This is like me working at McDonald's and not knowing when the McRib is back. Should be fired on the spot.

Posted via CB10
    It is like you working at McD and not knowing all the companies that make hamburger buns. Unless you actually sell all the brands there is no incentive to know/learn them all.
    That is still BlackBerry's main issue, most carriers globally just don't have any personal attachment to the company anymore.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    10-01-14 12:44 AM
    I out typed my friend who is using the iPhone 6 plus in a friendly copy typing competition and I thrashed him

Is just a fantastic phone.

Posted via CB10
    H4zN, Aahleksh, Skyforever and 3 others like this.
    10-01-14 06:46 AM
    It is like you working at McD and not knowing all the companies that make hamburger buns. Unless you actually sell all the brands there is no incentive to know/learn them all.
    That is still BlackBerry's main issue, most carriers globally just don't have any personal attachment to the company anymore.

The incentive is actually taking the time to help a customer. I understand that maybe they don't care because they do not have it is in stock but blatantly talking a customer out of something that they really want is not good customer service.

Here is another example. I sell a lot of different products to a particular industry. In that industry there are about 4-5 distinctly different specialties.

At least 100 different companies compete in my industry and I sell almost all of them even though they are competing lines. I do not know everything about each product but I do know enough to help a customer get what they need to get the job done right and have the desire get a customer the answers they need to help with their project.

I find it hard to believe that a person that sells what could be complex phone service plans can remember the differences between just 4 mobile phone OS manufacturers. Just the basics isn't that hard. I guess they have no work ethic outside of making a quick sale order and move on to the next customer.
    PonyCrazyKid and Evindzer like this.
    10-01-14 08:02 AM
    My wife: oh babe that's to big... me: yeah i know but i can't stop using it!

On friday i'll go to angola, and see the african's reactionz. They love the galaxy because of its size! Tlml i'll show this beast!

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh and Tranamal like this.
    10-01-14 08:09 AM
    I chatted with T-Mobile Austria representative yesterday.
    He informed me that they do not have any information on selling passport at T-Mobile Austria.
    I am so jealous with other people here!

Keep reading this thread!
    Great thread so far!
    10-01-14 08:38 AM
    Met up with someone last night from Kijiji to sell my girlfriends S5 (she went iphone). Guy was more interested in my PP than the Samsung he was meeting me to buy. He actually had that look of buyers remorse as I pried my BB from his hands and parted ways.
    Pretty sure the S5 will be looking for a new home as soon as he can get his hands on one of these beasts.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:57 AM
    That is new to me!
    Just tried it on my Z30 and confirmed!

Yes, it works with 2 or 3 fingers. Curious, what's the reason for using more than 1 finger? Just asking

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:04 AM
    "Is that the new BlackBerry Passport!? Lemme see!" *shows them features* "Wow that's awesome!" <-- 4 people at University today!

^ Advertising is Dubai is paying off! And it's still only available at The BlackBerry Store until tomorrow and then all other retailers will sell them

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-01-14 09:08 AM
    Wasn't even tracking this thing was on the market. Still carrying around my Palm Treo 755p.

If the Passport comes to Sprint, I may get it ... or perhaps the Classic 2 if it hits Sprint.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    10-01-14 09:11 AM
    Got quite a few reactions in my local Vodafone store, had to go out and get a nano sim card so I took my passport along with me.

Whilst waiting in line, I took it out and started playing around with it. Had 3 people come up to me and ask me what is that?? Told them it was the new BlackBerry passport, they all had a look, showed them the gorgeous screen, played a video thru the loudspeakers. Showed them the track pad keyboard whilst browsing the net on my phone. Took a few pics as well to show people just how freaking good the camera is.

3 of these people were about to buy android/iphone6, after seeing and playing with my passport, they all cancelled their sales and asked if the voda shop had any in stock. To which there was none so I told them I bought mine online sim free for 440 uk pounds. Showed them the website and also told them that carphone warehouse is selling them on contract. They all thanked me and left, the voda staff were not happy but do I give a ****?? Nope not my fault they don't know anything about the passport...fact is even the staff were mystified by it and a few said why aren't we selling these in store and why is there no demo unit lol.

Got my nano sim and left, job done as far as I'm concerned. Got 3 people converted to the passport lol

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:26 AM
    BlackBerry is back with a bang bang bang

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:33 AM
    Few i-phone guys were saying its too big. But I think I turned a few people into fans. But who cares I love it.

Posted via CB10
    IPhone 6+ is too small, we want it longer and thinner.
    Aahleksh and Evindzer like this.
    10-01-14 10:15 AM
    Got quite a few reactions in my local Vodafone store, had to go out and get a nano sim card so I took my passport along with me.

Whilst waiting in line, I took it out and started playing around with it. Had 3 people come up to me and ask me what is that?? Told them it was the new BlackBerry passport, they all had a look, showed them the gorgeous screen, played a video thru the loudspeakers. Showed them the track pad keyboard whilst browsing the net on my phone. Took a few pics as well to show people just how freaking good the camera is.

