i read on some places that new software update will add 4K.I recently buy BB Passport and update it.it looks 4K is not implemented yet.
    Any Update?
    02-21-16 02:58 AM
    That was rumoured a long time ago, isn't going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:16 AM
    That was rumoured a long time ago, isn't going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    Is the hardware available to make it happen? It just won't because BlackBerry won't enable it?

Or is the hardware lacking?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-21-16 05:50 PM
    Lol no such thing exists

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:34 PM
    Is the hardware available to make it happen? It just won't because BlackBerry won't enable it?

Or is the hardware lacking?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Or was some hack blogger having fun with himself?
    02-28-16 07:35 PM
    I can (kinda) come to the OP defence here

I believe the article was even posted right here on BlackBerry, but I believe it talked more about the capability and/probability that the passport could end up supporting it, but I'm fairly sure there was no availability date on it at all. It was more talking about how the chipset in the phone is the strongest and the most probable in being able to record in 4K. Here's the article in question I believe

http://m.crackberry.com/4k-video-rec...berry-passport

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 08:41 PM
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but did anyone try to port the "Open Camera" app from Android to Blackberry 10, from what I've heard it got a "Force 4K UHD" mode which overrides the video resolution setting and forces the camera to record 4K video if the hardware is capable of doing it.
    Blackberry Passport's hardware (Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM and the 13 MP, f/2.0 camera) is clearly capable of recording 4K video but the problem lies with the camera software which restricts the video recording ability of this device.
    04-12-16 02:03 AM
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but did anyone try to port the "Open Camera" app from Android to Blackberry 10, from what I've heard it got a "Force 4K UHD" mode which overrides the video resolution setting and forces the camera to record 4K video if the hardware is capable of doing it.
    Blackberry Passport's hardware (Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM and the 13 MP, f/2.0 camera) is clearly capable of recording 4K video but the problem lies with the camera software which restricts the video recording ability of this device.
    I have open camera. Didn't try what you said but will..

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 02:14 AM
    Here:

https://app.box.com/s/p3f9epsg95su4ll22bgxjglsq3yple5n

Let us know...
    Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 02:16 AM
    Here:

https://app.box.com/s/p3f9epsg95su4ll22bgxjglsq3yple5n

Let us know...
    Posted via CB10
    BTW: not to go off topic but there is a camera app called JB+ for a dollar that works flawless and fixes the passports slower then average zoom in shots as well as has some cool features, it must work so well as its built for Jellybean aka our run time...

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 01:40 AM
    I can't see it in BlackBerry world?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 01:43 AM
    I can't see it in BlackBerry world?

Posted via CB10
    It's a .apk

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 02:14 AM