For sure there's a mix of reactions...I've had numerous 'non' reactions (interestingly most recently at a T-Mo store in Asheville...not a blink...but I've also had some really enthusiastic responses. So I assure you, this is not all BS, but it's not like the Passport is changing the world...it's still just a phone in the end...many people just don't care.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-03-14 07:00 AM
    I get it. Yes, I've had comments and responded, and I've had to give quick demos. But you're absolutely right: very often no one gives a damn. It's another phone in a world of mobile devices. And while we may love BlackBerry, others just see smartphones as means to an end and not really care much about the device. I've stood in line at Sbux, emailing away, and no one has said a thing. When I opened my MAKE app to pay, again, no comment. So, there's a balance of responses I guess.
    Download the Starbucks android app. You won't want to open MAKE again.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Outrunner likes this.
    11-03-14 07:07 AM
    Can't find starbucks app from amazon store, did you get it from elsewhere ?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 07:22 AM
    Download the Starbucks android app. You won't want to open MAKE again.

I like both apps, but I like how the MAKE app finds locations while the android Starbucks require google services.....
    11-03-14 07:47 AM
    Can't find starbucks app from amazon store, did you get it from elsewhere ?

Posted via CB10
    Ah, sorry. Got it from Snap.

Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-03-14 09:12 AM
    'wow, can I see that? That's a BlackBerry? '

After showing him the cool scrolling keypad and the hub

'that new president guy is doing a good job, they have a chance now.' and he went on rambling about how much he doesn't like the iPhone anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-03-14 01:16 PM
    I live in a large US city and no one has given it a second look. When I had other phones I would leave them in my pocket when I sat down at a bar etc. but this thing gets uncomfortable. So it is out and able to be seen all the time with me and no one cares.

Coworkers haven't cared. Went to a party for Halloween and no one cared.

I even had to go into T-Mobile and no one there said a word about it... of all places you think they would say something.

So I won't call bull**** on the posts here but I do think some of these are just some weird way of justifying purchases to themselves.
    Mabey it has to do with marketing? I live in Toronto and it's hard to go through a day without noticing some sort of advertisement. Billboards, TV Spots, News Print, Massive Displays etc.... Come to think of it, I've only encountered a few asking who makes that. Everyone else starts with "Is that the new BlackBerry or Passport ?" At any rate, i've never thought of taking mental notes of reactions to justify my purchase. I tend to think many on Crackberry want to know for the obvious reasons. Is the device too strange? Will the Passport sell well? Will such an odd device to some finally be the device to helps change the brutal perception of this company? Etc...etc... Reactions are just a way to gauge any of these questions.

As I believe you having had no reactions, I also believe the posts in this thread. I wrote a few weeks ago about hiding my Passport while in a rush. That has not changed. Actually, it's gotten worse. I honestly went from a Z30 that generated no interest, to not a day without one for the Passport.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 11-03-14 at 08:16 PM.
    torco3 likes this.
    11-03-14 06:47 PM
    Today my phone went up and down the trading desk, with people wanting to see/play with it....
    Mr BBRY and redcubicle like this.
    11-03-14 07:07 PM

So I won't call bull**** on the posts here but I do think some of these are just some weird way of justifying purchases to themselves.
    Then you have, in fact, called BS on the posts here, and your claim not to be doing so is BS.

Even so, although I have three posts in this thread, I've had the Passport over a month now, and beyond those three incidents there's been nothing else special. I've had the Passport out where people could see it countless other times, with no reaction.

You just never know.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-03-14 07:18 PM
    Then you have, in fact, called BS on the posts here, and your claim not to be doing so is BS.

Even so, although I have three posts in this thread, I've had the Passport over a month now, and beyond those three incidents there's been nothing else special. I've had the Passport out where people could see it countless other times, with no reaction.

You just never know.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Doesn't matter returned mine and went back to my Q10 today.
    11-03-14 07:23 PM
    Went to a local leather shop to see if I can find a proper carrying case for my passport. The owner of the shop came to me and asked what device I have so he can customize a case for me etc. I flashed my phone and he asked me if that was BlackBerry, he said it's a device that he has never seen; unlike most other BlackBerry's with rounded corners. I told him it is the latest BlackBerry flagship and he seemed overwhelmed by the screen size. He then asked if it requires a special subscription to have BlackBerry service, and I explained everything I know to him. Anyhow, it was a pleasant chat that actually someone recognized it's a BlackBerry; it's probably due to the physical keyboard. I got his card and probably will go to him to have a customized case with sleep/wake feature.

BlackBerry Passport
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-03-14 08:18 PM
    I just bought a second passport and I'm still loving it!
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141031_134746.jpg

BBM: 2BE320B5 IG: iinkmywholebodiie
    11-03-14 08:53 PM
    My friends thought it's a calculator and one of my colleagues even commented that I'm bringing my personal computer around!

