Just came back from dinner with good friends from engineering school and I hadn't seen them in a while. When the iPhone became popular all three of them switched and stayed with Apple ever since except me. Of course when they saw my passport they started poking some fun at it "it so large, why do you need something that large"? So I answer back with the three features I like the most: 1. Large screen 2. Physical Keyboard 3. Battery life

When I mentioned the latter, one of them said "Of course you have good battery life, it's so big, what kind of batteries do you have? Six AA batteries?" and at this point they just kept going "I bet it uses floppy disks given its so big!"

At that point I was hysterically laughing to the stupid ideas they were saying. Just thought I'd share these few reactions as I haven't seen them yet. It all ended on good terms and was able to finally put it in perspective to the iPhone 6+ size wise that it is not that big.

Disagreements don't always need to be aggressive or serious! It can be quite entertaining when not taking it so seriously.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and Barbareren like this.
    12-15-14 10:16 PM
    Just came back from dinner with good friends from engineering school and I hadn't seen them in a while. When the iPhone became popular all three of them switched and stayed with Apple ever since except me. Of course when they saw my passport they started poking some fun at it "it so large, why do you need something that large"? So I answer back with the three features I like the most: 1. Large screen 2. Physical Keyboard 3. Battery life

When I mentioned the latter, one of them said "Of course you have good battery life, it's so big, what kind of batteries do you have? Six AA batteries?" and at this point they just kept going "I bet it uses floppy disks given its so big!"

At that point I was hysterically laughing to the stupid ideas they were saying. Just thought I'd share these few reactions as I haven't seen them yet. It all ended on good terms and was able to finally put it in perspective to the iPhone 6+ size wise that it is not that big.

Disagreements don't always need to be aggressive or serious! It can be quite entertaining when not taking it so seriously.

Posted via CB10
    So true. We are talking about material objects that really can't replace friendships etc.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    12-15-14 10:43 PM
    using cibc mobile payment certainly drew a lot of attention at t & t super market. The cashier was asking, "how I did that?"
    12-17-14 06:22 PM
    So just got my passport. I went into at&t to get the microsim and I had to guys helping me. One guy was nice respectful and all about business. The other guy was an ***. He tried so hard to diss blackberry at every turn. I basically told him to shut his mouth and that blackberry works for me not android or apple. Man the hate for blackberry in the us mobile community is strong.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    12-17-14 08:57 PM
    So just got my passport. I went into at&t to get the microsim and I had to guys helping me. One guy was nice respectful and all about business. The other guy was an ***. He tried so hard to diss blackberry at every turn. I basically told him to shut his mouth and that blackberry works for me not android or apple. Man the hate for blackberry in the us mobile community is strong.

Posted via CB10
    And some folks here still insist that BlackBerry should fix relations with US carriers to have their phones distributed at carrier stores. For what, for this? To be bashed in front of every potential client. No thank you, I don't think they should sell through carriers, not for a long time. F*#k them.

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000 likes this.
    12-18-14 10:47 AM
    Just paid at Starbucks with the Passport. The server asked, "how do you like the Passport?" To which I replied, "love it. It's really great." He then said he was looking to upgrade from his Z10 and that he's "still a BlackBerry die-hard." I said, "me too."

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-19-14 08:23 AM
    Just paid at Starbucks with the Passport. The server asked, "how do you like the Passport?" To which I replied, "love it. It's really great." He then said he was looking to upgrade from his Z10 and that he's "still a BlackBerry die-hard." I said, "me too."

The fact he knew it was a Passport and owns a Z10 fills my heart with joy.
    thymaster and miker476 like this.
    12-19-14 09:19 AM
    Excited mostly. Only One Apple fan boy didn't say much. My wife thinks it's ugly. I think it's beautiful. Needless to say I'm getting a divorce.

BB Proud
    12-19-14 09:45 AM
    Well so far I have not had any positive interactions. The one guy at at&t treated me like I was behind the times for having blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:00 AM
    'that's a nice looking calculator'.......... haha
    Haha, I get teased with that all the time at work.

Funny that my 'calculator' is more powerful than their 'smartphone'.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 and thymaster like this.
    12-19-14 07:24 PM
    Wow I like your phone.

I love having keyring app on my passport. Gets it in people's face.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:47 PM
    So I've got my Passport just yesterday and I already got my first reaction to it today in public.

I went through an airport security checkpoint as I do almost everyday since I am in this industry. So the security guy spotted my Passport in the plastic bin and was fascinated. He immediately recognized it as the new BlackBerry Passport and asked if he could take a look at it, to which I agreed.
    He said it's a very cool looking device and inquired further about how it is to work with that display.

Posted via CB10
    Searchy likes this.
    12-20-14 03:13 PM
    So I've got my Passport just yesterday and I already got my first reaction to it today in public.

