On biz trip to HK, at Central, Wanchai, airport lounges, aeroplanes, people gaze, stared, puzzled and with eyes of envy especially those with Bold

Posted via Passport
    10-11-14 10:00 AM
    Flight Frankfurt to Miami. The US guy that checked my passport (not the fon) was very interested in it. I had it out because of the QR code needed for my boarding pass. He didn't know much about the latest Blackberries but he really liked the device. Played around with it for a few seconds and asked a lot of questions.

That was the only time that some random person showed interest so far.

Sent from my Passport
    10-11-14 10:03 AM
    I went to the barber, who told me to open a webpage so he could show me a hairdo. So I pulled out my Passport and he was like "wow, is that a phone? What brand is that? I've never such a beautiful phone before". And the best part this is that he still uses some old Nokia and this is the first time he'sconsidering buying one. And we started talking about other stuff and later he asked about it again. And it has also been getting looks on the subway, which is pretty awesome. I walked past thus dude with an iBend 6+ and just grinned ;D

Post via CB10 on my Square Monstrosity xD
    Supa_Fly1, Evindzer and misdeismo like this.
    10-11-14 10:31 AM
    The looks I get from strangers when I whip out my Passport is priceless B-)

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:45 PM
    Its big!. that's the first comment and yes it is big!
    10-12-14 03:02 PM
    it's gotten a ton of positive attention anywhere I've had it out in public. including the AT&T store when I went to get a SIM card. mostly from all the reps.

Posted via CB10
    light_barer likes this.
    10-12-14 03:26 PM
    The store keeper handed it to me and this:

"Sir, do you mind opening it now?"
    "No problem."
    *unboxes"
    *everyone working at the store hovers*
    "Whoa, look at that."
    "Wait I'll show you what it does."
    * I demo the keyboard"
    Guy (a customer) next to me says: "**** this. This is my next phone."

And just when I was about to leave the store, the owner asked me for a pic with my new passport to upload on his social media page. (first person to buy and all)

So yeah, in the 12 hours that I've owned it, I have been a pseudo-celebrity.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:27 PM
    i show my Passport to my friends and they keep telling me that it is too big .

tell them it'll shrink on them!!
    Last edited by malcerie; 10-12-14 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Missed what I was responding to
    BlackistheBerry and thymaster like this.
    10-12-14 04:41 PM
    i show my Passport to my friends and they keep telling me that it is too big .

tell them it'll shrink on them!!
    Tell them once they get used to it that all other phones are just too narrow and the 6+ is just way too long

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-12-14 06:34 PM
    Yep. Same here. I got it bad. A week ago I was so cheap trying to pay off my new fridge and vacation before Christmas that I was using my collection of hotel shampoos instead of buying a new bottle. Now this week I'm calculating how long after Christmas I'll be paying off my credit cards if I sneak a Passport in there.

Won't spend $3 on shampoo, but a $700+ phone? No problem. My priorities are messed up.

Posted via CB10
    Don't say things like this. It gives others, like me, ideas. Ideas to use a credit card to buy an unlocked phone for $800+. An idea to somehow make sense of such a purchase. An idea to somehow put good reasoning behind such a purchase. I don't know how I could convince anyone why I would "need" this phone. I can't even convince myself haha. A phone that will cost $250 on amazon year from now. I couldn't deal with the depreciation.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-12-14 07:48 PM
    So far first reactions is wow that thing is huge and why would you want something that big.....then I show the the touch keyboard and they freak out! So far no one really blown out of the water, but some people are thinking this phone might be a game changer....especially if they made a normal sized phone with a touch keyboard....

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:13 PM
    So far first reactions is wow that thing is huge and why would you want something that big.....then I show the the touch keyboard and they freak out! So far no one really blown out of the water, but some people are thinking this phone might be a game changer....especially if they made a normal sized phone with a touch keyboard....

Posted via CB10
    Which is what they should have done with the classic, which is stupid that they didn't. Maybe it's a hardware spacing issue but they shouldn't have completed the development of that phone without the touch keyboard.

Oh and hey. We almost have the same last name. Mine is "Correa". Never find anyone with my last name lol.

