So I am wondering how people keep their new Passport's looking new.

I have usually been a clean freak and like to keep my devices looking new.

Once or twice a week I wash my cases, take a can of air to blow things out and wipe the screens.

The last week I have noticed that there seems to be a small oil/grease stain near the B key and below the space bar. Maybe I have had greasy fingers the last two weeks since I have been using the PP? Don't know....

Anyway, I haven't had to deal with grease spots on a phone before and am wondering how would be a good way to clean the keyboard? I don't think using a wet solution would be smart due to possible water damage. I have tried using a dry cloth with no love.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-01-14 03:13 PM
    I am using a dry cloth too, don't see any other way.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-01-14 03:16 PM
    Get a girlfriend

Posted via CB10
    Cesar Zuniga1 likes this.
    11-01-14 03:17 PM
    99% Isopropyl Alcohol lightly applied to a soft cotton cloth then gently wipe the keypad. You can also use this method to clean the screen and back of the device as well. Make sure you power off the Passport first.
    11-01-14 03:21 PM
    I think u need to get a hobby bro. Try going to the gym or going to a club and meeting a girl. Sounds like u have wayyyy too much time on your hands..... take your shirt, clean it and your done

Posted via CB10
    Tompire and Cesar Zuniga1 like this.
    11-01-14 03:24 PM
    You can have a girlfriend and still love your gadgets... you're seen with your phone more than you're seen with your car, and I'm sure all of you are squeaky clean with your cars

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    vpblaze and AnimalPak200 like this.
    11-01-14 03:29 PM
    I don't do anything. If I got the urge I would use a microfiber cloth and just wipe it off. I definitely wouldn't use anything on it. Just wipe with something soft.
    11-01-14 03:31 PM
    I will give the alcohol a shot....

Also, I have plenty of hobbies, and am a family man. I take pride in my possession's.
    Also helps resale value. Which are you more likely to buy used? The device that's scratched and dirty or the one that looks like new? My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-01-14 04:18 PM
    99% Isopropyl Alcohol lightly applied to a soft cotton cloth then gently wipe the keypad. You can also use this method to clean the screen and back of the device as well. Make sure you power off the Passport first.
    Exactly that POWER OFF your Passport before doing ANYTHING

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-01-14 04:40 PM
    Get a girlfriend

Posted via CB10
    Is that the same reason you're here?

11-01-14 04:40 PM
    OP don't pay attention to the dicks in this thread. Nothing wrong at all with wanting to keep your phone clean.

I like the isopropyl idea, but is it really safe to use on all parts of the phone? I would think it wouldn't be good on the screen or metal parts, but maybe someone could correct me.

Laughing pretty hard at the ignorance of some of these replies though.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:43 PM
    OP don't pay attention to the dicks in this thread. Nothing wrong at all with wanting to keep your phone clean.

I like the isopropyl idea, but is it really safe to use on all parts of the phone? I would think it wouldn't be good on the screen or metal parts, but maybe someone could correct me.

Laughing pretty hard at the ignorance of some of these replies though.

Posted via CB10
    I would think that as long as he powers off the device completely and drys it he should be fine no?

11-01-14 04:45 PM
    Well I'm just not sure if it will damage the metal/glass. Hopefully someone can clear the air.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:48 PM
    Well I'm just not sure if it will damage the metal/glass. Hopefully someone can clear the air.

Posted via CB10
    Glass? Not sure. But metal? Should be fine. I worked at a jewelry store a couple years ago. The easiest way to remove smudges and gunk or glue etc... was perfume. It has massive amounts of alcohol so it came off effortlessly.

11-01-14 04:56 PM
    I'd go with the very light alcohol cleaning. Of course, power down the device. Regarding the compressed air: please don't use it on the ear piece or mics at the bottom of the phone. These are very sensitive, and you can break them with pressurized air.

I just cleaned out my ear piece using a single bristle from my toothbrush and tweezers. Time consuming, but it worked.
    Last edited by RandomPrecision92; 11-02-14 at 12:08 PM.
    EsJayDee and vpblaze like this.
    11-01-14 04:57 PM
    Just give it a good wipe down with a good microfiber cloth.
    If I must remove heavy grease or goop. Fold up a piece of paper towel and moisten it with some Windex works great.
    Alcohol seems a bit harsh for regular use; maybe to remove really tough goop.
    11-01-14 05:12 PM
    Microfiber with drops of water.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-01-14 05:46 PM
    I use a couple drops of this on my microfiber towel.

How do you clean your Passport?-clorox-bleach-64oz.jpg
    11-01-14 06:02 PM
    Eye glass cleaning cloth!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    11-01-14 06:10 PM
    I have been using isopropyl for years...I hate a smutzy phone. It also is completely benign to all the materials on the phone

I keep a little eyeglass cleaner spray bottle at my desk and some lint-free wipes...clean it every day, sometimes more. I hit it with a can of air a couple times a month as well.

Yea its a little OCD but keeps the device like new...
    11-01-14 06:20 PM
    You could try spitting at it. I find this to be a funny thread. I can't respond seriously. Have you tried wiping it with your shirt? Maybe using the microfiber cloth if you are really serious about it?
    If you need advice on how to wipe, you are on your own with that one...

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-01-14 06:21 PM
    I use a micro fibre cloth for the whole phone, not sure if you should use isopropyl alcohol or other cleaning agent on it. (I wouldn't anyways). I take my hard case off once every 2 weeks and wash it with warm water and a little dish soap. For the keyboard, I use a moist cloth with warm water. Don't soak it. Instead of using the compressed air, use your vacuum to clean the earpiece and speakers and other openings. If you can use a lower power suction or hold it off on an angle that would be better. Compressed air just blows it into the phone clogging it over time.
    11-01-14 06:24 PM
    I use computer screen wipes on mine

Via Z10 or Passport, whichever is to hand
    11-01-14 06:51 PM
    I just glance at someone else's device and realize how not dirty mine is. Also helps with most other things in life (grades, weight, money, luck, job, etc).. lol

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 07:00 PM
    I use a micro fibre cloth for the whole phone, not sure if you should use isopropyl alcohol or other cleaning agent on it. (I wouldn't anyways). I take my hard case off once every 2 weeks and wash it with warm water and a little dish soap. For the keyboard, I use a moist cloth with warm water. Don't soak it. Instead of using the compressed air, use your vacuum to clean the earpiece and speakers and other openings. If you can use a lower power suction or hold it off on an angle that would be better. Compressed air just blows it into the phone clogging it over time.
    Soapy water would be the last thing I would use...it will leave a residue unlike alcohol

The primary ingredient in any screen cleaner is alcohol, including eyeglass cleaner. Hell I use those alcohol wipes that doctors use when giving needles and they work great as well.

One thing to never use would be something like Windex which has ammonia. It would not hurt the glass but definitely hurts any plastic.
    11-01-14 07:15 PM
35 12