Finally saw one in the wild yesterday on the NYC subway. Everyone around this girl was looking at the phone with much intrigue.

Unfortunately I was 20-30 feet away so I couldn't get a glimpse up close but damn from afar, it sticks out like a sore thumb. In a good way though, it's a damn sexy looking phone.

Now I just need a paycheck or two so I can afford that $599 price tag. F**k the US Carriers for making me have to wait.
    mauro316 likes this.
    11-06-14 12:05 PM
    Finally saw one in the wild yesterday on the NYC subway. Everyone around this girl was looking at the phone with much intrigue.

Unfortunately I was 20-30 feet away so I couldn't get a glimpse up close but damn from afar, it sticks out like a sore thumb. In a good way though, it's a damn sexy looking phone.

Now I just need a paycheck or two so I can afford that $599 price tag. F**k the US Carriers for making me have to wait.
    pics of girl so we can determine what was being stared at.
    Evindzer and mauro316 like this.
    11-06-14 01:43 PM
    pics of girl so we can determine what was being stared at.
    Ha, cute blond but I was much more enamored with the phone at that point.
    11-06-14 02:26 PM
    Ha, cute blond but I was much more enamored with the phone at that point.
    Really? My friend, your priorities are entirely wrong!

Posted via CB10
    ngc, mauro316 and power5 like this.
    11-06-14 03:51 PM
    well, i decided to open my passport last night (long story) and today i went to the t-mobile store to get the nano sim card... i had my phone in my pocket, didn't want to bring attention to me... the store manager asked me if i needed the nano sim card for an iphone, i said: no, for a BB... he said: do they use nano cards? and i said: yes, the new one... he then went to the back of the store to get me one sim card and then, i pulled out the phone from my pocket... he immediately asked: is that the new bb passport, right? and i said: yes, i just got it yesterday... i had problem opening it the sim card slot and he helped me... then, asked me to take a picture of it... he showed it to the other rep in the store which was funny but was between surprised about the device and like a bit scared to touch it (i guess because it looks big and expensive)... they asked me where did i get it from, how much i paid etc... when i used the physical kb as a touch pad, they both were amazed, saying that it's a cool feature... the store manager told me that it was huge, but after holding it for a while, he said: you know what, it's not as big as you think it is... and i totally agreed with this, because that was my reaction yesterday and today, it doesn't look as big as i thought it was yesterday... on the other hand, using a physical kb again is a dream comes true... even when the Z30 has an excellent virtual kb, nothing as a button to press... for me it's like return back to my mother ship using a physical kb again... let' see how it works for me, need to learn all the new tricks with the kb... something i realized right away, at least comparing to my Z30, it's that the touch screen doesn't seem to be as responsive as my previous phone... i am wondering if this is because of the factory screen protector that comes with it, but i still have the same protector on my Z30 and don't have any problem swiping etc... also, it's harder to make a swipe from bottom bezel up... at least for me has been swing and miss many times... i guess i need to find the right spot to do this...
    Coming from Z30 has same experience with you about the touch screen but after a week I was used with it and no more issues to swipe up etc Just need little time to get used with the sensitivity of the new device. I remember was a bit similar when I had switched from Z10 to Z30.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-08-14 01:38 PM
    Most of my collegues were impressed. Really. But surprisingly even wife said it looks cool and solid

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 02:31 PM
    Yes, I can finally post a reaction as well. I am currently living in Greece and yesterday I went to the cinema to watch Interstellar (great movie by the way). I had my tickets on an email on the phone and the hostess came to scan them. As soon as she noticed the mighty Passport she told me - and I quote - "wow, that's a really nice phone!".. I'm pretty sure it is the first time a stranger makes an appreciation on my phone, although I know I have owned some flagship device in the past. Well done Passport!
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-08-14 03:32 PM
    While tapping to pay, the girl asks "hey how'd you do that?'' I responded it was the latest blackberry and its phenominal as I passed it to her to check out. Her response was that she used to have a blackberry and now uses iphone but the blackberry passport is really cool.
    11-08-14 03:52 PM
    I've heard about this happening to others But was skeptical. Till yesterday. Walking through a mall BBMing with my brand new Passport to meet up with my family and some guy stops me and shouts "wow! What is THAT? Is that the new BlackBerry?? Awesome phone, man"

Huh.

Posted via CB10
    kevets and Evindzer like this.
    11-09-14 07:11 AM
    Finally got a response from a complete stranger, and this from a kid! I live in KL, Malaysia, and my and the wife took a bus ride. Behind us were 4 malay would be punk kids at around 12-14 years. They were sitting in the rear seats, making typical teenager I-wanna-sound-tough noise.
    I was just reading news on my PP, scrolling up and down on the keyboard. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that some of them were looking at me and suddenly one of the boys tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and looked at him. He then grinned and pointed at my phone and said 'Very niiiice!' in genuine admiration and gave me a thumbs up.
    I played it cool but I was really taken a back! Such a young kid admiring my grown-up PP. Lol! Made my day.

Posted via CB10
    PonyCrazyKid and Alvin Loh like this.
    11-09-14 07:55 AM
    Are you carrying a phone booth?
    I thought BlackBerry had disappeared.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    Evindzer and EsJayDee like this.
    11-09-14 01:41 PM
    tbh i have had no reaction at all, I don't think people tend to care about what phone you are carrying as much over here in the UK maybe.
    11-09-14 01:44 PM
    Q10 is a more usable phone in public. The Passport borders on being a tablet imo. I miss my Q10, but I'm enjoying the Passport too.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    That

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Passport
    11-09-14 01:45 PM
    Best reaction so far...

