I was at the security check and I gently placed my phone in the basket as I made way through the metal detector. Before I even had a chance to grab it from the basket on the other side, the security person quickly beat me to it and picked it up, looked at it, looked at me, handed it over and said 'very nice'.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and keepit dry like this.
    11-15-14 01:11 PM
    I just walked out of an AT&T store, the first rep called two more over...one walked up and said "oh that's one of the old ones huh" until he held it...all three were fascinated by it, but none had ever heard of nor seen it, much less even knew that they were slated to have the US exclusive on it.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-15-14 02:23 PM
    Wife: wow its so wide! Looks premium though.

Sister in Law: that's the ugliest thing I've ever seen (self proclaimed hipster and iPhone fanatic i.e anything apple makes is like magic) but she was impressed with the battery life and capacitive keyboard.

Starbucks batista: Whoa! Nice phone! What is that? I told him it's the best phone I've ever had n it's a blackberry. He said asked if Verizon has it.

Cashier (mid 20's girl): nice, you have the phone I really want!
    Stared at it intently.
    Brother in Law: laughing at the size while barely holding on to his iPhone 6+.

Some people were so intrigued by the passport that they asked to take pictures of it and with it I even had my iPhone 5s buyer ask me afterwards through texts where his friend can get one.

Windermere
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-15-14 02:57 PM
    The guy that set up my sim card seemed surprised but still had a bit of the anti BlackBerry vibe, but he did ask if he could show it to the others in the store.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-15-14 04:01 PM
    I was at the security check and I gently placed my phone in the basket as I made way through the metal detector. Before I even had a chance to grab it from the basket on the other side, the security person quickly beat me to it and picked it up, looked at it, looked at me, handed it over and said 'very nice'.

Posted via CB10
    I assume you're talking about airport security? Did they tell you that they needed to inspect your belongings? Doesn't sound like it. I would have filed a complaint.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-15-14 06:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is why I only take my laptop out of my bag. Although it is still in a padded folder. Everything else, phone, iPad etc stays in my bag when it goes through the metal detector.

Don't like people touching my stuff.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:22 PM
    Had some sort of basketball hipster freak out while I used my Passport to swipe and pay at Tim Hortons yesterday. I honestly have no idea what he said exactly? It was all some sort of slang. By the fake snapping of his fingers while jumping up and down, I think it's safe to say he really liked it.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    spike12, Andy_bb_king and GeoK like this.
    11-15-14 08:05 PM
    I recently did the rounds of tables at an event tonight.
    When I pulled out the Passport to check a calendar entry. A couple of people were amazed. "that's a BlackBerry?" and "wow, BlackBerry is getting things together."

That's great to hear from people.
    Yes, it's big to them, and me, but it works. I told them about spread sheets (not that I really use one, but I know they did) and full page web pages.
    I showed one guy the delete across the keyboard and the up and down scroll.
    Another guy asked me if it dictates? I answered by holding the microphone button, (grey above the point button on screen) and dictated the answer. he was impressed.
    One asked me about shirt pockets, I responded with, "great for suits ( I wasn't wearing one at that moment) but it fits in my shirt pocket....and popped it in the pocket.

Just doing my small part to assist those with less than capable phones.
    11-15-14 09:13 PM
    What is that? Why are you going backwards
    It feels so solid
    Wow so huge
    Slick looking
    Great screen
    Eww that is weird a square
    Wow, let me see it

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-15-14 09:19 PM
    Same here. ,i went to TMO to get a nano Sim card and had trouble getting my Passport back. Today I lost LTE and called TMO support. They confirmed That a tower was out. Then she asked me what phone I was using. I said BlackBerry Passport. Her answer surprised me. She said that TMO would soon start selling BlackBerry phones again now that they know that BlackBerry isn't going out of business. Jim

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:28 PM
    I assume you're talking about airport security? Did they tell you that they needed to inspect your belongings? Doesn't sound like it. I would have filed a complaint.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    It wasn't airport security, it was at an exhibition where they had a couple of metal detectors set up; they didn't even have a rolling belt security. It was just the walk through type and they had a little table right next to it on the outside where you place your personal belongings and you pick up immediately after you walk through. No harm done.
    11-15-14 11:07 PM
    Most people either react really positively or not at all. With my Z10 no one really could grasp that it was a 'new' BlackBerry. Oddly enough now the Passport gets better props as the new BlackBerry even though it is much closer to the older style than the Z10.

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-15-14 11:23 PM
    "How much did it cost?"
    "Why would you spend money on that?"
    "What is that?!"
    "It's a bit wide."
    "Really nice, actually."
    "Why not an iPhone or Galaxy?"

Cause Blackberry is superior. That's why.

Post via BlackBerry Passport, the best damn smartphone thus far.
    11-16-14 12:13 AM
    Wife with a desperate look in the eyes: "ANOTHER BlackBerry?? Well show me what is capable of.. I can see that you really like it" and then waiting for half an hour of explanations about the phone and Blend..

Lol if this is not love..

