Because the battery on my Passport can hypothetically run without recharging for a week, I choose to leave the wifi live constantly. It is only when I leave the university that the wifi is stuck on the university's server until rebooting. There must be a method to reboot the wifi without rebooting the phone. How is this done? A friend with an Android phone does it by going into and coming out of Airplane Mode; I attempted this without success.
    11-05-15 05:39 PM
    turning the wifi on and off doesn't let you discover different wifi ssids?
    11-05-15 05:43 PM
    Lemme guess - you're talking about eduroam?

If so, it is a known problem for which no solution other than rebooting the phone exists so far. However, we're planning to escalate this to BlackBerry within the next couple of days, hoping engineering can provide a fix.
    11-06-15 10:16 AM
    It is not exactly eduroam, rather having logged into the university's "secure" network doesn't let me leave that network if leaving when connected to it. If I physically disconnect the wifi before leaving the premises then the BlackBerry is fine - I can then connect to another network; but if leaving while the phone is connected, it won't leave the university's connection until I reboot.
    11-06-15 11:51 PM