Reactions so far From wow to nice to I didn't know BlackBerry had a new device to I'm getting one now the last one was simply put Sweet!

Via my Quality Passport
    10-05-14 06:29 PM
    Although I don't have a passport, yet, I'm tech support at my office.

So far I've had 3 people bugging me to see 1. When I would be getting one (not until February - if I can hold out that long) and 2. Where can they get one.

2 of these are already BlackBerry users but the 3rd is an iPhone user. He surprised me as he's the one going around the office and talking up the Passport to everyone. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 06:41 PM
    I've gotten mixed reaction at work. Several have asked: "Can you make a phone call with that?" To which I reply The Passport has the best antenna of all the mobile phones out there, and proceed by mentioning Kevin's experience in the restaurant where he had never gotten a cell phone reception in the past (from all brands of phones, including BlackBerry) until The Passport, He has been going to this restaurant for many years he said. From a die hard iPhone user: "It's look like a calculator." (for this guy only the iPhone matters). I think we all know someone like that. Overall the reaction of people at work, has been O.K, but I expect more! (Greedy I guess) LOL One person told me today that her next phone is going to be a BlackBerry. She did not say the Passport, but does it matter?! (not to me) Her contract ends in January. She has been an iPhone user. The noise filter in The Passport is amazing. When tested my neighbour did not even hear a transport passing by! The most important feature on a mobile phone is the voice quality during a phone call (IMO). So far, all my friends tell me the call quality from The Passport has been excellent. There is so much I love about the Passport that I am (almost) always ready to talk about it. LOL I'm really looking forward to seeing some Passports out in the wild. I live in Ottawa. I'm thinking it's going to be soon. I really feel BlackBerry has a winner here in the Passport. Almost everyone loves the screen, only a few think it's too big.
    10-05-14 08:37 PM
    When I mentioned the Z30 being sold by Verizon and other carriers internationally he claimed it was a rebranded Z10.
    Jesus, do people just make stuff up to hear themselves speak??? While you're at it, ask him if knows that Germany won the war... he'll probably say he knows that.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:01 PM
    Rogers here still doesn't have it so I made it a task to go in and cancel my rogers and show them the Passport. The guys there are actually nice and agree that this phone could have been a threat to iPhone if it had Google play and a full touch version. They loved it and were like.. it's big but not much wider than the 6 plus. Then they told me how rogers and Telus employees were told not to push it when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-05-14 09:15 PM
    A variety of reactions.

"Holy crap that's big"

"What the heck is that?"

"Wow, that's freakin awesome"

"Are you serious? You're going to use that?"

"Are they still making phones?"

"Very cool. Looks powerful"
    Skyforever, vptsff and Rolandxiii like this.
    10-05-14 09:20 PM
    Then they told me how rogers and Telus employees were told not to push it when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Nice to see Canadian carriers supporting the only Canadian mobile device company in the world.

Also I agree with them about an all touch version would have had more people seriously looking at it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:20 PM
    ... Then they told me how rogers and Telus employees were told not to push it when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    They'll push volume deals. The 'kickbacks' are greater from the Apples, Samsungs, and HTCs of the world. A sad reality. I'm with Telus, but have a Bell store down my street. The manager there told me the 'head office' is not expecting much from the PP. "If a client asks, we'll get it, no problem. But they don't expect much."
    10-05-14 09:36 PM
    Yeah I got a pretty dirty look when I told the girl right off the bat to get me a passport from the Hobbit hole in the back. It's like I took food from her kids mouth or something. But the blame can somewhat be on blackberry when all you see is pretty nice iphone6 displays and advertisements ( paid for by apple)

Posted via CB10
    BrizzadMan, robert_in_la and Loc22 like this.
    10-05-14 10:12 PM
    Jesus, do people just make stuff up to hear themselves speak??? While you're at it, ask him if knows that Germany won the war... he'll probably say he knows that.

Posted via CB10
    Well they did bomb Pearl Harbor so the war was really swinging in their direction.

Posted via CB10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    10-05-14 10:19 PM
    Well they did bomb Pearl Harbor so the war was really swinging in their direction.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly that just made my night!!
    10-05-14 10:35 PM
    Honestly that just made my night!!
    Yeah.. my Grandfather used to sit me on his knee telling me stories of when Germany bombed Pearl Harbor....

Smh.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:54 PM
    Shock & awe. Just like when the Marines show up to fight.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-05-14 11:07 PM
    Shock & awe. Just like when the Marines show up to fight.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    Lol. 'Murrica vs the Kamakazi Na**s eh!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:12 PM
    Then they told me how rogers and Telus employees were told not to push it when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Probably true. Went to 2 telus stores, and got a look of disbelief from the employees when I went directly to the Passport.

