I know most of us didn't get the Passport because it's the most cutting edge device on the market, but because it helps us be more productive and do life better. So I'm curious to hear some feedback on how exactly the Passport helps you do life and be the most productive version of yourself.

I'll start...

For me it's hard to pick between the physical keyboard and the Hub. Both of these tools make my life exponentially easier. I work with young adults, so I spend a lot of time texting and typing on my device that I just can't imagine not having this keyboard. I used the iPhone and various Android devices and I made so many mistakes on the virtual keyboard. I just couldn't get used to it. When I finally came to the Passport about a year ago, it was like I was reborn. The spacious, tactile keyboard is a dream! I therefore communicate so much easier with my students and keep in touch with them more than I did before. Thank you Passport!

I also can't imagine not having the Hub. It's such a small thing, but it makes such a big difference in how much time I save *not fumbling around with all the different notifications from different apps. I have Cobalt's Google PlayStore hack, so I have all the apps I need from financial to social media. And if I get a notification, whether from text, email or Facebook, it's all right there in the Hub - my one stop shop. I know, I know, I didn't need to explain the Hub to you guys, but wow!, what a help in being productive.

Honorary mention to the peek feature of BB10 and the gorgeous huge screen that makes it a dream to read on

For me, I want my device to help me live my life, not be my life. And the Passport does just that. I recently bought a spare Passport so that I can (hopefully) use this productivity monster until it's simply irrelevant to do so. But that day is not here yet! #LongLiveBlackBerry

Thanks for any feedback!
    01-10-17 11:44 AM
    It has helped my daily life because I rarely have to pull the laptop out of the case while I'm on the road. Sometimes I won't even bring a PC with me.

I can easily reply to email, review documents and do my planning directly on my Passport. So much so that I even bought a light weight ebook reader as I don't need to have my tablet with me. I can travel with a very light carry-on indeed.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    ratfinkstooley and keliew like this.
    01-10-17 02:37 PM
    I can BBM, email with ease, type/write with ease due to pkb, extremely awesome map system, fast browser, I spreadsheet a LOT, conduct massive amounts of texting, I use Blend to make life much easier or if I forget my phone at home, the calendar like a mofo, I do calendar conferences with external contacts which is so smooth, I love having a ton of ring profiles for when I'm in public /work hours/ an oncall profile/ a sleeping profile, I love setting different LED for different levels of importance in emails/texts/facebook/linkedin/disabling LED and alerts/preview for my work account when I'm too busy with my personal life to be involved with work. I could go on and on.

I like having my phone sitting on the other size of the room and I can tell who just text me... or fb me.. .or called me... or BBM me... simply by the tone emitted or the color of the led flashing.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Last edited by 85_305; 01-10-17 at 05:13 PM.
    andy957 and ratfinkstooley like this.
    01-10-17 03:51 PM
    I do not have to use android. There is no temptation to use time wasting useless apps, social network fake life, still it provides everything that I really need, like navigation, music player, browser, dictionary, e-mail, phone, and pkb.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and Chris Chin like this.
    01-10-17 04:36 PM
    My Passport is my companion! It goes everywhere I go! And I mean everywhere! Haha

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-10-17 04:43 PM
    I can type and input information without getting frustrated by a virtual keyboard or android keyboard or apple keyboard. It keeps me sane and I don't have to throw it against a wall.
    01-10-17 09:21 PM
    It just makes my life worth living

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    ratfinkstooley and Zeratul57 like this.
    01-10-17 09:26 PM
    The battery is excellent and I work on the move without the problem of low battery even after a long day.

The flick typing from the capacitive keyboard that accurately anticipates, is easy to use and saves me time.

The Priority Hub screens out the distractions and keeps me focused on the most important senders.

Customizing contacts by notification sounds and LED colours gives me very useful information. And the option to turn off these notifications for lower priority communications allows me to manage distractions.

And the ability to multi-task smoothly and intuitively with BB10 is a joy to use for a busy business person.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 10:17 PM
    I'll take a shot at this question.

I have always wanted my devices to be productivity devices and not time wasters. Everyone that I know who has an iPhone tend to use their devices as social media time wasting devices.

I usually carry a Classic with me and bring the Passport along if I think I'll need it. I just recently started an online university class and at the same time am vacationing in Maui. As a result, I swapped my SIM card over to the Passport and it has been working out well for the following reasons:

-battery lasts all day! When out and about all day, especially when travelling, it's hard to know if and when you'll get chances to charge your device.
    -screen size is perfect for reading textbooks and documents. The course I'm taking involves a lot of reading and the Passport's screen size is perfect for this.
    -physical keyboard makes typing up assignments far more accurate and engaging for me. I can even type without looking at the keyboard!
    -fast performance. I can switch apps in a flash (for example, between watching a lecture video, writing notes in Docs to Go, responding to Hub messages, etc)
    -excellent camera for vacation photos

When we get back home from vacation, I was planning on switching back to the Classic but the Passport sure makes for the perfect travel companion.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 09:34 AM
    None of your business.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-11-17 10:30 AM
    None of your business.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    So why di you even take the time to reply to the thread Dude. Relax!

