I freaking love this phone! I have shown a few friends and family members the Passport and I've gotten mixed responses. Some of them like the look of it, some are interested in the keyboard's swiping function, but overall people comment on the odd size of the phone. I've only had one person who was genuinely excited for the device in all aspects.

I'm actually about to head to town and stop by AT&T soon. I mentioned in another post that there were two workers there who didn't even know anything about the Passport, but saying they "hear about new devices months in advance". One even said that BlackBerry quit making phones after the Q10 and Z10. When I mentioned the Z30 being sold by Verizon and other carriers internationally he claimed it was a rebranded Z10.

Anyway, I plan to stop by and see if they are there just so I can whip out this bad boy just to set them straight. Not to mention the other places I will be today. I'm hoping to get reactions just as good as the ones I've read so far in this forum!

Posted via CB10
    You (being a show off) and your BlackBerry hating friends are the reason why the comment sections of any BlackBerry related article and video nowadays contains at least one line of "BlackBerry just die already" comment... if you don't agitate them, how could any consumer say thing like that to a company brings competition to the market?

Just joking

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-03-14 12:58 PM
    No reactions yet from strangers since I got my beast yesterday evening ; however my Lil son was flipping badly to play games on it. I didn't give it to him and he wasn't, too pleased with me. Lol

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed, Aahleksh and EsJayDee like this.
    10-03-14 01:07 PM
    Got my Passport Wednesday. On Thursday was talking to the front desk person at a hotel - he asked about the "phone? tablet? What is that?" (reminds me of when people first saw a Toyota Matrix - wagon? teeny SUV?) After a short demo (including the FM radio), he asked to hold it and play with it. He then spent several minutes showing it to increasingly excited co-workers. Eventually I got the phone back. Later, on the way out he called out and say he was going to get a passport when his phone contract was up (January). He already considers himself a former iPhone user (4s).

Later, I was at a bike shop just looking around. Was taking pics of some hard-to-find parts, and a bike shop guy walks up and asks "Is that the new blackberry." Once again, going through the drill with all the features, strengths, (and FM radio - which I love). His reaction: "I was going to get an iPhone, but the lustre is off that trinket...this is cooler."

Finally, putting gas in the car, put the phone on the counter to grab my wallet..."Oh, a new blackberry. You must be serious about work."

If nothing else...the message finally seems to have broken through.
    10-03-14 01:24 PM
    @aghs US?

10-03-14 01:27 PM
    You (being a show off) and your BlackBerry hating friends are the reason why the comment sections of any BlackBerry related article and video nowadays contains at least one line of "BlackBerry just die already" comment... if you don't agitate them, how could any consumer say thing like that to a company brings competition to the market?

Just joking

Haha yeah. I just felt like they deserve some lecturing though. If the sales rep goes about telling others this misinformation, BlackBerry has less of a chance, you know?

The funny thing is, the guy I was talking about actually went in GameStop while I was waiting so there was no need to stop at AT&T. I showed him the phone and talked about the specs and all he said was, "Why didn't BlackBerry do something like this sooner?"

I was just glad he didn't talk down about it. It was an interesting interaction considering the other things he was talking about the other day.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-03-14 02:03 PM
    Co-workers are like "what is that thing"?

People can't believe it's so big but the screen realestate speaks for itself.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R and Aahleksh like this.
    10-03-14 04:17 PM
    Check out mine and my friend's reaction during my unboxing video!
    10-03-14 04:28 PM
    In the US, but I'm in Edmonton.
    10-03-14 05:24 PM
    No matter how compelling your evidence is, some people complain just for the sake of complaining \:|/
    But yes, the ability to resize the apps is extremely helpful and it's great that BlackBerry introduced this since most Android developers won't necessarily change their apps to be good at sizing onto a square screen. IMHO, this device is gold and it's just going to keep getting better!
    So true. I actually left Crackberry for a bit just to avoid reading so much unwarranted negatively. Don't get me wrong, people need to express dislikes etc, but it was way out of hand. After hearing of Blaz1ze taking over,I came back immediately. It was great to see that one of his first achievements was to write of his desire to clean up the garbage. So far, he has kept his word.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    D3C0D3R and thymaster like this.
    10-03-14 09:37 PM
    This is an excellent tip, thank you very much
    The icon names you are speaking of are zoom out and zoom in

Attachment 302809
    Attachment 302810

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    Yes, that's it. I can't believe I couldn't remember 'Zoom In' as the icon title. Thanks for posting this for people.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    10-03-14 09:40 PM
    Enjoying this thread.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-04-14 09:58 AM
    Everyone just asks if that can fit in a pocket. When I hand it to them they're shocked that they can fit it into every single pocket they try. Then they seem impressed and surprised that "BlackBerry is still around." Seems like some people genuinely think that BlackBerry went completely under.

Posted from my Passport
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-04-14 10:39 AM
    If it were me and people complimented the phone. I'd shrug it off and say "you don't choose the phone, the phone chooses you".

Alternatively I'd say "why would you want one? I use it for corporate use".... then they'll want one because they want to feel important too.

Now anyone who bad mouths BlackBerry I'll respond "that's nice" and leave it with that.

