Yesterday I was at a best buy I was looking for a case for my wife's note 4. The employee asked me what kind of phone did I have? I said a passport. His response 'never heard of it'. I took it out of my pocket and showed him quickly and then put it back. I grabbed a case I liked for her and he said 'wait can you show me that again?'.
    He took about 5 minutes with it I showed him how the keyboard works etc etc. In the end he just said 'where can I get one?'. Not so sure if he will actually get one, but who knows? Lol.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-19-14 09:15 AM
    What is that? A slice of toast? Hold that to your ear I wanna see how dumb you look.

Posted via CB10
    mrimperfect and the3maples like this.
    11-19-14 09:37 AM
    tbh there is always one thing i am still struggling with the passport and it's the space bar... it is too short, and i often press the letter b instead of space... i am even considering adding something at the top of the space bar to have a different texture and feel to it... but yes, it would be interesting to see this same phone with 4 rows kb... bigger space bar, physical shift button etc...

Sad thing is I will buy this phone and some time next year they will announce passport 2 with the mentioned additions.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:43 AM
    i also live in a large city (Atlanta) and the phone has brought some attention... as i have said, at my gym two or three persons (especially when i hand it over to read the bar code access) have said something, t-mo guy was impressed and took pictures... my mom says it's like a mini computer, my folks were impressed when i was using it as a navigator due to the huge screen... my brother (iphone user) laughed at it but then later, took it just to check it out... i also travel and people see it, they don't stop me to ask, but for sure they see something different in a sea of common phones...

I sort of agree with you. Aside from the almost roasting I got at work by my collegues and family no one else has bothered with saying anything and I travel quite a bit in the US.

Oh wait the TMO guy who gave me the nano SIM was all over it. That's the only positive and thrilled reaction I've seen but happened to be a fellow crackberry addict.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:51 AM
    Bought a car yesterday. In the beginning the sales man was like, wow, the new blackberry! This is a very manly phone! Etc. Etc. After the deal is done and he was supposed to give me a walk through of the features, the mocking begins to show... the voice recognition of the car doesn't work? Oh that's because of your accent, and if you have an iPhone you can buy a $199 app and use Siri to do the voice recognition and it will work. Unfortunately it's not available for BlackBerry... yes this is connected through the cell system in the car not your phone, if your BlackBerry doesn't work, you can use this to call... the navigation system doesn't recognize your home address? That's because of the government haven't update your home area yet... what? Your BlackBerry recognize it?... it's not because of us, it's our map partner didn't deliver...

Should I give him a 10 in the feedback call later?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-19-14 10:17 AM
    hahaha what car's brand and model was that?

Bought a car yesterday. In the beginning the sales man was like, wow, the new blackberry! This is a very manly phone! Etc. Etc. After the deal is done and he was supposed to give me a walk through of the features, the mocking begins to show... the voice recognition of the car doesn't work? Oh that's because of your accent, and if you have an iPhone you can buy a $199 app and use Siri to do the voice recognition and it will work. Unfortunately it's not available for BlackBerry... yes this is connected through the cell system in the car not your phone, if your BlackBerry doesn't work, you can use this to call... the navigation system doesn't recognize your home address? That's because of the government haven't update your home area yet... what? Your BlackBerry recognize it?... it's not because of us, it's our map partner didn't deliver...

11-19-14 10:20 AM
    What kind of car is it that has all these incompatibilities?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:21 AM
    Why would you want to do this on a Z10?

While I've ordered a Passport, I'm actually worried this feature will make it less usable in typing for me than Z10. It takes your eyes away from what you're typing... which certainly slows you down.... just as it does on the PlayBook with similar in column prediction.

