Hmmm I think people will judge the passport differently depending on who's holding it.

We live in a materialistic shallow world.

Maybe we should dress better while carrying the passport LOL

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The Big Picture; 10-06-14 at 11:03 AM.
    10-06-14 10:41 AM
    It looks like the 'VIP Passport' is no longer shown on the Shop BlackBerry site - US nor Canada. It was just removed today as I checked earlier out of interest. The regular one is shown as being available for shipping as of today, but it's still shown as out of stock...? Interesting. I'm still waiting for my shipping notice after ordering a VIP Passport on Saturday in all the coupon ruckus...I was told by Dig Riv it should ship today as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:19 PM
    "Oh my!"

"That's huuuge"

"Looks pretty solid to me!"

"Can I hold it?!"

"Is that a phone in your pocket?!"

Wait... what are we talking about here? I don't have a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Masahiro, epee and CarGuy1368 like this.
    10-06-14 05:19 PM
    Passports back in stock in Shop Blackberry again!

Edit: perhaps I was mistaken - main page shows it available for purchase but you can't put it in your cart...in progress of coming back online perhaps?
    Last edited by Variante Alta; 10-06-14 at 06:32 PM.
    10-06-14 06:15 PM
    Most people in my radar usually states the phone is so square and the keypad is so weird. All I can tell them is this phone competes with the top spec phones in the market these days. It's unique in it's own design and can have 2 OS apps running under the same software. In the end, I win in every comparison they do towards the Passport.
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-06-14 06:24 PM
    I got my Passport today and I went to the AT&T store today to get a nano sim. First of all before I continue my story, this phone makes me feel like a BOSS. No really, like a CEO or something. I drive an old Ford Explorer, but on the way to the AT&T store, I feel like i'm in a Bently. Well anyway I go into the store and I pull it out of my pocket and I feel like a king amongst peasants. My confidence is so high that I spot the finest woman in there and I kiss her, no questions asked.

On a serious note, I approached the sales rep and told him I needed a nano sim for my Passport. I pull it out of my pocket, and the rep immediately asks if he can hold it. While swiping away, he's smiling like a kid on Christmas morning. He then asked me to show him what my favorite feature was. I pulled up CrackBerry in the browser, and I started scrolling the site with the keyboard. He gasped, put his hand over his mouth and nearly flipped out from excitement.

He put the sim card in my Passport, handed it back to me and said "I gotta get me one of those." I smiled and walked out like a pimp.

Man, I can't wait to go to work tomorrow.
    Last edited by tp2386; 10-06-14 at 08:49 PM.
    10-06-14 07:41 PM
    Great story! Was she cute at least? . This launch has been so much fun to follow - this phone is killer...keep spreading the word!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:16 PM
    They don't say anything. Because I don't have one...

Sent from my awesome White Z30!
    Best post ever - still laughing!
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    10-06-14 08:32 PM
    OneNote works on 10.3.1 so if you can wait a couple of months, that wont be an issue anymore.
    Are you sure? How do you know? I am a big BB fan and love OneNote and would die to have this on the BBPP.
    10-06-14 08:49 PM
    Are you sure? How do you know? I am a big BB fan and love OneNote and would die to have this on the BBPP.
    Go to the BB10 leaked OS forum and take a look, there's a recent build that got leaked and is running very well for a bunch of people, including OneNote!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-07-14 12:09 AM
    He then asked me to show him what my favorite feature was. I pulled up CrackBerry in the browser, and I started scrolling the site with the keyboard. He gasped, put his hand over his mouth and nearly flipped out from excitement.
    Good thing you showed him the browser version of CB. When I went to show off my Passport to others and loaded the CB app, then went to forums and started scrolling on the keyboard nothing happened! They need to update their app.

Needless to say, I went to a news website via the browser, and finally got to show off the nifty keyboard scrolling.
    10-07-14 05:06 AM
    Good thing you showed him the browser version of CB. When I went to show off my Passport to others and loaded the CB app, then went to forums and started scrolling on the keyboard nothing happened! They need to update their app.