Indirectly, they tried to tell me to look at the latest Android offerings. I said "no thanks"

Then when I did get my PP from a telus rep who came to my office to deliver it, he proceeded to tell me how they "sold several PP's", yet when he took it out of the box, the guy had no clue how to install the Sim card. I had to show him the top part of the phone lifts off. He was busy trying to pry off the whole back cover. Yep, he must have sold "several PP's" alright. :eye roll:
    The Big Picture likes this.
    10-06-14 05:06 AM
    I have posted this on another thread, but while I was waiting to get my refund at the apple store, I was checking my email and immediately drew a crowd asking what I was using. I told them it was the new BlackBerry passport and showed them the device and I heard their jaws hit the floor.

After showing off the device for 20 minutes, I finally told them where they could buy one and how much the device cost. Just as they all started to get excited, I finally said it was sold out and they would have to wait to get one. Then I smiled, got my refund and left. God that felt great.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    I'm sure that must have felt really great after all the flak you've been getting for using a BlackBerry. My iPhone friends are still criticising the design & the need for a keyboard or the touch pad keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 05:55 AM
    Just get it! This thing is really amazing and you'll get used to it very quickly. Can't even put it down for like 5 minutes. And this is coming from a ex iphone addict. So really.. buy it hahah

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:04 AM
    I'm sure that must have felt really great after all the flak you've been getting for using a BlackBerry. My iPhone friends are still criticising the design & the need for a keyboard or the touch pad keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    What I normally do in your case is I have a speed and accuracy typing competition with my friend. They would normally shut up after. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-06-14 06:25 AM
    Thank you undercover BlackBerry agent. We're hurting the other guys.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    10-06-14 07:01 AM
    Just get it! This thing is really amazing and you'll get used to it very quickly. Can't even put it down for like 5 minutes. And this is coming from a ex iphone addict. So really.. buy it hahah

Posted via CB10
    Nice! What do you like about it that makes it different?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:51 AM
    Everytime a new iphone comes up i expect so much..and everytime i'm dissapointed. Everything is the same exept for a few things. Apple is apple. And only works with apple.

Blackberry on the other hand suprised me not just with the design,screen and sounds but also all the possibilities you have and what you can do with it. It's truly amazing.. like a mini computer haha!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:41 AM
    Everytime a new iphone comes up i expect so much..and everytime i'm dissapointed. Everything is the same exept for a few things. Apple is apple. And only works with apple.

Blackberry on the other hand suprised me not just with the design,screen and sounds but also all the possibilities you have and what you can do with it. It's truly amazing.. like a mini computer haha!

Posted via CB10
    That's a good summary! Glad you're enjoying your passport.

Posted via CB10
    Shersss likes this.
    10-06-14 09:04 AM
    Was waiting in line for 10 minutes at the movie theatre, and had no less than 8-10 ppl either ask me directly about it, or I overheard them mention it

Overheard....

"I think that guy has that new Blackberry, looks actually pretty cool"

"Wow look at that phone, it's massive, and he's paying with it"

...... I paid with the NFC on the phone and had my Scene card (points card) on the Cineplex app... used Passport for everything, and no wallet bulge to worry about.

Also, few ppl wanted to hold it and see the keyboard, showed a few quick gestures and the Hub and the 3 app stores they were really surprised to see the popular apps and all said they thought you couldn't get them on a BlackBerry.

Saw a great movie, Gone Girl, and had few more on way out of theatre ask me about it as I was messaging some buddies.

Always receives looks and comments whenever it's in my hands

Posted from my Passport!
    10-06-14 09:35 AM
    Probably true. Went to 2 telus stores, and got a look of disbelief from the employees when I went directly to the Passport.

Indirectly, they tried to tell me to look at the latest Android offerings. I said "no thanks"

Then when I did get my PP from a telus rep who came to my office to deliver it, he proceeded to tell me how they "sold several PP's", yet when he took it out of the box, the guy had no clue how to install the Sim card. I had to show him the top part of the phone lifts off. He was busy trying to pry off the whole back cover. Yep, he must have sold "several PP's" alright. :eye roll:
    Oh really!?!

A Canadian carrier trying to get you to consider something other than BlackBerry?

I wonder if that will garner the same rabid response here from the likes of those continuing to demonize Tmobile for supposedly doing that?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:09 AM
    Oh really!?!

A Canadian carrier trying to get you to consider something other than BlackBerry?

I wonder if that will garner the same rabid response here from the likes of those continuing to demonize Tmobile for supposedly doing that?

Posted via CB10
    I was on the phone with a guy that I had never spoken to before but have emailed a couple times who works in advertizing for an association our company belongs to. NOT CANADIAN

Towards the end of our conversation he mentioned that he is from Canada. Not sure exactly what I said but it was something like needing more Blackberries on carriers in the states.

He said- you really want a BlackBerry?
    Me- Be careful how you say that they might cut your phone line in Canada for speaking ill towards them. Not very Canadian like especially since your relative is a very high executive at BlackBerry.

No relation but still funny.
    10-06-14 10:29 AM
1,668 ... 1011121314 ...