They have the physical trackpad for that instead of the virtual trackpad on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:40 PM
    And in my opinion it's a pretty big negative. It takes your eyes off of where you're typing.

I'm hoping I get used to it. But after two weeks of heavy use... honestly... I was much faster on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. Well maybe I can get used to it. But I'm pretty fast on my Z30 especially because of the many word prediction and keep swiping....

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:08 PM
    That's the best of all the responses

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    AMEN TO THAT!!! my primary carrier is Sprint, I just bought an unlocked sweet 9900 and will hook it up on ATT or TMO, but they're at the local Walmart and every time I have called, it goes to VM - I mean, WTF? I want a Passport. the only BB you can get at Sprint is to special order the Q10 and unless the 9900's call quality and speakerphone totally suck worse than my 4s running POS iOS7, I don't want to sign up with them for two more years at Xmas time, not even for a zeroed out Q10 (two more years???? oy). I just want a Passport and a phone with good call quality and great speakerphone so I can record interviews. sigh

I want a Passport so badly, I'm like jonesing big-time and I live organic and holistic, no drugs, no GMOs - OMG, what's happening to me??????? (love it)
    thymaster likes this.
    10-13-14 05:09 PM
    [QUOTE=Coraya;10964271]Don't say things like this. It gives others, like me, ideas. Ideas to use a credit card to buy an unlocked phone for $800+. A phone that will cost $250 on amazon year from now. I couldn't deal with the depreciation.

AND YET, it's a bright shiny thing that works fantabulously, serves as a work tool, has great sound, will empower me in so many ways with my work - but the downside is losing a gig because of ethics/integrity and taking a serious hit in income... still trying to recover, trying not to go totally ape-s*** about getting a passport, but I want one of these babies, and if I have to wait a year, amen - but I also believe in miracles and hope springs eternal and blah blabh WAAAAAAAAAH I want one for work. not gaming, not for apps. for work. peace of mind is worth the price to avoid the stress of POS devices.
    thymaster likes this.
    10-13-14 05:22 PM
    It is like you working at McD and not knowing all the companies that make hamburger buns. Unless you actually sell all the brands there is no incentive to know/learn them all.
    That is still BlackBerry's main issue, most carriers globally just don't have any personal attachment to the company anymore.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    totally disagree - knowing the menu, familiarity with ingredients, that counts if you work at McD's or any restaurant. You don't have to know the food suppliers of the buns, come on! And yet, this lack of knowledge of product when people are in retail sales (sales being the operative word) is a symptom of incompetence in the workforce. I walked into ATT to find out rates for lovely unlocked 9900 and the store manager told me he didn't think they would carry the Passport!!! OMG but he knew about their stock and he knew about plans and told me what I needed to know about signing up the 9900 which I bought for here and for GSM when out of country for work now and then, because last summer it was BB Bold to the rescue! in remote Kenya, solar power, dish, but the only device (laptop, tablet, mobile phone) to get a signal and its owner had card reader and boom, two word docs zip-zip-buzz out of macbook into BB, and winging back to US...

Anyhow, there aren't that many phones in these stores, not really. How difficult is it to wander around, to handle, to read reviews, to be aware that if someone wants good call quality and speakers that the iPhone might disappoint (being charitable). BB Q10 is alleged to have great sound. Mixed reviews on 9900. I'm hopeful. I can bite my nails and wait. but there are two things that diss me when I go to spend money anywhere: do not treat me as if I'm invisible and don't waste my time not knowing what you sell - if you don't know, ask someone or look it up or get a job that doesn't require customer service!!!!

Nothing personal, MrGlenn or any other crackberry enthusiasts who agree with you. Just saying...
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 10-13-14 at 06:05 PM. Reason: forgot to say what happened in ATT when I walked in for info about signing up with 9900 - inserted that where it belongs.
    10-13-14 05:44 PM
    I went to my local T-Mobile corporate store to get a nano sim for my new Passport. The manager asked me if I was needing this for a new Iphone?
    No I replied, something better. He asked what and I pulled the Passport out of my pocket and held it out in my hand as it sparkled under the overhead spotlights. He let out an audible gasp and asked if he could hold it. He then proceeded to show it to the six other sales reps on the floor.
    They were all shocked that this device came from Blackberry.
    Someone said it before, but the flight good old days of Blackberry respect seem to be back!

Posted via CB10
    this is exactly what happened when I went to AT&T to get a SIM. and the best part was, the rep who was most impressed had told me 2 years prior that 'blackberry is dead'

Posted via CB10
    capsvero likes this.
    10-13-14 07:20 PM
    Got some hockey dads asking about it at the rink this evening. Asked to hold it and to see the keyboard functions and reading documents and websites.

They were impressed.

Posted on my BlackBerry Passport.
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-13-14 07:30 PM
    On Z models, 2 fingers erases 2 words and 3 fingers erases 3 words.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much, I didn't know about this.

Posted via CB10
    tmf06 likes this.
    10-13-14 07:37 PM
    "Wow" with AwwwWWw!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:43 PM
    Wait so you think it's going to go up in price so on contract will be $300?:/

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    NO. Off contract price will be 200-300$ on amazon and ebay etc...

