The keyboard is something that truly needs some time to get used to.After using the passport for a few hours already I just love the keyboard.

Most people are looking at it and are quite surprised and are asking about it.

Most are truly surprised when you show them websites or emails, since you can see more content than on a regular laptop with less than full HD screen.

I got the letter size @ 5

All in all, I am surprised about the good reception

Posted via CB10
    vptsff, thymaster and amanago like this.
    09-28-14 10:55 AM
    Whaaat?!?
    Yeah you should watch some demo videos on it, looks very cool and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Posted via Q10
    09-28-14 11:03 AM
    Nope, different than Z10 because Z10 each letter could have its own 'up select word', but on PP, it's 3 across the keyboard, one per 'section'

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Actually it's a setting. Go into settings, under keyboard, there you can change it to "in-column" and not above letters.

How have people reacted to your new Passport?-img_20140928_090922.png

Posted via CB10
    amanago and 3_M4N like this.
    09-28-14 11:10 AM
    As soon as I can get it on Verizon, I'll be showing it around a lot.
    Unfortunately that's going to be a long time with that AT&T exclusivity - if at all.

Posted via CB10
    CAMKAKA KAZU likes this.
    09-28-14 11:18 AM
    Actually it's a setting. Go into settings, under keyboard, there you can change it to "in-column" and not above letters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140928_090922.png 
Views:	8092 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	301255

Posted via CB10
    Why would you want to do this on a Z10?

While I've ordered a Passport, I'm actually worried this feature will make it less usable in typing for me than Z10. It takes your eyes away from what you're typing... which certainly slows you down.... just as it does on the PlayBook with similar in column prediction.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackberry_geek; 09-28-14 at 12:22 PM.
    09-28-14 11:19 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140928_090922.png 
Views:	8092 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	301255

Posted via CB10
    Oh huh, that's neat, thought I had explored every part of the settings but I guess I missed a part :\ thanks

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    robert_in_la likes this.
    09-28-14 12:13 PM
    Why would you want to do the on a Z10.

While I've ordered a Passport, I'm actually worried this feature will make it less useable in typing for me than Z10. It takes your eyes away from what you're typing... which certainly slows you down.... just as it does on the PlayBook with similar in column prediction.

Posted via CB10
    ? I'm just saying it's a setting and showing how you do it.

Posted via CB10
    oaknut john likes this.
    09-28-14 12:22 PM
    Why would you want to do this on a Z10?

While I've ordered a Passport, I'm actually worried this feature will make it less usable in typing for me than Z10. It takes your eyes away from what you're typing... which certainly slows you down.... just as it does on the PlayBook with similar in column prediction.

Posted via CB10
    I occasionally use the flick typing on the passport (I actually just used it to flick the word "occassionally" there!), but mostly I use it for swiping back to erase words. With the physical keys, I am so much more accurate than with the z30/z10 anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:47 PM
    Friend 1 - holy crap that phone is huge!! that keyboard is so innovative .
    vptsff likes this.
    09-28-14 01:04 PM
    been out in public alot i think most dont know what it is and are afraid to ask
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-28-14 01:21 PM
    Went int CPW (Plymouth, UK) today. They didn't have one in stock, but were all excited to be getting a look at it. Not a sarcastic comment in sight, other than one of the staff joked that "this backwater isn't entrusted to 'proper' phones"!!!

I think they'd be happy to push it when it comes into stock. The manager actually showed me a Tweet that Alan Sugar had just posted if him holding a shiny new Passport!!!

The store then proceeded to show me what the stock levels were in all the other stores... but I was surprised at how low; with the odd exception, most only had '1' showing.

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1
    09-28-14 01:49 PM
    Interesting aspect of the PP getting so much attention is that many will be introduced to BB10 for the first time. It's a great selling point all by itself, but so many people don't know about it.

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    09-28-14 01:55 PM
    This thread makes me want to buy one..

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    vptsff and Tech_Fan_Boy like this.
    09-28-14 02:02 PM
    This thread makes me want to buy one..