Needless to say, I went to a news website via the browser, and finally got to show off the nifty keyboard scrolling.
    Had the same thing happen. Updated the CB app. Scrolling worked for a while. Now it doesn't work again... only in CB app... works elsewhere.

Pretty sad...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:18 AM
    Had the same thing happen. Updated the CB app. Scrolling worked for a while. Now it doesn't work again... only in CB app... works elsewhere.

Pretty sad...

Posted via CB10
    To get keyboard scrolling to work in CB10: Swipe down from top of screen and click Account. Then click Close. Scrolling should now work throughout the app. Definitely a bug they need to fix, but this gets it working for now.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 11:29 AM
    Son of a gun - that's how I got it working this morning...was shocked to see it working in CB! Best fix it up right asap though guys...come on!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:07 PM
    Boardroom meeting and had passport on table.
    Reaction: 'is that the new Passport phone everyone is talking about?'...'I hear it's very innovative'

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:14 PM
    To get keyboard scrolling to work in CB10: Swipe down from top of screen and click Account. Then click Close. Scrolling should now work throughout the app. Definitely a bug they need to fix, but this gets it working for now.

Posted via CB10
    That's not an acceptable option, as then you're no longer logged in and have no access to subscribed thread list, cannot post or anything... basically just logged in as guest then.

As I said... pretty sad.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 12:27 PM
    "Is that the new BlackBerry? "
    Me: "Sure is! It's a beast!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NtotheK; 11-24-14 at 01:27 PM.
    vptsff likes this.
    10-07-14 12:41 PM
    That's not an acceptable option, as then you're no longer logged in and have no access to subscribed thread list, cannot post or anything... basically just logged in as guest then.

As I said... pretty sad.

Posted via CB10
    Ok... I guess it works if you log out and then back in again.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 01:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is really weird :/ but mucho appreciated! :P

10-07-14 03:10 PM

As I said... pretty sad.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to log out :/ did you misunderstand the post..?

10-07-14 03:11 PM
    I was in the lift on my Passport checking some messages and this girl walks in and realises what it is and she's like "OMG! Is that the BlackBerry Passport!? Please say it's the BlackBerry Passport please please " so I'm like yeah and then she goes on crazy mode and asks a ton of questions about. She was unbelievably enthusiastic! It's like as if the Passport was Justin Bieber and she was one of his crazy obsessed fans! BEST reaction I've had to my Passport so far. She asked for the price, where I bought it and was actually surprised that it was cheaper than the iPhone 6. I'm pretty sure that by the end of the week she will have one.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 03:35 PM
    Finally got my PP last night. I had went to Bestbuy last week with the family to check out the phone but they didn't have a working demo so I showed my wife the dummy model and she hated it. She didn't like it one bit. But I finally brought a real one home last night and she looked at it and was amazed by the device, she said this looked no way even close to the dummy one in the store. With the bright big screen on and the solid feel of it, it shocked her how nice it was compared to what she saw in the store(which I do agree, the non-working one does not do any justice trying to show off the phone).
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-07-14 03:55 PM
    I was in the lift on my Passport checking some messages and this girl walks in and realises what it is and she's like "OMG! Is that the BlackBerry Passport!? Please say it's the BlackBerry Passport please please " so I'm like yeah and then she goes on crazy mode and asks a ton of questions about. She was unbelievably enthusiastic! It's like as if the Passport was Justin Bieber and she was one of his crazy obsessed fans! BEST reaction I've had to my Passport so far. She asked for the price, where I bought it and was actually surprised that it was cheaper than the iPhone 6. I'm pretty sure that by the end of the week she will have one.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha that's amazing to hear!

RodolfoAP likes this.
    10-07-14 04:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    She was waiting for you to offer your bbm.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 and Xenolock like this.
    10-07-14 04:43 PM
    You don't have to log out :/ did you misunderstand the post..?

Uhmmm, when you close the account of course it logs you out!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:57 PM
1,668 ... 1112131415 ...