what is that??? does that thing make calls??
    11-25-14 04:58 PM
    I asked my brother to sum up his initial impression of my Passport in one word and he said, " Refund."

My mother's reaction was that of incredulity at anyone allowing this device to make it off the cutting room floor, what with its heft, width, and sharp corners. "At the very least...why couldn't they round the corners? This is one unattractive device."

So, that's two individuals who won't be working wide anytime soon lol.

I still need to get my dad and baby brother to weigh in.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo, EsJayDee and the3maples like this.
    11-26-14 12:43 AM
    Two reactions today at YGK. When I showed my mobile boarding pass to the Air Canada check in agent she said, "What is that thing?"

Then when I showed the CATSA person she said, "Oooh the new Berry. How do you like it?"

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-27-14 04:35 PM
    Bigger than bigger!
    11-27-14 09:14 PM
    - it's so big!
    - what's that?
    - looks like an ipad
    - what a square!!
    - is that blackberries last attempt before it goes bankrupt?
    - pretty neat I've never seen a phone like that before.

Then my friend couldn't keep his hands off it.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 11:07 PM
    A flight attendant on a Quantas (Australian) airlines flight walked past me as I was using the phone, stopped, then took a few steps back and asked me, what is that? Is that the new blackberry?!. She was utterly amazed with the phone, she continues with, wow, does that fit in your pocket? Then calls over her colleague to take a look. "Hey, check it out, this guy has the latest blackberry phone". When I arrived at the airport, I went to the gadget store in Melbourne and asked the guy if they sell Passport cases, they were a bit less enthusiastic and just told me "oh we don't carry it cause we don't really sell this phone in australia". Then I thought to myself, that's too bad for you guys.

Posted from my BB Passport in HK
    thymaster likes this.
    11-28-14 01:35 AM

Then when I showed the CATSA person she said, "Oooh the new Berry. How do you like it?"

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I got this same reaction last night, verbatim, from a young person (about 25). The important detail is that he immediately knew what it was.
    j_the_p, thedose and bbfanatic11 like this.
    11-28-14 06:10 AM
    I got my passport on Wednesday, my wife saw it and thought it was ridiculously big. I took it to T-mobile and the rep. there thought I had the porsche blackberry. He picked it up and said that was the nicest phone he had ever seen. I had to take it from him as he would not give it back. Everyone at T-mobile took turns checking it out and they all were amazed by it. It is definitely totally different as far as traditional design is concerned.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    11-28-14 07:30 AM
    I think wives should start a club or something like it... My wife's rapid succession of comments:
    -Wow that's big!
    -Let me look at it...
    -Wow, does it fit in your shirt pocket?
    -Your friends... still gonna make fun of you for using a Blackberry...
    -Wow the screen's gorgeous
    -The keyboard acts as a trackpad? Wow
    -I like it!
    11-28-14 09:00 AM
    I got my passport on Wednesday, my wife saw it and thought it was ridiculously big. I took it to T-mobile and the rep. there thought I had the porsche blackberry. He picked it up and said that was the nicest phone he had ever seen. I had to take it from him as he would not give it back. Everyone at T-mobile took turns checking it out and they all were amazed by it. It is definitely totally different as far as traditional design is concerned.

Posted via CB10
    Tell your wife that many like things bigger. For some, once they do, they can never go back. Also, I've noticed many reps interested in the Passport lately. This is definitely half the battle. I was literally laughed at whenever my Z30 or Z10 happened to be in view at carrier stores in the past. What's more puzzling, this all took place in Canada. It always turned into a BlackBerry lesson that usually went over well from what I could tell.
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-bprofile_201487.png

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    11-29-14 10:53 PM
    I need that!!! It's soooo coool!

Passport Powered
    11-30-14 01:13 AM
    You've captured exactly how I feel right now!

Thanks @verizon

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:44 AM
    You've captured exactly how I feel right now! Thanks @verizon

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:48 AM
    During my commute I start working on customer files on the passport and I start responding to emails and people on the subway train just stare and watch while I multi task on the device!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:21 AM
    Is that a BlackBerry? I had a Storm and hated it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:15 PM
    Bump

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-30-14 06:40 PM
    Is that a BlackBerry? I had a Storm and hated it.

Posted via CB10
    Which is a good thing. No matter the reaction, people are noticing it. I get lots of looks, questions, and positive and negative comments. With the Z10 and Z30, I never had so much as a look. Now word is getting out. BlackBerry is back, like it or not.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-30-14 07:42 PM
    Which is a good thing. No matter the reaction, people are noticing it. I get lots of looks, questions, and positive and negative comments. With the Z10 and Z30, I never had so much as a look. Now word is getting out. BlackBerry is back, like it or not.

Posted via CB10
    Define... back?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:42 PM
    In August I was set on getting a Passport. But after the Apple keynote I decided on the 6 Plus. But I'm still interested in getting my hands on it 'cause I love new tech. Threads like this make it worse LoL. Loving that they have it in red.
    11-30-14 09:31 PM
    I got my Passport on Friday while at a friend's house. I got the text that it was delivered to my house and swiftly went home to snag it and do a good old device switch at my friend's house.

I pull it out in a room full of iPhone users and a Note 4 user. I was surprised when it was passed around to approvals.

"That's hot."
    "Too big for me, but it's nice."
    "This keyboard, thhooouuughhh."

I'm in love.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:59 PM
    I got my Passport on Friday while at a friend's house...

That was a very effective way to create some buzz. Well done!

Posted via CB10

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-01-14 02:24 AM
    Can't wait for women to say " what is that in your hands....oh my....it's soooo big "....
    I'm a female and I've had men say that to me

Posted via CB 10
    12-02-14 12:31 PM
    I'm a female and I've had men say that to me

Posted via CB 10
    That's a spicy meatball.
    12-02-14 06:20 PM
    @galloption @mrimperfect @jlsr Acura MDX... it syncs pretty good actually. He said the Bluetooth music streaming was supposed to be not so good, and suggested me to always plug in, but the Bluetooth actually works great with my Passport... wonder if his Nexus 5 sucked instead the Acura.

Oh yeah, the battery meter of my Passport was also shown on the dash board display, it was a little less than half but it was almost 8PM, he was like, yeah you need to charge your BlackBerry now... I guess half battery can only last a few hours for his Nexus 5.

I don't know, this shows that BlackBerry needs more than a few generations of great phones before it can win back the mind shares they lost. Maybe 4 is the magic number considering that's how much iPhone takes to become a dominating brand. For me I think Z30 and Passport are two generations of great phones, two more to go BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    The connection between my Q10 and our 2014 Acura MDX is mediocre. The bluetooth is slow and it doesn't show all of the information when playing my music (sometimes it doesn't even show the song name). It's much better in our 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo though. It shows the song name (even the name of my playlist), voice control works well, and call quality is good. My Q10 even shows the Volkswagen logo when I'm connected to the car!

I'm not sure whether it's Acura's fault or BlackBerry's fault regarding the lackluster experience.

Acura has great apps for the iPhone to show information about your car (tire pressure, next maintenance appointment, etc.) and it's a shame that they haven't made the same apps for BlackBerry.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    12-02-14 08:14 PM
    Sub'd

Now, if Verizon would $#(*;/$! Get with the program...

Posted via CB10
    b121 and Kimberella like this.
    12-02-14 09:21 PM
1,668 ... 2526272829 ...