Posted via Q10RR
    10-12-14 08:19 PM
    Don't say things like this. It gives others, like me, ideas. Ideas to use a credit card to buy an unlocked phone for $800+. An idea to somehow make sense of such a purchase. An idea to somehow put good reasoning behind such a purchase. I don't know how I could convince anyone why I would "need" this phone. I can't even convince myself haha. A phone that will cost $250 on amazon year from now. I couldn't deal with the depreciation.

Posted via Q10RR
    No way it'll only be $250 in a year from now, absolute minimum I see for full unlocked price could be MAYBE $500! lol

10-12-14 09:02 PM
    "Is that the new iPhone?"

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh and Evindzer like this.
    10-12-14 09:02 PM
    I'm with t-mobile and it will work out the box but you need a nano sim. Your old sim won't fit. You will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:14 PM
    No way it'll only be $250 in a year from now, absolute minimum I see for full unlocked price could be MAYBE $500! lol

$500?? I don't see that happening. Ok ok, I'll be a little more considerate to the device. $300 MAX a year from now ( not unlocked)

Posted via Q10RR
    10-12-14 11:02 PM
    I was at a Post Office in Dubai. I had to use my Passport to mention some details from a Text Message. The guy at the counter took the phone and held it with a lot of respect - and, then his colleague steps in from somewhere inside - looks at the phone and screams - is that the Passport? How is it? Can I please hold it? - And, after holding it, said 'can I please take it inside to show the Boss, please please'? He took it to his boss and came back and returned it to me with the words 'Enjoy and have fun'!!
    capsvero, Evindzer and ram32185 like this.
    10-13-14 02:15 AM
    You understand that he's a writer asking for people to contribute their thoughts/experiences/photos for a BlackBerry blog post, right? He's not just going to run a Google search...

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    I think it is fine to ask, but should have its own thread.

Posted via Z30
    10-13-14 05:13 AM
    ive had a few of the double looks ...............oh and my daughter said what the hell is that dad lol
    Last edited by will308; 10-13-14 at 05:18 AM. Reason: missed a word out
    Aahleksh, EsJayDee and Evindzer like this.
    10-13-14 05:17 AM
    I'm with t-mobile and it will work out the box but you need a nano sim. Your old sim won't fit. You will be fine.
    Posted via CB10
    You can use a nano-sim cutter to downsize your existing sim, and these cutters usually come with adapters in case you want to convert your nano-sim back up to one of the larger formats.

And I apologize for this comment since it that doesn't belong in this thread.
    10-13-14 07:04 AM
    $500?? I don't see that happening. Ok ok, I'll be a little more considerate to the device. $300 MAX a year from now ( not unlocked)

Posted via Q10RR
    Wait so you think it's going to go up in price so on contract will be $300?:/

10-13-14 07:12 AM
    In the cab on my way to office, guy with an iPhone in his hand:
    "Is that the BlackBerry Passport? I have heard people are saying it is the greatest smartphone ever. Is it that good?"

In the elevator:
    "Is that the BlackBerry Passport? Wow that screen is huge."

In office, on my way to the meeting room; my manager:
    "Is that the BlackBerry Passport? Can I hold it? It's huge. Feels weird. BlackBerry is fighting really hard to come back. I saw the launch event. Wow, the keyboard is awesome."
    10-13-14 10:33 AM
    Nope, different than Z10 because Z10 each letter could have its own 'up select word', but on PP, it's 3 across the keyboard, one per 'section'

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    That's one negative aspect of the passport. I really love the word prediction on my Z30 and the up select word on each letter. That makes the swipe even better

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:27 PM
    That's one negative aspect of the passport. I really love the word prediction on my Z30 and the up select word on each letter. That makes the swipe even better

Posted via CB10
    And in my opinion it's a pretty big negative. It takes your eyes off of where you're typing.

I'm hoping I get used to it. But after two weeks of heavy use... honestly... I was much faster on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 03:55 PM
    I went to my local T-Mobile corporate store to get a nano sim for my new Passport. The manager asked me if I was needing this for a new Iphone?
    No I replied, something better. He asked what and I pulled the Passport out of my pocket and held it out in my hand as it sparkled under the overhead spotlights. He let out an audible gasp and asked if he could hold it. He then proceeded to show it to the six other sales reps on the floor.
    They were all shocked that this device came from Blackberry.
    Someone said it before, but the flight good old days of Blackberry respect seem to be back!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 04:23 PM
1,668 ... 1415161718 ...