That would be great if OneNote worked on 10.3.1. Can I ask how you know this? Are you currently on 10.3.1?

There was a post a few weeks back on CrackBerry petitioning Microsoft to release OneNote for BlackBerry but maybe BlackBerry got it to work instead?
    I can personally confirm that OneNote can run on the OS 10.3.1.396 leak that was posted today. Running the leaked OS on my Z10.
    10-01-14 10:51 PM
    That's great to hear about OneNote running on 10.3.1.396.

Are you using OneNote from Snap or from the Amazon store?

Thanks for the heads up!
    10-01-14 11:00 PM
    1. Explain to me why you can't use m.uber.com when it's the exact same as the app?

2. I use Google Maps on my Z10 all the time, flawlessly - don't see why it would be any different on the Passport with its better hardware

3. Just downloaded it to see what the big deal is. It's available through Amazon and works flawlessly on my Z10, so again don't see why it wouldn't on the Passport...

4. It's already been demonstrated that this works on the Passport.

Your argument is invalid.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    All valid points....but there really is no app restriction anymore. Let's stop coming up with creative ways to defend the lack of apps. There is a gap and BlackBerry has filled it with partnerships. Here's fully awesome uber on my passport.

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141001_180040.png

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:05 PM
    There are tons of videos answering your questions. Search on the web.
    I believe he's a blogger for BlackBerry and looking for real world end user experience stories. I'm sure he could search the Web, but who'd want to read and reread the same old sh*t

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:11 PM
    Last night I was practicing a presentation with some classmates. I offered to take a voice recording of us and email it to everyone. I open Remember, tap New Voice Note, and hit Record. Nothing happens. I try my QuickTape app... nothing happens. I go into the camera to instead record a video, and get an error that "my microphone is already in use; close the app that is using it." But, I don't have any other apps running!

Classmate's iPhone had to step in and save the day.

A soft-reset fixed the problem, but it was a very disappointing showing.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-02-14 08:37 AM
    A week in, I continue to get reactions from students. It's in my shirt pocket when I come into the classroom. I take it out and set it to mute (Yes, I know I could automate that in various ways); someone will ask to see the screen again. One student asked me to play a video clip. They're very interested in it. A student asked "How can you watch a video on that square screen?" So we did the side-by-side test of the same video clip, with an iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 screen was a bit bigger than the letterboxed area on the Passport screen, but a number of students noticed that the difference wasn't very noticeable. And since I was using FastTube, I used its zoom/crop button to go full screen, to show what that looked like.

I wouldn't say they're all going to dump their iPhones anytime soon, but they no longer think BlackBerry has nothing that might interest them.
    10-02-14 08:57 AM
    People must be interested.
    Even in netherlands /belgium tv ads are showing up!

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141002_150839.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:02 AM
    wrong. they don't run as they well as they do on the android/ios. plus with the square screen many apps look like crap.
    Here is a tip. If you're running a Android app on the Passport, swipe down from the top of the screen. Hit top right icon. (I can't remember the name of the option I saw in a video?) Anyways, it re sizes the app for the optimum use on the Passport.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    10-02-14 11:21 PM
    Here is a tip. If you're running a Android app on the Passport, swipe down from the top of the screen. Hit top right icon. (I can't remember the name of the option I saw in a video?) Anyways, it re sizes the app for the optimum use on the Passport.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    No matter how compelling your evidence is, some people complain just for the sake of complaining \:|/
    But yes, the ability to resize the apps is extremely helpful and it's great that BlackBerry introduced this since most Android developers won't necessarily change their apps to be good at sizing onto a square screen. IMHO, this device is gold and it's just going to keep getting better!
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-03-14 01:01 AM
    'it looks like a PADD from Star Trek'

As a nerd, this pleases me.

Passport || Fido
    10-03-14 01:07 AM
    Have you ever explored the Amazon app store or tried using Snap?
    There is basically no app out there that we can't get with BB10 phone's, and with the Passport's performance, they run as well as a native app.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    I love BB10 and my Passport, but that is not even close to being true, and may get worse as google is requiring apps to use google service and the Amazon fire was a huge flop.
    10-03-14 01:32 AM
    One major app not on BlackBerry that is used by millions (according to the Google app store) is Microsoft's OneNote. That is the one major app that is holding me back from going full blast on BlackBerry. The OneNote mobile site is essentially unusable. The OneNote you see in the BB and Amazon store does not work.
    I've been patiently waiting for this one as well. Look forward to seeing how well it works on 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:18 AM
    Well, I went to a shop at my Orange provider in Bucharest, requesting a nano sim for my Passport and for about 10 minutes all clerks, consultants and customers in the shop took turns touching and asking questions about the device . So, I guess, it was a positive response since all peeps were intrigued and while a few said the device is so large, all appreciated the build quality and the "hefty" of it in hand. I installed Snap on it as well.
    LoneStarRed, hadji, vptsff and 2 others like this.
    10-03-14 04:02 AM
    'it looks like a PADD from Star Trek'

As a nerd, this pleases me.

