09-01-15 08:26 AM
    I can only tell you how my SE Passport compares to my Note 4. No comparison. The Passport is much faster, much snappier, and no lag whatsoever.
    I have had my Passport for about a month now, and would not hesitate to buy it again. No regrets here.
    09-01-15 08:31 AM
    Thanks JREwing. What about using webpages, flash etc. Also good.
    09-01-15 09:07 AM
    Thanks JREwing. What about using webpages, flash etc. Also good.
    Flash was removed from the native browser in os 10.3.1 and newer, but apparently there are ways to get it back such as using 3rd party browsers. I've never tried.

Browser is really fast on these

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    09-01-15 09:15 AM
    I have a Passport for work, and a Note 4 for personal use. I do notice some lag on the Note, but the gestures and animations on the Passport tend to cancel that out.

I find that overall web browsing and app usage to be superior on the Note, as I prefer the narrower build and feel in the hand (the passport is always a two handed device for me).

If I was forced to go with only one, I would probably go with the Note as I prefer it for media and apps, but do like the Passport better as a communication tool. Both great devices overall, and the BlackBerry definitely stands out from the crowd.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:56 AM
    Apps such as Facebook and Twitter don't show as much stuff in the feeds as Android. But the productivity is sooo much better. Can hammer out a text in seconds flat and switch between apps in milliseconds

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-01-15 10:08 AM
    Nexus 6 is a snappier device in my experience, especially with Android Marshmallow.

BlackBerry PP productivity is higher though, thanks to Hub.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 10:17 AM
    Much snappier than stock Note 4. But a CM12.1 Note 4 there is no contest. Just like wish apps were better on BlackBerry. Same old story though. Facebook is pretty poor and I cannot get an Android version to work.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    09-01-15 12:44 PM
    Compared to a non-flagship android, the passport outperforms almost everywhere, including android apps.

Natively, it's always better on the passport.
    kalphreef likes this.
    09-01-15 01:03 PM
    Android is a lag machine. Email on android is a joke too. Worst of the 3 imitators.

Posted via CB10
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    09-01-15 04:27 PM
    I can type well on virtual keyboards, at one point I could typed crazy fast on the iphone and I've never owned one out of choice. My friend has a samsung s5 and when I try to type on that, it's crazy hard, I'm not even kidding when I say it feels like I'm type on a 2008 virtual keyboard, like it's seriously hard and not very responsive! I hate it. Even if blackberry goes android I'd rather be on a blackberry if I have to use android

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 05:46 PM
    I have a note 4 and the mighty passport se - no lag on my note at all. I've turned the animations off in developer mode; the note is an absolute beast. Apps and browsing superior on android, obviously, but the hub is the thing - email is the best, on the passport. Battery life, note lasts longer. Camera, no contest: Note 4 has arguably one of the best setups of any mobile device ever. I will say that if BlackBerry are making an android device I'd buy that as it would be the best of both worlds. Oh, typing: Swiftkey is insanely fast - swipe kbs by their very nature are fast and the prediction engine is second to none - I can palm and one hand both the passport and the note 4 - "typing" is superior, on the note, in that you're not typing but swiping. That slider, with swiftkey and a proper BlackBerry kb... Awesome! Anyway, passport se is awesome. I prefer it to the standard, had two with double typing issues - the passport se seems to be holding up. For now.

Sent using tapatalk!
    09-01-15 06:01 PM
    Compared to a non-flagship android, the passport outperforms almost everywhere, including android apps.

Natively, it's always better on the passport.
    Compared to a non-flagship? So what? PP is the BlackBerry flagship. It should be compared to a flagship Android. And it's slower than those.

However, as a person, I am faster with BlackBerry, because of Hub and keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:31 PM
    Android is a lag machine. Email on android is a joke too. Worst of the 3 imitators.

Posted via CB10
    Android isn't a lag machine. Pure Android on a Nexus is quite fast. Skins make it lag.

Email used to be a joke on Android, but with apps like Nine, it isn't. It's pretty good. Not as good as BlackBerry, but certainly not a joke.

I have no idea what you're talking about when you refer to the three imitators.

Your post is full of incorrect statements.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:33 PM
    I can type well on virtual keyboards, at one point I could typed crazy fast on the iphone and I've never owned one out of choice. My friend has a samsung s5 and when I try to type on that, it's crazy hard, I'm not even kidding when I say it feels like I'm type on a 2008 virtual keyboard, like it's seriously hard and not very responsive! I hate it. Even if blackberry goes android I'd rather be on a blackberry if I have to use android

Posted via CB10
    That has absolutely nothing to do with Android. You do know with Android, you can choose from literally dozens of keyboards.

People really need to get their facts straight in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 06:34 PM
    +1 on that. My Note 4 was laggy and not snappy compared to my current Passport which is why I sold it. Be it on Kit Kat or Lollipop it was so laggy despite me doing a factory reset. Maybe to a normal user he would enjoy it but to me being used to how snappy things are on BlackBerry I couldn't stand it.
    09-01-15 06:56 PM
    I'm talking about the stock keyboad not SwiftKey or others @beetrootjulip

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 07:19 PM
    I'm talking about the stock keyboad not SwiftKey or others @beetrootjulip

Posted via CB10
    No, you're talking about the Samsung keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 09:06 PM
    Initial the device is good and working fast. After times, you are getting nothing but a slow turtle device. Not performing anything at all.

BlackBerry all the way.

Posted via Blackberry Passport (SE) - Singapore
    09-02-15 12:06 PM
    Initial the device is good and working fast. After times, you are getting nothing but a slow turtle device. Not performing anything at all.

BlackBerry all the way.

Um, what device are you talking about? If you have a note saying that I'd take it back because there's eight here not doing that. That sounds bad.
    09-02-15 03:56 PM
    I'm not really sure how you would measure this... Even all android phones with the same or similar SoCs have wildly different performance based on their kernels/skins/what you're running/etc.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-02-15 04:21 PM
    I use a Note 4 for work. I don't use it a lot, only for testing my app during work hours but it is definitely slow in the navigation of the UI. Hell, my Q10 hardly ever lags. And it doesn't have the specs of the passport.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    09-02-15 04:22 PM
    Um, what device are you talking about? If you have a note saying that I'd take it back because there's eight here not doing that. That sounds bad.
    Refering to samsung Tab S. Opps..

Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-02-15 07:09 PM
    You asked about performance between the two.....
    Performance wise,
    I have the Passport and the LG G Flex.
    No difference when going thru the UI.
    As for the Browsers, the Flex wins most of the times. But on the original release OS that Passport had, I would have said Passport was faster.

In short every OS update my Flex gets, the better the phone has become.
    But every OS the Passport has gotten, some bugs have been fixed, but the speed of the phone has been decreased.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-02-15 08:49 PM
    Try the SE. Very fast, responsive.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:58 PM
39 12