Posted via my z10. "Living life on the edge"
    Do it, you won't regret it!
    Aahleksh likes this.
    09-28-14 02:14 PM
    I occasionally use the flick typing on the passport (I actually just used it to flick the word "occassionally" there!), but mostly I use it for swiping back to erase words. With the physical keys, I am so much more accurate than with the z30/z10 anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Can you or anyone with a PP confirm that using 2+ fingers to swipe to delete words like on the Z10/Z30/Z3 actually works? Please?

thanks.
    09-28-14 02:52 PM
    I have posted this on another thread, but while I was waiting to get my refund at the apple store, I was checking my email and immediately drew a crowd asking what I was using. I told them it was the new BlackBerry passport and showed them the device and I heard their jaws hit the floor.

After showing off the device for 20 minutes, I finally told them where they could buy one and how much the device cost. Just as they all started to get excited, I finally said it was sold out and they would have to wait to get one. Then I smiled, got my refund and left. God that felt great.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    Guys like you and Ubizmo have shown a lot of patience with this company and this platform. I can only guess the feeling of vindication it must have given you to get this kind of reaction in the middle of "enemy territory"

Great story!
    Mic_JP, namgas, Niro Sri and 2 others like this.
    09-28-14 03:02 PM
    I got the Passport yesterday coming from a Z10. I like the keyboard although I do not generally like keyboards. The screen is great and has a lot of space to move in. I only one problem and that is linking my phone in my car by Bluetooth but that's more likely to do with the car and not the phone. Overall this a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:03 PM
    Hmm... these two reviews quite funny and interesting ...

one from .
    Tech_Fan_Boy likes this.
    09-28-14 03:05 PM
    Can you or anyone with a PP confirm that using 2+ fingers to swipe to delete words like on the Z10/Z30/Z3 actually works? Please?

thanks.
    Yes, it works with 2 or 3 fingers. Curious, what's the reason for using more than 1 finger? Just asking

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    09-28-14 03:10 PM

thanks.
    Negative. Swiping left with two or three fingers still only deletes one word.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:16 PM
    Okay so here goes again.

My last night in Toronto downtown:

Server at the restaurant stopped and stared down the phone so I let him play with it. He was a galaxy 2 owner. Couldn't believe it was a Blackberry and glad they didn't just copy the market and brought something new. Now I said was because he decided on buying a passport.

At gym today. Guys stopped working out and came to ask me abt the phone. Showed all the tricks and what not and again.. two more guys ready to leave android to jump the BlackBerry ship this wednesday.

It's good to be original BlackBerry keep the momentum going. I remember I first jumped to BlackBerry 9000 coz it was different.

#Teambb

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:16 PM
    Guys like you and Ubizmo have shown a lot of patience with this company and this platform. I can only guess the feeling of vindication it must have given you to get this kind of reaction in the middle of "enemy territory"

Great story!
    Yep, I am committed to the BlackBerry brand and not looking back, I love the new passport.

09-28-14 03:31 PM
    Yes, it works with 2 or 3 fingers. Curious, what's the reason for using more than 1 finger? Just asking

Posted via CB10
    On Z models, 2 fingers erases 2 words and 3 fingers erases 3 words.

Posted via CB10
    StormieTwo likes this.
    09-28-14 03:55 PM
    I have posted this on another thread, but while I was waiting to get my refund at the apple store, I was checking my email and immediately drew a crowd asking what I was using. I told them it was the new BlackBerry passport and showed them the device and I heard their jaws hit the floor.

After showing off the device for 20 minutes, I finally told them where they could buy one and how much the device cost. Just as they all started to get excited, I finally said it was sold out and they would have to wait to get one. Then I smiled, got my refund and left. God that felt great.

Pastor, what Bible apps work on the passport?
    09-28-14 06:22 PM
    On Z models, 2 fingers erases 2 words and 3 fingers erases 3 words.

Posted via CB10
    Still learning something new everyday! Thanks...though doesn't work on passport, I'll let my wife know for her z30

Posted via CB10
    Banco and troubauk like this.
    09-28-14 06:31 PM
1,668 ... 34567 ...