Then the more they see the phone around, the more curious they'll get because they've been bashing on BlackBerry, but drives them insane not understanding why people are still getting them. Then they'll plunge and buy a new one because they want to fit in.

Everyone, that's how society works in a nutshell. Psychological 101.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:03 AM
    I realize this is a reaction to the Passport thread, but it's important to know that BlackBerry is trying to change this brutal perception problem. Just thought I'd add a few articles to let it be known.

1. BlackBerry turns to Pope Wainwright to create Selfridges retail space for Passport launch. http://www.thedrum.com/news/2014/10/...assport-launch
    2. BlackBerry Taps B-to-B Agency Gyro to Remake Its Brand. http://adage.com/article/agency-news...-brand/295238/

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-bb4.jpg
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-bb3.jpg

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    10-04-14 01:47 PM
    I realize this is a reaction to the Passport thread, but it's important to know that BlackBerry is trying to change this brutal perception problem. Just thought I'd add a few articles to let it be known.

1. BlackBerry turns to Pope Wainwright to create Selfridges retail space for Passport launch. BlackBerry turns to Pope Wainwright to create Selfridges retail space for Passport launch | The Drum
    2. BlackBerry Taps B-to-B Agency Gyro to Remake Its Brand. BlackBerry Taps B-toB Agency Gyro to Remake Its Brand | Agency News - Advertising Age
    Thanks for posting that!
    So glad to see BlackBerry actually learning from their past mistakes and churning good news in the press world!
    xBURK likes this.
    10-04-14 01:58 PM
    One major app not on BlackBerry that is used by millions (according to the Google app store) is Microsoft's OneNote. That is the one major app that is holding me back from going full blast on BlackBerry. The OneNote mobile site is essentially unusable. The OneNote you see in the BB and Amazon store does not work.
    ^this. We really need a working OneNote app. That's a big one for productivity for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:16 PM
    ^this. We really need a working OneNote app. That's a big one for productivity for me.

Posted via CB10
    One note works fine on this build Passport 10.3.1.632 Autoloader - Page 4 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

It is only an early leak, but it is promising as 10.3.1 will be available on all in market devices by year end.
    10-04-14 02:19 PM
    Wow just wow. If I found out any of my attorney's were using facebook as a means of sending files (my files) to other people, or me through facebook I would not just fire them but publicly fire them. Editorial in the paper, lawsuit, etc. That is is some serious bad sh!t.

Ok after thinking about it maybe they are just doing personal stuff but wow that could be bad if that behavior made it to the business world.
    Have to agree...if they are work files transferred through FB that is scary! We have zero control over FB and our files/lives/photos...I rarely use it as a result - just too invasive.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's just class notes, nothing work-related at all. During the summer, it was strongly emphasized that the only way any work could be done at home was via remote access or on an encrypted USB key.

On topic, the worrisome part is that all these future young associates will be pushing the firms for iPhones, and I already see them in the hands of lawyers from multiple large firms. I'll have to post my impressions of iOS7.1 vs BB10.1 in such a work environment, but the short story is that iOS is painfully flawed when dealing with long email threads containing attachments. But as long as I get to choose a BlackBerry, I'll be happy.
    10-04-14 09:37 PM
    Yeah, it's just class notes, nothing work-related at all. During the summer, it was strongly emphasized that the only way any work could be done at home was via remote access or on an encrypted USB key.

On topic, the worrisome part is that all these future young associates will be pushing the firms for iPhones, and I already see them in the hands of lawyers from multiple large firms. I'll have to post my impressions of iOS7.1 vs BB10.1 in such a work environment, but the short story is that iOS is painfully flawed when dealing with long email threads containing attachments. But as long as I get to choose a BlackBerry, I'll be happy.
    On your first part, that's crazy, but very true for many people.
    On the second part, it's incredibly sad because they don't actually have a reason to push it when you ask them, they just say they "like it better" and can't defend it besides saying it's the simplest phone out there..
    Not hag last sentence, completely agree

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-04-14 11:11 PM
    The CEO of BlackBerry handsets.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 01:41 AM
    When I told someone I got the BlackBerry Passport ordered, I was told I was lucky because that was hard to get.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    ahmedhanif911 and thymaster like this.
    10-05-14 08:09 AM
    Got my Passport a few days ago...fianc� is an iphone user (previous BlackBerry user) - she bought a Passport after using the PP for a bit yesterday.... It seems to be a compelling device. Keep showing then off folks!
    D3C0D3R, deltact and Skyforever like this.
    10-05-14 08:13 AM
    Even the Apple Store employees liked it a lot.

Posted with my Passport #workwide
    10-05-14 08:15 AM
    "Is that a phone or a tablet?"
    "Whoa! Where are the rest of the keys?"
    "That's a big azz display"
    "Wait.. that's a BlackBerry? Man, I need to check that out"
    "So... you can type without actually even typing? That's crazy!"

Posted via CB10
    Yer awesome!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-05-14 01:54 PM
    Just got my passport ......

"That's huuuuuuuge"
    "Is that a tablet? "
    "Can you make calls with that?"
    "Can I try it?"

Lolol

To be continued when I start using it at work....

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-05-14 05:05 PM
1,668 ... 910111213 ...