    -- Yeah, I know (still acting un-phased, but thinking...he must be starvin'...or just eager to get back to that Passport!!)
    12-26-14 03:18 PM
    Got the Passport on 24th and the Classic on the same day. I put the Classic away as I knew it was not *innovative* enough for him aka BF. However, the Passport was a whole different story. I purposely placed it on the table before he arrived. I did not tell him I was getting it - his reaction to my Q10 pissed me off. No big deal, but since he is coming over for dinner...

Kisses & hugs all around. He walks up to it...

"What's that?!"
    --My new BlackBerry (nonchalantly)
    "You got a new phone?"
    -- Yep. (acting too busy to pay attention, but thinking, duh)
    "It's square!"
    -- Yep. ( thinking...man, you're real bright today, I see.)
    "Huh." he said under his breath. Then proceeds to walks around the table as if he's too scared to pick it up. LOL.
    -- I ignore and keep *busy*.

After a minute or two, I calmly say
    -- Check out the keyboard. Just swipe up to wake it up and move your fingers across the keys. I already had a web page opened (hee hee).
    "Whoah!"
    -- I smile inside and watch him somehow find his way to a chair. I tell myself, *wait* for it...wait. wait. He continues to play around on it. 5 mins. go by. 10 mins.. then I say...soooo are we gonna eat or what? He comes over to the dining room table looking confused.

Just as I think that's all the reaction I'm gonna get from him...eventually he said....

"That phone is wicked babe !"
    -- Yeah, I know (still acting un-phased, but thinking...he must be starvin'...or just eager to get back to that Passport!!)
    Haha, I like how you played cool the whole time... that's how I usually do when showing off my phone to my friends "unintentionally (of course)"

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-26-14 06:20 PM
    Haha, I like how you played cool the whole time... that's how I usually do when showing off my phone to my friends "unintentionally (of course)"

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    thx! It was hard to play it cool for sure though!
    12-26-14 06:26 PM
    Reactions are changing from "what the hell is that" to "is that the new BlackBerry" and "is that the Passport" so I think that's a good thing. People are hearing about the Passport

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    bborgimicks likes this.
    12-27-14 09:58 PM
    If I hear "How do you like it?" one more time....

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL!
    12-28-14 02:54 PM
    Hum, is this a casio calculator? That is what I heard from people.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    I bought the Passport specifically to be a conversation starter. But it starts them at the wrong time, like while shopping, instead of helping me, the store clerks always end up requesting a demo of the keyboard or something

12-29-14 05:05 AM
    Just order PP, I will get it in... 21 days ( -_-")

I will update the result to when I show to my friends later... BlackBerry is almost die here in Thailand, no vendor, no distributor who wanna sell it anymore. BlackBerry direct office also gave up last year when their Z10 and Q10 went bad.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:09 AM
    "Is that LG?" I said No its blackberry Passport.
    "I heard about it they made very good phone"

A Happy Passport User....
    12-29-14 06:27 AM
    thx! It was hard to play it cool for sure though!
    So far one of the best stories here. And hard to see a woman fighting back on the BF over her BlackBerry. It's usually the other way around... keep em coming if you have more!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:44 PM
    I was in a Best Buy the first time I saw a Passport in person. I picked it up and the words "That's one big a$$ phone!" just tumbled out of my mouth. Lol, I couldn't stop myself. The store was fairly crowded too and everyone was staring at me.

But seriously, has everyone forgotten about those bricks that we used to carry around in the 90s? They sure didn't fit in your pocket or your purse!
    12-30-14 12:05 AM
    Reactions are changing from "what the hell is that" to "is that the new BlackBerry" and "is that the Passport" so I think that's a good thing. People are hearing about the Passport

It's interesting that I've seen several people mention comments about people noticing the new BlackBerry. It would be insightful to know what country you, or others making similar comments, are located in. I could not imagine hearing those words here (Nevada, USA). Meaning, few if any people on the street know BlackBerry even still exists, let alone comment on the new one.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 02:43 PM
    Most of my friends did like the passport even if they are stuck on android or ios and will never change.. But I try get most of the new devices that come out so my friends always ask to feel on my phone if they see it is a new one. And so far some say it feels strange in the design but they still think it feels solid.
    For me passport feels right in size, compare to be the iPhone 6+,nexus6 or note4 I did use befor I got my passport makes it feel almost small..

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 03:06 PM
    I was around a younger group of friends (18-ish). One guy asks to hold it, while in awe that it's actually a phone. Then says it looks like it's from the future. Holding it flat in his hand and says he is waiting for a 3-dimensional screen to appear. "That thing is cool".

Many stares after that point.
    01-01-15 07:21 AM
1,668 ... 2930313233 ...