There's no option to archive my emails to all mail in the hub on my BlackBerry. How do you do this?

My Gmail is setup so that when I select delete the message goes to my trash in gmail. But there's no option now to send messages to my all mail (archive). How do you archive messages in gmail?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 11:44 PM
    The simple answer is that you can't.

The "Archive" can be thought of as a filter specific to Google's implementation of IMAP. It's essentially a view available in Gmail of messages that are "filed" without a label. As BlackBerry 10 translates labels into file folders, it doesn't recognize messages that have no label/file folder.

I have worked around this by filing messages to specific folders. I've set up a specific label named "Archived" for those messages that don't belong in a specific file/label.

Yes it's a work-around, but it works for me.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-18-14 12:22 AM
    In settings, accounts, open your email, choose the email to edit (not calendar or contacts), scroll down to folder settings. I have mine set to sync all, but you can pick through what you want access to. Then to file in a different folder, long press on an email, choose file, then select the folder of choice.
    10-18-14 12:22 AM
    Delete them. They will archive. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:25 AM
    Delete them. They will archive. Try it out.

Posted via CB10
    Not since the OP has used the account setup options that makes deleted messages go to "Trash" instead of being simply archived. I'm familiar with that setup, as my Gmail accounts are set up in the same way.
    10-18-14 12:28 AM
    Sounds like you can have your choice of one or the other.. Send messages to the trash, or send them archive in gmail. Not both.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:52 AM
    Correct. But if you go with the Archive route, you can't access the archived messages on your device.
    10-18-14 12:57 AM
    Correct. But if you go with the Archive route, you can't access the archived messages on your device.
    I don't delete emails often (at all) so I'm not sure where mine are going when I hit delete lol.

But how do you set up the account to archive vs delete?
    10-18-14 01:00 AM
    If you didn't change any of your settings by default deleted emails go to archive. But i don't know how to access the archives. You can change the delete behavior by going into your Gmail account settings (gear) and i think its POP settings, there you'll find the delete behavior settings
    10-18-14 01:29 AM
    If you didn't change any of your settings by default deleted emails go to archive. But i don't know how to access the archives. You can change the delete behavior by going into your Gmail account settings (gear) and i think its POP settings, there you'll find the delete behavior settings
    Correct -- default Gmail settings will result in messages being archived on the server when deleted from the BB 10 device (for IMAP, but not POP setup). It's important to note that "Archived" messages can't be accessed on your BB 10 device (see posdt #2).

Here's the link to the instructions for having messages delete from server when deleted on device, for reference: How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP
    10-18-14 08:52 AM