Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    For a few minutes it kept loosing signal before it completely stop working. I can't text or call only make emergency phone calls. I tried a soft reset of the phone and still no phone usage except for wifi.
    02-28-19 04:17 PM
    Your phone is now toast. This has been a problem with Passports, you need a new device.
    02-28-19 06:36 PM
    Looks like you have the infamous Passport "emergency calls only" bug. Several threads here with that same issue. Still no fix for it.
    02-28-19 07:26 PM
    It's not necessarily toast. If you can get the SIM try either replaced (still available on eBay for a few £$€) or simply your original reinstalled you should have a good chance of this phone working again. I believe the problem is simply a dry joint between the SIM tray and the motherboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-19 01:47 AM
    It's not necessarily toast. If you can get the SIM try either replaced (still available on eBay for a few £$€) or simply your original reinstalled you should have a good chance of this phone working again. I believe the problem is simply a dry joint between the SIM tray and the motherboard.

Posted via CB10
    Highly unlikely.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-only-1053869/
    03-01-19 02:48 AM
    I can't prove what I say, of course, but a link to a thread with lots of people saying "my phone is broken, maybe it's X, Y, or Z" hardly proves your case.

I am always amazed on these forums how people really think hardware can go on forever.

I'd still spend the £50 or so to get my SIM tray replaced if my Passport ever failed like this.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-19 03:13 AM
    I just linked one of the many Passport "emergency calls only" threads as an example. It's up to the OP to do his due diligence.
    Sadly, there really is no fix for that issue.
    £50 may be chump change for some but an unnecessary expense for others.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 03-01-19 at 03:38 AM.
    03-01-19 03:25 AM
    I can't prove what I say, of course, but a link to a thread with lots of people saying "my phone is broken, maybe it's X, Y, or Z" hardly proves your case.

I am always amazed on these forums how people really think hardware can go on forever.

I'd still spend the £50 or so to get my SIM tray replaced if my Passport ever failed like this.

Posted via CB10
    What if you spend £50 and it doesn't fix the problem....

It's an ongoing issue that many have tried fixing.... replacing SIM trays has been tried (some posters own more than one Passport). Of course a SIM tray doesn't cost £50, so if the OP wants to throw a little money at it... he free to do so.

A new Passport isn't that costly, but investing anything into a new BB10 device to day... would require some consideration on the users part.
    03-01-19 11:49 AM
    I use both KEY2 and Passport interchanging the same SIM card when needed. I prefer using Blend on the Passport versus the partial Blend equivalent on the KEY2, so typically the PP is on the home Wi-Fi with an occasional connection problem to Blend. This is avoided when the PP is activated before the Desktop -- but too busy to analyze further ???. Using the original black PP since 2014 it still fills my basic business needs traveling from various locations across the globe. Recently bought the KEY2 only because I need a gradual familiarization to when I will be restricted to only BlackDroid and possibly a KEY3 with availability of 5G. I may not be brutal enough with my phones, as I also still use a BB Z-30 (love it) for experimentation and the wife still content using my old Z-10 (she has very basic phone needs). Each have different qualities, and enjoying them all.
    03-01-19 01:01 PM
    What if you spend £50 and it doesn't fix the problem....
    C'est la vie

A new Passport isn't that costly, but investing anything into a new BB10 device to day... would require some consideration on the users part.
    I AM an everyday Passport user and the consideration was easy when it came to putting a new battery in last year in and I'd invest in it again until a suitable replacement comes out. It gets so much done and I can't bear email on anything else. I have a Motion too sometimes and it has a dreadful OS and the Hub's not great either (admittedly I could get more non-work stuff done on it).

Posted via CB10
    03-01-19 02:22 PM
    For a few minutes it kept loosing signal before it completely stop working. I can't text or call only make emergency phone calls. I tried a soft reset of the phone and still no phone usage except for wifi.
    Take the Sim out and put it back in, mine does the same thing and this solves it
    03-01-19 02:24 PM
    Unfortunately this also happened to mine. Thought it was the sim slot, turns out the shop declared it a motherboard issue,. Ugh.
    Didn't want to make yet another new thread.
    Rip. It's a tablet now.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    07-25-19 02:44 PM