Passport || Fido
    I still want one with a gauze flip top that I can fling my hand out and it opens, a la Captain Kirk.

There's no USS Enterprise in service, but there is an HMS Enterprise (crew nickname "Starship" - true) about. Do you reckon the skipper calls up the bridge on the his mobile saying "xxxx t'Enterprise..."?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:20 AM

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    This is an excellent tip, thank you very much
    The icon names you are speaking of are zoom out and zoom in

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141003_085308.png
    How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20141003_085317.png

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    10-03-14 07:54 AM
    Okay so again today in the GO train to downtown in the morning. Anyone who has taken the GO in the morning knows how depressed and sleepy everyone is. I am not even kidding when I say, the whole isle (atleast 8-10 ppl) was interested in using my passport and then all talked about there love of Blackberry and thinking of switching back. Me, ofcourse, being the loyal fan started gloating the screen, camera, battery life, touchpad keyboard and there were a lot of WOW's. BlackBerry Hire Me! or anyone from this forum lol
    10-03-14 10:38 AM
    Okay so again today in the GO train to downtown in the morning. Anyone who has taken the GO in the morning knows how depressed and sleepy everyone is. I am not even kidding when I say, the whole isle (atleast 8-10 ppl) was interested in using my passport and then all talked about there love of Blackberry and thinking of switching back. Me, ofcourse, being the loyal fan started gloating the screen, camera, battery life, touchpad keyboard and there were a lot of WOW's. BlackBerry Hire Me! or anyone from this forum lol
    Amen there, I've easily sold 30+ BlackBerry's by showing off the features in the past, can't wait to get my Passport finally and show it off!
    Aahleksh, vptsff and thymaster like this.
    10-03-14 10:44 AM
    Boots on the ground...nothing like being shown first hand how great these Passports are - these are the stories we need to hear ...BlackBerry should have people just hanging around malls and on public transit using these phone where they get maximum exposure ... it works - just read this forum! Loving my Passport!!

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh, EsJayDee, vptsff and 2 others like this.
    10-03-14 10:59 AM

In the past, I've chatted with them about what they do with their phones. Overwhelmingly, the answer is: talk. Via Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, iMessage, text, and to a lesser extent, Instagram. Email for parents. The whole "productivity" thing isn't really on their radar yet.
    Even my class of future lawyers tends to favour Facebook over email as a means of sending files. Not surprisingly, the phones I see are overwhelmingly iPhones, with some Androids and a few Winphones. As far as I know, I'm the only one with a BB10 device. Most of those who used BBOS switched to iOS when their phones died.

Can't wait to use my Passport

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-03-14 11:23 AM
    I want to make it clear, I'm only liking your post for the part where you can't wait to use your Passport, NOT for the part of all of the the kids just liking phones that look cool.. :P
    10-03-14 11:24 AM
    I freaking love this phone! I have shown a few friends and family members the Passport and I've gotten mixed responses. Some of them like the look of it, some are interested in the keyboard's swiping function, but overall people comment on the odd size of the phone. I've only had one person who was genuinely excited for the device in all aspects.

I'm actually about to head to town and stop by AT&T soon. I mentioned in another post that there were two workers there who didn't even know anything about the Passport, but saying they "hear about new devices months in advance". One even said that BlackBerry quit making phones after the Q10 and Z10. When I mentioned the Z30 being sold by Verizon and other carriers internationally he claimed it was a rebranded Z10.

Anyway, I plan to stop by and see if they are there just so I can whip out this bad boy just to set them straight. Not to mention the other places I will be today. I'm hoping to get reactions just as good as the ones I've read so far in this forum!

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-03-14 11:26 AM
    Boots on the ground...nothing like being shown first hand how great these Passports are - these are the stories we need to hear ...BlackBerry should have people just hanging around malls and on public transit using these phone where they get maximum exposure ... it works - just read this forum! Loving my Passport!!

Posted via CB10
    It's the best advertising you can possibly get. But also the hardest to provoke and impossible to ensure.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:34 AM
    "What is that thing?"
    "Is that the new Blackberry?"
    "This thing is huge!"
    "How do I use this thing?"
    "Does that fit in your pocket?"

via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    Aahleksh, triplem23 and vptsff like this.
    10-03-14 11:34 AM
    Even my class of future lawyers tends to favour Facebook over email as a means of sending files. Not surprisingly, the phones I see are overwhelmingly iPhones, with some Androids and a few Winphones. As far as I know, I'm the only one with a BB10 device. Most of those who used BBOS switched to iOS when their phones died.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Wow just wow. If I found out any of my attorney's were using facebook as a means of sending files (my files) to other people, or me through facebook I would not just fire them but publicly fire them. Editorial in the paper, lawsuit, etc. That is is some serious bad sh!t.

Ok after thinking about it maybe they are just doing personal stuff but wow that could be bad if that behavior made it to the business world.
    10-03-14 12:23 PM
    Have to agree...if they are work files transferred through FB that is scary! We have zero control over FB and our files/lives/photos...I rarely use it as a result - just too invasive.

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 and deftones86 like this.
    10-03-14 12:47 PM
1,668 ... 89101112 ...