01-11-17 06:34 PM
    My Passport is just that,...my passport! It does all that is required,...and then some! Like:
    1) Communication
    2) Information (web access)
    3) Entertainment (Music, Netflix)
    4) Hotspot device: 2.4G/5G
    5) Camera (though it could surely use a better camera)
    6) Payment accepting tool - Accepts credit cards with Square

Although I'm considering the iPhone 7 Plus,..or the new iPhone 8,....my only reason is there is no viable Blackberry upgrade path for me from the Passport. Plus,...I need a device that can facetime!
    01-11-17 09:22 PM
    Well, I like to write stories a LOT. I enjoy using the Passport SE soft keyboard to type my stories anywhere I please, like when sitting on the beach, standing in a train or bus, in a cafe,....I just love to loose myself typing away here and there. Heaven!

I'm also a translator so it goes without saying that I try to do my works on it whenever I can.

I don't fancy putting it next to my ear during phone call, though. I'd much prefer the Q10 for that. I'd do conference call with the Passport if I could.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 01-11-17 at 11:08 PM.
    01-11-17 09:34 PM
    Why carry a separate e-reader when the Passport excels as an e-reader device? I have Kindle and Overdrive on my Passport and they work great. Audible too....
    01-11-17 10:19 PM
    So why di you even take the time to reply to the thread Dude. Relax!

Well Chris, my guess to answer your question would be that your logic assessment is none of your's nor the OP's business as well.

As far as the Passport goes... cool phone. I would use mine more often if it used a micro sim like the other BlackBerry phones that I own.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 10:58 PM
    Why carry a separate e-reader when the Passport excels as an e-reader device? I have Kindle and Overdrive on my Passport and they work great. Audible too....
    Well, I have a nook simple touch and I prefer to read my ebooks there, because it's a LOT lighter to hold and read for a long period of time. Especially while lying down on your back on the sofa or bed. Trust me, with the Passport, you'll feel the weight after awhile. Not to mention slippery.
    01-11-17 11:04 PM
    1. Communication
    2. Working
    3. Look professional

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 09:36 AM
    Although I'm considering the iPhone 7 Plus,..or the new iPhone 8,....my only reason is there is no viable Blackberry upgrade path for me from the Passport. Plus,...I need a device that can facetime!
    That about the Priv? Dtek50? Dtek60? Or better yet... the fabled Mercury??

Posted via CB10 Passport
    01-12-17 10:36 AM
    Blend is ultimate experience.. I am already blended.. I am using blend on pc also instead of native outlook or any Web mail.. Very Very smooth and ultimate experience
    01-13-17 12:37 AM
    Writing experience is not good.. because I am writing a lot in marathi.. my native lang.. and BlackBerry Passport does not support writing in Marathi.. I have work around use android keyboard in android app but not intuitive solution to write in BlackBerry apps
    01-13-17 01:41 AM
    The Passport, besides maybe the physical keyboard or Hub, didn't help me out that much.

So, I returned it and bought a PRIV. I have no regrets. BB OS might've been something great once, but it's a sterile, dead waste of an OS at this point.
    01-13-17 02:18 PM
    The Passport, besides maybe the physical keyboard or Hub, didn't help me out that much.

So, I returned it and bought a PRIV. I have no regrets. BB OS might've been something great once, but it's a sterile, dead waste of an OS at this point.
    I disagree completely. But I appreciate your input. Enjoy your Priv!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 09:56 PM

I also couldn't disagree more. Perhaps instead of simply bashing, offered explanations why you feel that is. Like say things like "may Snapchat won't load so I can make funny faces" or maybe "Facebook is only a webpage and the other apps don't work so well so I can't surf other people's more interesting lives". These reasons I could understand for someone who needs more out of life but the physical keyboard and HUB didn't help you? I'm sorry that is not possible. Unless you never needed them cause you don't text or type and only play games all day long.

You may want to consider then turning off al the BlackBerry features than came installed on the Priv, like the HUB. You can get near pure android experience on it that way. Good luck......?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:52 AM
    Just love using it. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and andy957 like this.
    01-17-17 07:10 AM
    My Passport is my companion! It goes everywhere I go! And I mean everywhere! Haha

Posted via CB10
    Yup, even the bathroom or restroom. I do some of my finest work in there. Ha,ha!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 12:52 PM
32 12