Hey guys, I'm putting together a few Q&A's for the official BlackBerry Blogs. Anyone want to participate? Looking for people who have the Passport and have been using it for at least a few days, and who wouldn't mind sending me some shots of them with their phone (possibly in a work environment).

Respond here are email me at bbmarcomwriter at gmail.com.

Thanks,

-Matt Young
    Check out the latest post on the Inside BlackBerry blog

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-16-14 07:49 AM
    Another reaction story: Last night I was at a meeting of parents of older children on the autism spectrum. As usual, people had their phones out on the table. I don't usually do this, by the way; I usually keep the phone in my pocket. But it seems to be normal these days for people in restaurants, at meetings, etc., to put their phones on the table in front of them. For no particular reason, last night I put my Passport out there too.

ANYWAY, people started talking about their phones. They were almost all iPhones, and they were talking about them because a number of them had new ones. It was interesting to me that they had all bought new iPhone 5s when the 6 came out, taking advantage of the price drop (they said) and trade-in value of their iPhone 4s. One had gone from 5c to 5s.

I didn't really say much of anything. I was busy looking up something having to do with the actual business of the meeting. The person next to me asked, "That's the BlackBerry...tablet?"

"Passport." I handed it to her to have a look.

"Very nice. This screen is incredible. It's like having an iPad in your pocket! OMG that keyboard! I love that!"

She handed it back to me and asked one more question. "Can you use that to make phone calls?"

"Um, yes. It's a phone, in fact." To prove it, I brought up the phone screen. At this point, everybody wanted to see it.

Obviously, these people buying last year's iPhones at discount aren't tuned into the latest tech. Still, I thought it was interesting that their first reaction was that the Passport was some kind of mini-tablet; they didn't initially see it as a phone at all.
    10-16-14 08:05 AM
    I'm in a little slice of BlackBerry heaven today. I'm babysitting a Passport for a sales rep who had to have surgery. She said I was the only she could leave it with who would understand it. Lol.

Anyway, everyone at the office has at first thought I got one too, then asked how I like the keyboard (I'm in love btw), then commented on how big it is. I just keep mentioning how good it is for documents, which as sales reps, they have to deal with a lot.

I think I've gotten another couple of converts.

Just wish I could try blend. I suppose I could try to figure out her BlackBerry id - actually I probably set it up for once upon a time - but it seems a bit invasive.

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141016_102937.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:32 PM
    Yes, it's hard to explain Blend in a few words, and I'm almost never in a position to demonstrate it. Anyone who ever owned a Danger SideKick will understand exactly what it's about, but there aren't too many of them around. The best I've been able to do is say to people, "It lets me keep my phone on my computer screen." That's still a bit puzzling to them, but it gets the idea across.
    Vorkosigan, Evindzer and Sulaco757 like this.
    10-16-14 01:38 PM
    Yes, it's hard to explain Blend in a few words, and I'm almost never in a position to demonstrate it. Anyone who ever owned a Danger SideKick will understand exactly what it's about, but there aren't too many of them around. The best I've been able to do is say to people, "It lets me keep my phone on my computer screen." That's still a bit puzzling to them, but it gets the idea across.
    Before I explain Blend to anyone I ask, "How many times do you think you pick up your smart phone while at a home or work computer?" After they answer, I ask "How would you like to only pick it up for calls in the future?" It usually Steam Rolls from there. I now have a few colleges seriously looking into BlackBerry 10 right now. These are the same people who laughed them off for years.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    10-16-14 06:30 PM
    So, I was not expecting my Passport for a few more days. It definitely made for a great Friday when it showed up on my desk. Although, I believe our courier now thinks I have a few issues.

Quickly Thoughts:
    - Perfect Weight
    - Yes, Perfect Size
    - A Screen Crispness Beyond Description
    - Quality Look and Feel Like No Other

So, as per this thread, I stopped into a variety store along the way home after work. I had my daughter in one arm and the Passport box in the other. The only word visible was 'BlackBerry' on the side of the box. First words out of the store clerk? "Is that the new Passport"? I could not help but think of this thread at the time.

When you think of how the public went from complete disinterest to genuine curiosity for BlackBerry over night , it's a remarkable achievement in itself.