I went through an airport security checkpoint as I do almost everyday since I am in this industry. So the security guy spotted my Passport in the plastic bin and was fascinated. He immediately recognized it as the new BlackBerry Passport and asked if he could take a look at it, to which I agreed.
    He said it's a very cool looking device and inquired further about how it is to work with that display.

Posted via CB10
    You let the TSA touch your belongings voluntarily??

SunshineStateFlyer likes this.
    12-20-14 03:23 PM
    Wow! I'll have to check that app out. Thanks
    12-20-14 03:53 PM
    "That's a big *** phone?"
    "Looks like a calculator."
    "Wait is that the new Blackberry?"
    "What type of phone is that?(blackberry.) Oh man they finally got their act together."
    "That's a mini hdtv"

Majority of my feedback is random shock. I'd be minding my own business and they'd question me about it. Especially all my IT coworkers.
    12-20-14 04:29 PM
    Yesterday at the mall. Random person 'how fast does your battery drain with that tv?' I don't know what surprised him most the answer or the phone lol.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    12-21-14 05:14 AM
    I overheard my mom telling my 18-month old nephew,'Babe, put down that calculator... phone'. Lol

All you need is love (of Passport) 🎵
    the3maples and ediggity like this.
    12-22-14 07:54 AM
    I took mine to two different T-mob stores (the first time to get the nano chip and the second to help out with a voicemail issue); the first time the salesman asked if I mind if he shows it to his manager. He ended up showing it to all the staff; all were positively surprised. At the second store the girl told me that she has not seen a new Blackberry in years. Also at Staples the sales guy asked if he can hold it. All positive responses.
    12-22-14 08:27 AM
    Had some business to take care of at my local AT&T. So I said this is the perfect time to get some reactions. Overall everyone was pretty pleased with the passport. The reps were all looking at it and asking questions. All of them also went as far to say they hope they see blackberry make a return to form. One rep had like a 10 minute conversation with me how he missed blackberry and how they should market what they are offering more. At least these reps knew what a passport was.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:42 PM
    T-mo rep after going in for transfer to nano sim.

"Never even heard of this phone"

As someone who works in the industry, they should be embarrassed.
    But just goes to show you how deeply embedded people are with the status quo nowadays

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:35 PM
    T-mo rep after going in for transfer to nano sim.

"Never even heard of this phone"

As someone who works in the industry, they should be embarrassed.
    But just goes to show you how deeply embedded people are with the status quo nowadays

Posted via CB10
    Yep pretty much. I went to a store last week and the rep said I didnt know blackberry still made phones and I said well your manager has some explaining to do.

Posted via CB10
    kasedillz likes this.
    12-22-14 02:21 PM
    I was in a busy book store shopping for some board games yesterday evening... chatting with my friends on Wechat to decide which board game to get. So I was constantly taking and sending photos in a store where people were basically moving shoulder to shoulder... out of nowhere I heard a woman's voice asking:"Hey, is that a BlackBerry Passport?" I turned around and saw two women standing there realizing that question was for me. "Yes." I replied. One of the women asked: "How do you like it?" I paused for a little bit, trying not to act like a BlackBerry fanatic, then replied: "it's awesome." without the ! In the end (have you guys had that holding back moment? lol). The woman continued, "My husband has been considering to get one of this phone." Then she asked me about the price and stuff and we ended the conversation.

This is probably the first time a stranger interrupted what I was doing to ask about my Passport. The other instances are usually not with completely stranger, or not completely out of blue.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    thymaster and LoneStarRed like this.
    12-24-14 09:26 AM
    Every other day or so I get someone on the train next to me staring at me as I'm on the phone, answering emails, checking out spreadsheets, etc...

When I finally look up and see them staring, I take out an earphone since it's clear they want to ask me about it. They always come away impressed, especially when showing them the 50% battery remaining by day's end after that type of constant use all day. Then I show the touch keyboard capability and all the apps everyone else has. All this is usually followed up by a, 'I definitely liked my old BBRY (usually 9900 or older curve) but my company dropped them and I really don't need all the apps, I just want my battery to last the day..'

BBRY needs to get as many passports into the hands of NYC professionals and they'll slowly convert folks back to the platform. There's still 9900s all over the place but I've only seen one or two other people with the passport on the subways.
    thymaster likes this.
    12-24-14 10:50 AM
    Great post. Keep the good job going!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:07 PM
    I was at AT&T getting my phone hooked up and everyone was impressed by the White Passport. They never saw one before. A random customer was like, "That's a BlackBerry!?" The store associates said they wanted to get one. "It looks a lot better than their (BlackBerry's) old ones."
    12-24-14 09:21 PM
1,668 ... 2829303132 ...