Still learning something new everyday! Thanks...though doesn't work on passport, I'll let my wife know for her z30

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know this either!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:44 PM
    All positive comments from people I have shown it to so far. Now the question is what will it take for any of them to jump platforms. There is only so much we in the ground troops can do. We need the BlackBerry Air Force to start dropping advertising bombs!
    09-28-14 06:44 PM
    All positive comments from people I have shown it to so far. Now the question is what will it take for any of them to jump platforms. There is only so much we in the ground troops can do. We need the BlackBerry Air Force to start dropping advertising bombs!
    Totally agree! I did see a good plug for it on CNN Friday night, when they were talking about the stock prices
    09-28-14 06:51 PM
    I don't have one yet but I did show the shopblackberry page for the Passport to a co-worker and he had only positive things to say about it. He said he thought it looked really cool.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-28-14 07:26 PM
    Guys like you and Ubizmo have shown a lot of patience with this company and this platform. I can only guess the feeling of vindication it must have given you to get this kind of reaction in the middle of "enemy territory"

Great story!
    Bakron has shown more patience, in that he has more at stake. If I'm not mistaken he's an actual businessman, and he really depends on this technology. For me it's at best a convenience and a luxury.

And I did defect to an S4 for seven months--not a testimony to patience!

Posted from my Passport.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-28-14 08:03 PM
    Bought my passport today from Telus outright and went over to the WIND mobile store to get a new nano SIM

The store manager took the phone, went around to every employee and showed it off, just shaking with excitement it was kind of funny

She said she was going to get one and said she would happily pay the $700+ for the phone now she knows that it is out and works with the WIND network

Fianc�e is looking at selling her S4 and getting the Passport

So far so good, can't wait for work tomorrow to see what everyone has to say

Sent via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    2c, vptsff and Aahleksh like this.
    09-28-14 08:05 PM
    "Is that a BlackBerry Passport in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Posted via CB10
    bakron1, SharonRD, saxxman and 7 others like this.
    09-28-14 08:21 PM
    Bought my passport today from Telus outright and went over to the WIND mobile store to get a new nano SIM

The store manager took the phone, went around to every employee and showed it off, just shaking with excitement it was kind of funny

She said she was going to get one and said she would happily pay the $700+ for the phone now she knows that it is out and works with the WIND network

Fianc�e is looking at selling her S4 and getting the Passport

So far so good, can't wait for work tomorrow to see what everyone has to say

Was it at a GTA Telus Store?
    09-28-14 08:29 PM
    Fantastic to hear this folks...mine's on order - can wait to 'amaze my friends' with the awesomeness that is the BlackBerry Passport! And 200k in sales in 10 hours?? WOW...that's huge for Blackberry...I see a revolution coming.... Thanks John...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:49 PM
    I was out and about with mine over the weekend and took a lot of pictures while hiking in a crowded park. Went out to eat three times over the weekend as well. Not one person asked about the phone or seemed to care. Guess I haven't been around the right type people lol.

Passport on AT&T
    troubauk and Evindzer like this.
    09-28-14 08:50 PM
    I pulled mine out and girls were everywhere I looked!! #blackberrypassport only kidding waiting for it to arrive ))

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:53 PM
    "What on earth is that!?" *gives weird stare*
    "Is that a PDA?"
    "Its so....square...."

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154

Posted via CB10
    Aahleksh and Evindzer like this.
    09-28-14 09:01 PM
    They don't say anything. Because I don't have one...

Sent from my awesome White Z30!
    Tech_Fan_Boy likes this.
    09-28-14 09:02 PM
    They don't say anything. Because I don't have one...

Sent from my awesome White Z30!
    *yet...

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-28-14 09:57 PM
    Nope, different than Z10 because Z10 each letter could have its own 'up select word', but on PP, it's 3 across the keyboard, one per 'section'

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Sounds like a cross between Z10 and PlayBook prediction.

Posted via CB from "Z" best
    09-28-14 10:16 PM
    Went to wind mobile today to get a nano simcard, the people who worked there all came to check it out and took a picture

Posted via CB10
    vptsff and Aahleksh like this.
    09-28-14 10:20 PM
    I always felt this device would grab a chuckle followed by true interest. Judging by these comments, it looks to be true. Can't wait to order mine on Oct 1st and add to this Thread. Thank you everyone for the stories. Good or bad.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    09-29-14 12:26 AM
    "Why you like BlackBerry smartphone? Feels so premium"

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:35 AM
    Went int CPW (Plymouth, UK) today. They didn't have one in stock, but were all excited to be getting a look at it. Not a sarcastic comment in sight, other than one of the staff joked that "this backwater isn't entrusted to 'proper' phones"!!!

I think they'd be happy to push it when it comes into stock. The manager actually showed me a Tweet that Alan Sugar had just posted if him holding a shiny new Passport!!!

The store then proceeded to show me what the stock levels were in all the other stores... but I was surprised at how low; with the odd exception, most only had '1' showing.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    just waiting for mine to turn up at cpw Plymouth ordered last week
    09-29-14 01:22 AM
    I got mine from carphone warehouse Sunday afternoon. Their not officially selling them until Monday but the store manager (an iPhone 6+ owner) agreed to sell me one and enthusiastically dived into the back to get the demo unit. He had been playing with it since they'd received it and took a good 15 minutes showing me almost every single feature of the phone. This very kind demo actually drew a further 8/9 curious shoppers who watched him demo the keyboard, camera and BB 10.3.

He got 5 sales out of it! I asked him why, if he liked it so much he went for an iPhone 6 and what he said surprised me. 'I bought my 6+ outright for launch. I genuinely had no idea the Passport would be this good and anybody whose asked since Friday I've whipped the demo unit out and raved about it and sold quite a few units to people who weren't even after it. It's that good! I'll be getting the white one when it eventually comes out.'

I've been using the phone solidly and had the following comments from those I know and those I don't.

'Woah how are you moving the screen without touching it?!'

'Is that the new BlackBerry? Looks a lot nicer in real life'

'Really nice phone but not for me. It's too different' - laughed at this one

'That's really for getting work done isn't it?' - I said for me yes and gave them a demo. They went off to CPW to get one after

'Is that a phone? I've never seen anything like that!'

'That's huge you can't seriously use that one handed!?' - I showed them how you can use it one handed (You honestly can!). I don't have big hands and have used a note 3 one handed.

'That's an ugly phone' - handed the phone to them and while still contested it wasn't the best looking phone were amazed with the quality and feel.

I'm going to write a review of the phone for my company blog as they want us to blog about stuff related to modern working. Will share a link when done.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:00 AM
    I love reading this posts I'm excited to buy the Passport when released in the Philippines
    09-29-14 02:08 AM
    Was it at a GTA Telus Store?
    No I'm in Windsor Ontario, this is the same store who reacted similarly to my Z30 lol

09-29-14 04:09 AM
    There you go.

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    anischab likes this.
    09-29-14 05:03 AM
    I'll find out what the Ice Maiden thinks in a few hours.

If I never post back on here again she either hates the Passport or doesn't believe it cost me �12.99 at ASDA.
    ubizmo and Aahleksh like this.
    09-29-14 08:44 AM
    I'll find out what the Ice Maiden thinks in a few hours.

If I never post back on here again she either hates the Passport or doesn't believe it cost me �12.99 at ASDA.
    Ha...good luck

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:59 AM
1,668 ... 45678 ...