Hi,

I've used the Blackberry Passport for some months when it came out last year, but traded it for an Android phone because I use a lot of Google Service apps (which didn't completly work and/or crashed back then). Now it's a year later and I'm missing the options BB offers, but I'm not willing to give up all the Google related apps.

So my question is; Can you use the Google Play Store and/or apps (Google Play Services) like Chrome/Pictures/Drive on a BB without having to worry that it crashes? I've looked up some threads (Cobalts thread for example) but I would like a straight answer to my question.

Thank you in advance!
    09-27-15 02:57 PM
    you will have to patch some apps with lucky patcher and some will still not work but you have priv coming up
    09-27-15 04:26 PM
    The problem starts with the BlackBerry Android Runtime which I believe is Jelly Bean version 4.2. It's getting more out of date as time moves on and won't be upgraded. Then you've got the problem that you can't actually run Google Play Services under BlackBerry 10. Cobalt's solution is pretty good, but it's only a work around.

I use a number of Android apps that work for me, but as you've found out some don't work or have problems, and the more they depend on GPS the more they tend not to work.
    09-27-15 04:31 PM
    More successful patching can be accomplished with Gmaps Patcher. Trust Cobalt's threads. Always read first post. Follow directions to the letter.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    09-27-15 04:31 PM
    The problem starts with the BlackBerry Android Runtime which I believe is Jelly Bean version 4.2. It's getting more out of date as time moves on and won't be upgraded. Then you've got the problem that you can't actually run Google Play Services under BlackBerry 10. Cobalt's solution is pretty good, but it's only a work around.

I use a number of Android apps that work for me, but as you've found out some don't work or have problems, and the more they depend on GPS the more they tend not to work.
    The Android runtime is 4.3, not 4.2.
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    09-27-15 05:59 PM
    It's challenge for BB to use Google services. With Cobalt's great effort, some applications are made to run but very occasionally.

Z30 10.3.2.2639 thru CB10
    09-27-15 07:15 PM
    Straight answer is that you'd be happier with the BlackBerry Slider/Visa. ( not calling it Priv)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-27-15 07:17 PM