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-1413589007009_566082.jpeg

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    10-17-14 06:37 PM
    When you think of how the public went from complete disinterest to genuine curiosity for BlackBerry over night , it's a remarkable achievement in itself.
    Considering that BlackBerry did more or less no advertising, looks like the audacity of the design that got people talking seems to have done the trick.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    LoneStarRed and xBURK like this.
    10-17-14 11:01 PM
    The past week there have been a lot more people looking at the phone. Just today a Samsung Note user said he would upgrade to the Passport because I showed him the screen size and keyboard.

I have the BlackBerry OEM hard shell as the protective case, and people seem to love that the case is so thin and protective while keeping the phone looking sleek.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt and thymaster like this.
    10-18-14 02:29 PM
    I have another one.

I was at Whole Foods, sitting at the counter having a sandwich. The guy next to me had an iPhone 5 out on the counter, plugged in and charging (wall-hugger). Intending to read a Kindle book while I ate, I took the Passport out of my shirt pocket and set it on the counter, about a foot away from his iPhone. He looked at it and said, "Now that's a phone."

Reminiscent of...
    Gilda675, vgorous, laserx and 5 others like this.
    10-18-14 03:06 PM
    "Looks like a TV" (positive comment)

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:09 PM
    I have gotten all the usual "what is that?" or "how do you carry that around?". Even someone asked me if it was a new mini tablet. But the best reaction that made me chuckle was when someone got super excited about it because they thought they relaunched the original Game Boy.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:50 PM
    With wonder and amazement. And almost always the obligatory "holy sh!t, that's huge!"
    10-18-14 06:57 PM
    Loads of reactions here.

Guy at work every time he sees it says "how do you cope with that?!"
    At first it was funny, now it's just plain boring, so I told him so. Ha.

A girl came over to my desk to ask a work question and mid way through she saw the Passport on my desk and stopped dead and went "oh my god what is that?!" She then proceeded to pick it up and go "oh I love Blackberry's! I used to love mine, this is so cool!"
    I then said, well nearly everyone else keeps saying it's too big! She responded with "well it's only coz it's wide! The new iPhones are reallylong so this is just the opposite!"
    She's only like 22 this girl, so I was massively impressed that she came out with that last statement!

A few others have likened my passport to a calculator, which is fine I guess ha.

Another guy in work who sits behind me is buying one this weekend if he can. He does a degree on the side of work and he is not techy in the slightest. He's the same age as me (26) and is rocking the most horrible Nokia from like 8 years ago. Thing doesn't even have Internet on it! But he's not into social stuff at all.

Anyway, when he saw my Passport, he was mighty impressed. Really loved the big screen, the keypad, trackpad functions and docs to go. Perfect for a guy like him really.
    Looking forward to seeing if he manages to get hold of one!

So yeah, pretty positive reactions overall.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 05:37 AM
    Personally I don't own a passport yet and at work there are 2 galaxy s5, a nexus 5, 1 iphone 5s and they all complain about the network coverage. One of my colleagues who has 2 iphone 4s wonder why seems that I don't have any problem with the network. I showed him my z30 then play the video from YouTube about the Passport and lo and behold he's impressed and decided to order one from the US and it's coming next month through his friend. Finally, I converted one without even owning a Passport

Posted via CB10
    Niro Sri likes this.
    10-19-14 06:41 AM
    How can a person that works at a Smartphone store doesn't know a certain brand makes phones??? shouldn't they be the most informed? I wonder how well they can advise people on each device.
    Not to belittle any job, but people that work in phone stores are drones; worker bees...they don't exactly take their work home and do employment related research to offer the best competitive value to their clients! They are paid to sell iPlops and that's all they do.

CB10/Z10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-19-14 07:15 AM
    My co-worker was like "what is that?Is that a new BlackBerry!?!" and when do I get to play with it!?

I was very firm and basically said that I DO NOT ever let anyone touch my new devices as I can't chance an accidental drop.