Posted via Q10RR
    10-14-14 06:25 AM
    AMEN TO THAT!!! my primary carrier is Sprint, I just bought an unlocked sweet 9900 and will hook it up on ATT or TMO, but they're at the local Walmart and every time I have called, it goes to VM - I mean, WTF? I want a Passport. the only BB you can get at Sprint is to special order the Q10 and unless the 9900's call quality and speakerphone totally suck worse than my 4s running POS iOS7, I don't want to sign up with them for two more years at Xmas time, not even for a zeroed out Q10 (two more years???? oy). I just want a Passport and a phone with good call quality and great speakerphone so I can record interviews. sigh

I want a Passport so badly, I'm like jonesing big-time and I live organic and holistic, no drugs, no GMOs - OMG, what's happening to me??????? (love it)
    There's no reason to stay with sprint. I went from being with verizon for 5 years to moving to tmobile and I couldn't be happier with their service. I pay 60$ a month less with tmobile for much better value and the ability to use almose any phone I want.

Posted via Q10RR
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-14-14 06:27 AM
    Wow, Sexy man

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:40 AM
    There's no reason to stay with sprint. I went from being with verizon for 5 years to moving to tmobile and I couldn't be happier with their service. I pay 60$ a month less with tmobile for much better value and the ability to use almose any phone I want.

Posted via Q10RR
    The problem is coverage - living in rural Virginia near the Blue Ridge Mountains (grant, my area is relatively flat, but it's hilly all around) doesn't give many options. The cell tower nearby is Sprint (current carrier). According to the website's coverage map I'm in the no-zone - strong TMO in the nearest town about 14 miles to the east. ATT guy said I'm between two of their towers (which are about 5 miles apart) and that data signal would be slow but I'd "probably" be all right for calls. It's all a bit vague. I stated on another thread that I might have to move to a more BB-friendly country - was I just being funny? But I will talk to local TMO people and see what they say. I would prefer TMO, but my work need for a phone is primarily calls and texts, then data.
    Thanks for the TMO endorsement.
    10-14-14 09:32 AM
    Well, just found out that TMO has no signal whatsoever where I live, so it's ATT for a plan for the 9900 - unless I move. OMG - please no! I've been here 3 years and still haven't unpacked from the last move. Plus, I rented the last few places with cell signal the primary decider, followed by amount of rent and location (must be rural) - and I like where I am... well, the only thing to do is to get signed up with ATT and see if the 9900 works at home for calls and texts. If it doesn't, it's still a business deduction and useful. But the NIMBY mentality sucks. This means wait and see about signal before I can move forward to acquire that bright shiny square thing.... Va piano, va sicuro! BUT I WANT A PASSPORT!!!!!!!!!
    10-14-14 10:33 AM
    Today I have brought in my Passport to work (I got it during my long weekend) and I must say, people are very interested.

"Wow, is that the new BlackBerry?"
    "I will have that as something my wife should give me for Xmas"
    "You can remote desktop with that thing?"
    "What a wide screen!"
    "Does that fit in your pocket?"

I got more feedback from it than my RED Z10. I need to figure out a demo script to show them features.

In a world where every smart phones are rectangular slabs of glass, the Passport is a breath of fresh air and it shows.
    Aahleksh and capsvero like this.
    10-14-14 06:45 PM
    Took to work today and my boss says "is that a phone?". After he played around with it a bit he loved it.
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-14-14 08:27 PM
    I was doing a writeup today and some businessmen were having a meeting next to me. In my review, I included what went down when they talked about mobile phone and one of them asked me what phone I had.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=968015

Sent from my Squared Monstrosity!
    spiculated and thymaster like this.
    10-14-14 08:28 PM
    NO. Off contract price will be 200-300$ on amazon and ebay etc...

Posted via Q10RR
    Unless you're talking about a used device, you're really funny lol

10-14-14 09:16 PM
    There are tons of videos answering your questions. Search on the web.
    I'm looking for direct interaction, but thanks for the Pro Tip.
    10-15-14 01:16 PM
    Unless you're talking about a used device, you're really funny lol

Yes used. Not new. I buy everything used. Like my Q10. 219$ used on amazon. Flawless. Works just as good as a brand new one would

Posted via Q10RR
    10-15-14 02:00 PM
    Well, at least you're not in MY shoes, where I got a OS 7 phone instead of waiting one more month for OS 10 to come out!

Now I'm frantically trying to figure out how I can justify PP ...
    10-15-14 02:17 PM
    Today girl with iphonec 'wth is that a tv?'

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    10-15-14 07:01 PM
    what's up with PonyCrazyKid spamming the shet out of the offtopic ?
    10-15-14 07:08 PM
    what's up with PonyCrazyKid spamming the shet out of the offtopic ?
    So very sorry - wasn't aware that I was spamming off-topic. I envy people who have the Passport, who live where they know the signal supports it - so very sorry to offend. dropping out.

Admin: please feel free to delete my posts from this thread.
    10-15-14 10:39 PM
    So very sorry - wasn't aware that I was spamming off-topic. I envy people who have the Passport, who live where they know the signal supports it - so very sorry to offend. dropping out.

Admin: please feel free to delete my posts from this thread.
    What? No, who cares. Post all you want. It's none of anyone's business how much you post. If they don't like it, don't read it. People around here are so **** hurt these days.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-16-14 06:23 AM
1,668 ... 1516171819 ...