I was on an Air Canada flight this morning and the plane had just pushed back from the gate. FA1 comes down the aisle and looks at my Passport in my hands and says, "woah, you've actually got one!" So we chatted briefly and I found out that both her and her colleague (FA2) have Z10s and they really like them. She leaves by saying, "I will have to get my colleague to stop by."

Fast forward to after drink service, both FAs stop by and engage me in a 15 minute chat while I show them the features and we pine about BB10, the company, the hardware, etc. It was a really cool conversation. FA2 kept wondering if his wife would let him get one, while FA1 was very interested in the capacitive keyboard and whether there were cases available.

Now...for those of you about to make a snide remark about AC's in flight service, I will say this... the DH-Q400 was about 1/4 full and there was nobody beside me.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    xBURK, Evindzer and Gvo1975 like this.
    11-10-14 09:47 AM
    "Wow, another phone? You have too many phones."
    -34 year old

"Wtf is that?"
    -17 year old

"Hmm that's a blackberry. Looks like they finally simplified the keyboard" - T-Mobile sales manager

"Wow, a blackberry. Is this new?.........does it come in white?"
    -T-Mobile sales associate

"Omgosh uncle Phillip, your phone is so cool"
    -11 year old niece

"Phill your phone is so cool"
    -8 year old boy

"Another phone? Seriously? That's a blackberry? The screen is so big!"
    36 year old sister

"Stupid. It's ugly. IPhone is better than that sh!&"
    -boss

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    thymaster, xBURK, Searchy and 3 others like this.
    11-10-14 10:50 AM
    "Stupid. It's ugly. IPhone is better than that sh!&"
    -boss
    I like it how iPhone defenders almost always haven't anything more to say than "it's ugly". And it's even a boss. Why do iPhones sell better in the enterprise again? Because they're better tools, right?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:28 AM
    It's not a phone... it's a piano! -Jealous friend #1
    It looks like a calculator! - Jealous friend #2
    Holy Cow! It's huge - that's what she said.

I make my Tim Hortons and Starbucks payments thru my phone and every time I pull it out, baristas always smile and complement it.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:01 AM
    yesterday at the gym... i use the gym app (android port) to have my bar code to access the gym... when i put my phone in front of the bar reader the person at the front desk (lady in her 45-55) said...

she: wao, that's a very nice phone
    me: thanks!
    she: what's it?
    me: it's one of the new BB phones, passport is its name
    she: that is so cool
    me: yes, i don't like typing on glass, too many mistake, so having a kb is heaven for me
    she: yes, i hate that too
    me (showing at this point the phone features): look at this (then i used the kb as a trackpad)
    she: wao, that's amazing, i like it, and you also can use the touch screen?
    me: yes
    she: wao
    me: well, look for them on internet, sadly here in USA carriers don't like BB much and you won't find it in any store but you can buy one unlocked
    she: ok, thanks for the info, what's the name again?
    me: BB passport

many times when i am using the phone in public, i've seen a reaction to it, like trying to identify what am i using... they haven't stopped me to ask but i see the phone gets noticed...
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-13-14 08:09 AM
    Holy crap!....why not get a phablet? As that person pulls out his iphone4 and puts on reading glasses to read a new email.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-13-14 10:23 AM
    Holy crap!....why not get a phablet? As that person pulls out his iphone4 and puts on reading glasses to read a new email.

Posted via CB10
    In a way I guess the passport could be called a phablet.

It just happens to have the best OS on the market.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 10:49 AM
    My Passport made its first poker tournament appearance last night. No comments but a couple long glances. Mind you the tables I was at had all the hard core serious types, not much idle talk.

Posted via CB10
    WilliamLimKS likes this.
    11-13-14 11:08 AM
    13 days gone with this Passport, those who sees it get seizes, though my PP don't drag people's to take a new passport, but lots and loads of whos and wows, I live in a remote countryside, where people are happy with less costly phones, it has happened with me before also, because I was the first one to have Z10, Q10 and Z30 in my area.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:33 AM
    This thing really screams for attention. A year and a half with my Z10 and never someone asked me about my phone - no surprise there really!

After five weeks with Passport, not only in my office, but almost every where I go, people would want to know what I am using. Even at Victoria Secret store (waiting for my wife) a few girls came up to me and asked what kind of a phone is that! So far, I converted two switching from iPhone and Andriod to BB10 Passport. These two are my friends so I know they did switch :-)

Cheers.
    Evindzer, Rolandxiii and Alvin Loh like this.
    11-14-14 10:01 AM
    Most people thinks it's hideous but loves the trackpad keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:50 AM
    Till now after 2 days experience, I can describe my experience with passport in following 3 situations:

1. Comedy Situation: At the time of clearance from the post office, the custom officer was firstly shocked to see passport. Even more shocked when I told I won it for free. He was not able to hold the device properly. He was continuously staring at the device.

2. Tense Situation: My brother and I had dispute over who will take it. Ended at point when he said ok take it.

3. Proud Situation: When I went to a local BlackBerry outlet to buy some accessories, probably each and every customer were staring at my passport. One asked me the name and asked for let him try. I was like no, but gave it for few seconds. And seriously never before got so much good importance from the shop guys before. Inspite of crowd at the store, I was attended by 2 shop guys.

I think, this is just the starting. Many more interesting situations are waiting for me in the future.
    11-15-14 01:05 PM
1,668 ... 2122232425 ...