Once I had a brand new torch and as I was coming around the corner my VERY fat co-worker walked past me and his hip knocked my phone onto a concrete floor. Ever since that incident anyone that handles my devices tends to drop them, coincidence!? Not sure but nobody touches my new devices! I resell my cell devices and buyers are always concerned about pristine cosmetic conditions.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-21-14 at 09:09 AM.
    TODZ10 and Evindzer like this.
    10-19-14 07:16 AM
    Please keep this thread going.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:53 AM
    I am a Barber / Hairstylist in Orangeville, just as a client sat down his blackberry rang, and out of his shirt pocket came THE PASSPORT. I dropped my comb and said wow! That is the coolest phone I've seen. I asked how he likes it, and his reply was best phone ever.

Z10
    10-19-14 09:03 AM
    Loving this beast everyday more!!!
    So far all reactions have been very positive!!

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_0338_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    thymaster, jakie55 and geo1nah2a like this.
    10-19-14 09:44 AM
    "Wait, that's a phone? Like a phone you can hold to your face?"

Followed by astonishment at the existence of flick typing on the keyboard and being able to scroll through web pages using the keyboard.
    10-19-14 10:30 AM
    Another reaction story: Last night I was at a meeting of parents of older children on the autism spectrum. As usual, people had their phones out on the table. I don't usually do this, by the way; I usually keep the phone in my pocket. But it seems to be normal these days for people in restaurants, at meetings, etc., to put their phones on the table in front of them. For no particular reason, last night I put my Passport out there too.

ANYWAY, people started talking about their phones. They were almost all iPhones, and they were talking about them because a number of them had new ones. It was interesting to me that they had all bought new iPhone 5s when the 6 came out, taking advantage of the price drop (they said) and trade-in value of their iPhone 4s. One had gone from 5c to 5s.

I didn't really say much of anything. I was busy looking up something having to do with the actual business of the meeting. The person next to me asked, "That's the BlackBerry...tablet?"

"Passport." I handed it to her to have a look.

"Very nice. This screen is incredible. It's like having an iPad in your pocket! OMG that keyboard! I love that!"

She handed it back to me and asked one more question. "Can you use that to make phone calls?"

"Um, yes. It's a phone, in fact." To prove it, I brought up the phone screen. At this point, everybody wanted to see it.

Obviously, these people buying last year's iPhones at discount aren't tuned into the latest tech. Still, I thought it was interesting that their first reaction was that the Passport was some kind of mini-tablet; they didn't initially see it as a phone at all.
    Sorry is you already know this, but I just noticed you were mentioned in a 'Inside BlackBerry' article.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/10/...nOnStreetBlog|

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 10-20-14 at 12:24 AM.
    10-19-14 11:51 PM
    After demonstrating the features of my PP to some of my officemates (mostly iOS users) they were really blowned away by it.
    Then there's this guy who always carry his iPad air with him wherever he go side commented that it was a really a huge phone and don't want to carry it all the time.. then I told him that he's iPad his much bigger than the PP and yet he always carry it around..
    LoneStarRed, Evindzer and EsJayDee like this.
    10-20-14 05:25 AM
    Well my girlfriend has been a huge fan of the Lumia flagships. She loved the 800 and she is with windows phone since the Lumia first generation. She recently got herself a 925 and absolutely adores it. It's like her dream phone. I tried giving her my Z10 to use but she didn't like it much. When she saw my Passport, with every passing moment, with every new feature I bragged about. She kept loving it :P finally she was like, damn. I just found a phone prettier and better than mine. I was so happy. worth spending 50 K. From Pune, India

Posted via CB10
    xBURK, Evindzer and awindsr like this.
    10-20-14 05:56 AM
    Sorry is you already know this, but I just noticed you were mentioned in a 'Inside BlackBerry' article.
    What Does the Man on the Street Think of the BlackBerry Passport? | Inside BlackBerry

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Yeah, but that photo is ten years old. I didn't have anything newer taken in my office, so he used that. When it was taken I was almost certainly using a SideKick, but don't tell anyone.
    xBURK likes this.
    10-20-14 07:35 AM
    Oh boy...
    Just got a Q10 starting to feel bad, should have wait for the passport!

Posted via CB10
    You have a a great no nonsense communicating device.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:40 AM
1,668 ... 1617181920 ...