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-03-14 10:31 PM
    I saw my first passport in the wild today. The guy was sitting in front of me on the bus. I said "sorry to bother you but how do you like the passport? " he kinda looks at me funny and says "it's good" then turns and looks out the window. Pretty disappointing being the first time I actually saw someone with it. I was hoping for at least some sort of response from someone who has used it. W/e

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-04-14 08:16 AM
    The usual ones: it's huge! It's kinda heavy!
    But right after they see the huge brilliant screen they can't help finding it beautiful and ask for the price.
    I'm getting used to it but I understand people's confusion when it comes to the keyboard and its narrow space-bar.
    Great phablet but still can't decide to ditch the Q10, really a great phone too!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 08:25 AM
    I just bought a second passport and I'm still loving it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141031_134746.jpg 
Views:	2319 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	311925

BBM: 2BE320B5 IG: iinkmywholebodiie
    Lucky you. But why two?

posted via my Z30
    11-04-14 12:52 PM
    This ^^^

ZZwiped up on my Z10!
    11-04-14 01:03 PM
    The trackpad better be awesome on that Classic. It has a chance of scooping up a lot of people that have held off upgrading for years and years.
    11-04-14 01:45 PM
    The trackpad better be awesome on that Classic. It has a chance of scooping up a lot of people that have held off upgrading for years and years.
    If they made the physical keyboard on the Passport work so well as a track pad, I think we're good.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-04-14 09:57 PM
    Random stranger ask me if its a phone.
    11-04-14 10:46 PM
    Got my passport today from amazon. First thing I noticed was it was much wider than I even expected. Slowly getting used to the physical keyboard again but it's easier than I expected. Still getting used to typing numbers and symbols since it feels different going from tactile feedback to glass screen.

Stopped by att to get a nano sim. First thing the rep asked me was "what is that phone?". He didn't think blackberry sold phones still, this coming from a rep who had been selling phones for 8 years. Just goes to show how att and the other major carriers have stopped supporting blackberry. Not a single blackberry in the store. Surprisingly he knew all the gestures of the bb10. He claimed to remember it from the z10 training days.

Fast forward to dinner at Hooters. The waitress and her trainee who seated me were honestly intrigued by the phone and asked to see it. Told her it was the new blackberry and they were quite surprised as well.

I am honestly quite surprised at the level of interest this phone is generating from strangers. Never had that happen with any blackberry previously. It brings a smile to my face to see blackberry piquing consumer interest again.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and Searchy like this.
    11-05-14 01:28 AM
    Lucky you. But why two?

posted via my Z30
    I don't get why you would want two of the same phone? Anyway why not buy two more then you could make square foursome shape of the phone ^^

Posted via CB10
    Searchy and Evindzer like this.
    11-05-14 12:12 PM
    I don't get why you would want two of the same phone? Anyway why not buy two more then you could make square foursome shape of the phone ^^

Posted via CB10
    Someone please do this, it needs to be done!

Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    Evindzer and LyoobaBerry like this.
    11-05-14 10:15 PM
    well, i decided to open my passport last night (long story) and today i went to the t-mobile store to get the nano sim card... i had my phone in my pocket, didn't want to bring attention to me... the store manager asked me if i needed the nano sim card for an iphone, i said: no, for a BB... he said: do they use nano cards? and i said: yes, the new one... he then went to the back of the store to get me one sim card and then, i pulled out the phone from my pocket... he immediately asked: is that the new bb passport, right? and i said: yes, i just got it yesterday... i had problem opening it the sim card slot and he helped me... then, asked me to take a picture of it... he showed it to the other rep in the store which was funny but was between surprised about the device and like a bit scared to touch it (i guess because it looks big and expensive)... they asked me where did i get it from, how much i paid etc... when i used the physical kb as a touch pad, they both were amazed, saying that it's a cool feature... the store manager told me that it was huge, but after holding it for a while, he said: you know what, it's not as big as you think it is... and i totally agreed with this, because that was my reaction yesterday and today, it doesn't look as big as i thought it was yesterday... on the other hand, using a physical kb again is a dream comes true... even when the Z30 has an excellent virtual kb, nothing as a button to press... for me it's like return back to my mother ship using a physical kb again... let' see how it works for me, need to learn all the new tricks with the kb... something i realized right away, at least comparing to my Z30, it's that the touch screen doesn't seem to be as responsive as my previous phone... i am wondering if this is because of the factory screen protector that comes with it, but i still have the same protector on my Z30 and don't have any problem swiping etc... also, it's harder to make a swipe from bottom bezel up... at least for me has been swing and miss many times... i guess i need to find the right spot to do this...
    11-06-14 10:45 AM
    I gave my old Z10 to my granddaughter for her birthday (she's 13) and we did a BBM video chat on her birthday. My partner, a lover of all things Apple, was looking on. He couldn't believe how smooth the chat was, the size of the screen, the resolution and the quality of the sound. My granddaughter said it was WAY better than Skype. Not one lost frame and crystal clear sound. Kallie, like most girls her age, loves being able respond to one text while another comes in (multi-tasking).

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-06-14 11:13 AM
1,668 ... 2021222324 ...