Posted via CB10
    While it may be difficult at first the reason I encourage people to change this setting on their Z10-Z30 is so they can get used to the in column suggestions. It will save you a lot of time when the passport does arrive.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 10:40 AM
    @aha, I bought a new car too and was worried about connecting my BlackBerry to it. my passport syncs and works beautifully so far with GMC Intellilink '15 GMC Yukon.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:16 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me at AT&T, the guy had no idea about the phone but was impressed and surprised by it. They're so busy pushing the iPhone 6/6+ that they can't see the forest for the trees. Carriers need to ask the customer about needs when it comes to a phone rather than 'Hey, this one is cool!'

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-19-14 11:25 AM
    "It looks nice, but so big"
    "Can it fit in your pocket"
    "What is that"
    "Do Only movie stars use that"
    Rogers customer service call rep..."wow you have the passport, tell me about it"
    Now when I do battle with my cousins, iphone vs blackberry, they can't say anything lol
    I would agree it's more appealing to the males, females are one to comment on the size

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 11:26 AM
    Warlack, why's your avatar picture turned on 3 o'clock?
    11-19-14 11:57 AM
    "It looks nice, but so big"
    "Can it fit in your pocket"
    "What is that"
    "Do Only movie stars use that"
    Rogers customer service call rep..."wow you have the passport, tell me about it"
    Now when I do battle with my cousins, iphone vs blackberry, they can't say anything lol
    I would agree it's more appealing to the males, females are one to comment on the size

Posted via CB10

Can it core a apple?

11-19-14 12:10 PM
    hahaha what car's brand and model was that?
    @galloption @mrimperfect @jlsr Acura MDX... it syncs pretty good actually. He said the Bluetooth music streaming was supposed to be not so good, and suggested me to always plug in, but the Bluetooth actually works great with my Passport... wonder if his Nexus 5 sucked instead the Acura.

Oh yeah, the battery meter of my Passport was also shown on the dash board display, it was a little less than half but it was almost 8PM, he was like, yeah you need to charge your BlackBerry now... I guess half battery can only last a few hours for his Nexus 5.

I don't know, this shows that BlackBerry needs more than a few generations of great phones before it can win back the mind shares they lost. Maybe 4 is the magic number considering that's how much iPhone takes to become a dominating brand. For me I think Z30 and Passport are two generations of great phones, two more to go BlackBerry!

11-19-14 12:22 PM
    Oh yeah, the battery meter of my Passport was also shown on the dash board display, it was a little less than half but it was almost 8PM, he was like, yeah you need to charge your BlackBerry now... I guess half battery can only last a few hours for his Nexus 5.
    hahaha... run! you have only 49% of battery left! quick! recharge! recharge!
    11-19-14 12:27 PM
    Nope a salesperson should be accommodating and not take a gander at your beloved new toys. He should know better to please you in anyways if he's expecting a high grade.

11-19-14 12:44 PM
    Fantastic - good to know. I rent cars all the time and occasionally get an upgrade to a premium vehicle.

So far I have had no issues connecting to Nissan, Hyundai, Ford, Audi, Cadillac, and a few other brands. The only one I haven't liked much are the Chevy systems since the song/track name doesn't show up and the Fwd and Back controls don't seem to work. More of a bb10 issue perhaps as it happened on my Z10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:58 PM
    It's too big, it's ugly, why get a blackberry are all jealous people. At least you know their true character now.
    11-19-14 05:38 PM
    "What? Is it a phone ?!"
    "How does it fit in your pocket "
    "Looks like a mini tablet "
    "What made you buy a BlackBerry "
    "Too big"

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 07:55 PM
    I went to at&t today to get that 15gb for the same price as 10gb. The rep saw my phone he said 'Is that the passport? God I hope we get it here!'

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-19-14 08:44 PM
    Wah very Square
    11-20-14 03:29 AM
    Best one I've gotten.... "bro wtf is that it looks like you can control the stock exchange from that thing!" Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 04:43 PM
    Best one I've gotten.... "bro wtf is that it looks like you can control the stock exchange from that thing!" Hahahaha

Posted via CB10
    This one literally made me laugh out loud.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:19 PM
    Lol
    11-22-14 12:16 AM
    Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:20 AM
1,668 ... 2324252627 ...