3 of these people were about to buy android/iphone6, after seeing and playing with my passport, they all cancelled their sales and asked if the voda shop had any in stock. To which there was none so I told them I bought mine online sim free for 440 uk pounds. Showed them the website and also told them that carphone warehouse is selling them on contract. They all thanked me and left, the voda staff were not happy but do I give a ****?? Nope not my fault they don't know anything about the passport...fact is even the staff were mystified by it and a few said why aren't we selling these in store and why is there no demo unit lol.

Got my nano sim and left, job done as far as I'm concerned. Got 3 people converted to the passport lol

Posted via CB10
    which uk website sell it 440 pounds sir?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry should pay you a fee
    10-01-14 10:22 AM
    Went into my first big meeting this morning. Typically, everyone brings their laptop, but I decided to purposely leave my laptop at my desk and took my Passport. Sat down, put the phone down on the table and sat back. I watched everyone peaking over at the phone as I checked emails and responded to things, but nobody said anything. Once the meeting was over, EVERYONE in the room walked over and wanted to see the passport and I did my little presentation with it, showing the touch sensitive keyboard, which everyone absolutely loved, showed how great the display is, reading emails without the need to scroll etc.... Than the big question came out "But does it fit in your pocket". I wore jeans today (purposely) and did a little fashion show with my passport both in my back and front pocket. Not one person said anything bad about it. Everyone really really liked the touch sensitive keyboard. I love how this device stands out. One of the best comments is "Finally, a device that doesn't look like every other device, and has new and innovative features"
    10-01-14 10:34 AM
    not to be a debbie downer, but a square screen and a trackpad enabled keyboard doesn't resolve fundamental issues with the bb ecosystem like... shoddy app support.
    10-01-14 10:37 AM
    not to be a debbie downer, but a square screen and a trackpad enabled keyboard doesn't resolve fundamental issues with the bb ecosystem like... shoddy app support.
    Have you ever explored the Amazon app store or tried using Snap?
    There is basically no app out there that we can't get with BB10 phone's, and with the Passport's performance, they run as well as a native app.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Aahleksh likes this.
    10-01-14 10:40 AM
    This thread is really starting to **** me off.

AT&T has an exclusive but they don't sell it yet.

We do not know how long the exclusive is.

Verizon is slow to upgrade their network.

I am seriously thinking about leaving my 17 lines at Verizon and taking my number to AT&T but again no body knows their start date.

I have been playing with a Passport since Friday on wifi only and I can't get enough of it. The only thing that I don't like about it is the lack of keyboard scrolling within the CB app but we know that will get fixed.

I purposefully bring the passport to convenient stores and place it on the counter while I am paying.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:41 AM
    Overstating something in a negative way is exactly what a Debbie downer does. I have over a 100 apps which all give me different kinds of options or connectivity. Not counting Amazon apps.

JGoodard and Aahleksh like this.
    10-01-14 10:41 AM
    Have you ever explored the Amazon app store or tried using Snap?
    There is basically no app out there that we can't get with BB10 phone's, and with the Passport's performance, they run as well as a native app.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    wrong. they don't run as they well as they do on the android/ios. plus with the square screen many apps look like crap.
    10-01-14 10:42 AM
    I bet a lot of apps that people complain about are banking and the like. The web works fine for me. And as others have said Snap and Amazon make it real easy.

EDIT: Just downloaded keyring. I think I will go to the grocery story today just so that I can use it. Works even better than it does on my Q10. And the zoom out feature makes it even better.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    10-01-14 10:45 AM
    can someone prove me wrong and post pics/reviews of how key apps like uber, google maps, tinder, instagram and the like work on the passport?
    10-01-14 10:54 AM
    If you prove to me these are key apps, I will load them up and show you the screenshots. Except for instagram that has been shown plenty here.

WWBlondieDo, Tranamal and Evindzer like this.
    10-01-14 11:02 AM
    can someone prove me wrong and post pics/reviews of how key apps like 1. uber, 2. google maps, 3. tinder, 4. instagram and the like work on the passport?
    I would be interested also because I.

1. Have my own car.
    2. Have a sense of direction and can actually read a map.
    3. Married
    4. Don't care.

/sarcasm

No offense but those are not essential to everyone.

The 4 most important things for me are.

Phone, Contacts, Email and Calendar. Everything else is not that important to me. And I know that I am not the only one.

When are people going to understand that choices are great that 1 thing can never be the answer for everyone. The phone is not for everyone and it doesn't have to be.
    10-01-14 11:04 AM
    wrong. they don't run as they well as they do on the android/ios. plus with the square screen many apps look like crap.
    Have you actually used the passport..?

I could only find one app that didn't work and the rest all ran soooo much better than android! The only compatible android phone is the s5 on quality. And most apps work natively with the square screen and all keep their aspect ratio because they're designed as responsive apps that can change types and work among a bunch of devices unlike how apps used to be developed 7/8 years ago.
    They run quite well and I have no complaints from my time with it nor have other people I know who went out early and paid the full outright price...

And imho, iOS apps don't run well unless you're on the absolute latest phone hardware... I always notice them to be laggy and slow compared to native android apps and BlackBerry10 apps... :\

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Aahleksh and Tranamal like this.
    10-01-14 11:06 AM
1,668 ... 678910 ...