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like my wife. I am close to wanting a passport even though AT&T can't decide when they will make it a reality.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 03:39 AM
    Most people either react really positively or not at all. With my Z10 no one really could grasp that it was a 'new' BlackBerry. Oddly enough now the Passport gets better props as the new BlackBerry even though it is much closer to the older style than the Z10.

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport
    You raise a good point. I don't recall anyone reacting to my Z10 or Z30. (At least out in public by total strangers) I never look for reactions or even care for that matter. At the same time, it's something BlackBerry desperately needed since the BB10 launch. Now, I doubt BlackBerry created the Passport for this reason, but it has definitely turned out this way. In the end, being so different just may be the reason people have a second look at BlackBerry moving forward? They may not get this device, but at least many will realize BlackBerry is serious about innovation and more importantly is here to stay. This is all a great set up for the Classic launch.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    jupiter8 likes this.
    11-16-14 04:05 AM
    A friend of mine who recently ordered a iPhone 6+ (still waiting for the shipment) noticed more and more of my Passport features (such as the advanced interaction feature), admitted that Apple is behind now in terms of innovation. The only thing he likes about iPhone now is how smooth it runs.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    chew123 likes this.
    11-16-14 06:20 PM
    I was at a birthday dinner at a restaurant downtown casually talking with friends at the table. I was sitting at the corner of the table with my passport placed to the right of me. The restaurant Manager came up to see how things were going and then noticed the passport. He was like omg is that the passport????, can I touch it!!!!. I said sure. As soon as he got his hands on it, he called out the other phones he saw at the table(samsung/iphone/ etc...) and compared it to the passport, he fully did an advertisement speech based on its spec, after he was done he gave me props and said team blackberry, I was like, hell yeah lol. What's funny I had this conversation with friends of ppl asking about this phone just before it just happen hahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    xBURK, tp2386 and Niro Sri like this.
    11-17-14 06:46 PM
    Most common: wow that's big!
    Followed by: is that a phone?
    Another one: is that the new BlackBerry?
    Funniest: does the light of your house flickers when you're charging it?
    Strangest one: at a restaurant one of the waiters comes close ver surprised and ask me if he can hold it and take a picture of it.

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    GeoK and vitalyok like this.
    11-17-14 07:58 PM
    My friend's girlfriend who uses a Galaxy note 3 loved it after she had a go with it but she first asked why another BlackBerry ? And I simply answered: because it's the best mobile OS and I can have all your apps.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer and EsJayDee like this.
    11-17-14 08:12 PM
    At work today a Senior Networks Project Manager (my work is at a major UK TelCo) wandered over and asked what I thought of my Passport. I told him (honestly) how really pleased I am with it. He then said that he'd heard the same from other people he knew. Word is getting about.
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-18-14 01:54 PM
    People are very positive and especially men, women have mixed feellings love or hate

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-18-14 04:25 PM
    I had at least one or two people each week asking about the passport. I gladly hand it to them to feel the weight and comfort. After showing them the speed of keying and the features ava, they are quite impressed.

I love the fun, but if it were less wider and had the 4th row that wasn't digital, that would make this phone king **** hands down.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-18-14 10:37 PM
    My Passport has garnered more attention in a day than my Q10 did in a year. This phone really stands out. Here is how some people reacted:

"That's awesome! This could save blackberry." -Sales guy at AT&T store when I showed him the capacitive keyboard scrolling.
    "What kind of phone is that!? Everybody, look at this phone!" (holds it up for the table to see) -Friend at a birthday party.
    "Can I take a picture of that? My friend always says she misses her blackberry." -Co-worker.
    "Dude, that's huge. Are you going to carry that around with you?" -A bunch of people

Anyone else's Passport attracting attention?

Unfortunately I have not received any positive comments so far.

"Is that a calculator?"
    "How can that thing possibly fit in your pocket?"
    "Eww that BlackBerry is pretty ugly looking."
    "You wasted your money."

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-18-14 10:55 PM
    I had at least one or two people each week asking about the passport. I gladly hand it to them to feel the weight and comfort. After showing them the speed of keying and the features ava, they are quite impressed.

I love the fun, but if it were less wider and had the 4th row that wasn't digital, that would make this phone king **** hands down.

Posted via CB10
    Sad thing is I will buy this phone and some time next year they will announce passport 2 with the mentioned additions.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:06 PM
    I live in a large US city and no one has given it a second look. When I had other phones I would leave them in my pocket when I sat down at a bar etc. but this thing gets uncomfortable. So it is out and able to be seen all the time with me and no one cares.

Coworkers haven't cared. Went to a party for Halloween and no one cared.

I even had to go into T-Mobile and no one there said a word about it... of all places you think they would say something.

So I won't call bull**** on the posts here but I do think some of these are just some weird way of justifying purchases to themselves.
    I sort of agree with you. Aside from the almost roasting I got at work by my collegues and family no one else has bothered with saying anything and I travel quite a bit in the US.

Oh wait the TMO guy who gave me the nano SIM was all over it. That's the only positive and thrilled reaction I've seen but happened to be a fellow crackberry addict.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:08 PM
1,668 ... 2223242526 ...